+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 24-26 August

Was supposed to last until the 27th but I cracked a disc so it was game over, although it meant I could go for a week in Switzerland a day early B)

We've had a great time, and I wished I had stayed an extra day rather than staying a night in Reims where I am typing this.

However I did get to see the Reims track pits and stand..... now it's time for more beer.

:thumb:

I'll be back soon
    Has left the building..................

:( @ the disc. Apparently, braking can slow you down so don't ;)

F
    BMW 3.0 Z4 Roadster. Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI T2. Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000.

Regular
    Originally posted by Dave Malings@Sep 2 2007, 04:31 PM
    Was supposed to last until the 27th but I cracked a disc so it was game over, although it meant I could go for a week in Switzerland a day early B)

We've had a great time, and I wished I had stayed an extra day rather than staying a night in Reims where I am typing this.

However I did get to see the Reims track pits and stand..... now it's time for more beer.

:thumb:

I'll be back soon
    Dave,

I was chased for alot of a lap with a 944 turbo which was pretty damn quick, was that you?

Big thumbs up at the end of the lap exchanged at the end of the lap :thumb: I was in a white 997 RS

best,
    adam

I don't remember, what day was this?

Seems a long time ago now.

shame about disc :(
    martin
    37 laps no crash 38 laps 1 corner to go.....ooops
    ex-official northloop sweatshirt model-i am too ugly gary says
    The pink sock Doc !
    "never enter Karussel when on the brakes! i have gone round there on the roof,i know what i am talking about"-sabine schmitz
    i have my murtaya!!!

..anyway so I packed the tent up and was on my way to Switzerland by noon.

We camped by lake Brienz.

Walked to a lovely waterfall where you could walk behind it.

Got a venicular down and got the boat back to the campsite. The colour of the water never ceased to amaze me.

Then drove to Pfingstegg and went up to a 1600 meter roddelbahn.

On the way down we saw some guys having fun in a raft. Melted glacier water is cold! I'd not have wanted to fall in that!

Drove 90 mins to Mount Titlis only to find that you could not even go out doors due to lightning. Bugger that...so we went and drove some alpine passes and drive through a rather famous tunnel.

Drove to Italy to have a proper pizza and swim in a lake. 100 miles took the best part of 4 hours due to 2 mountain passes that took me a bit longer than I thought! Weather was about 10 degrees higher than what we left behind!

Went up to steepest venicular I've ever seen and walked around a lake at 1800 meters.

On the way back, we went and touched a glacier....or climbed on it and held it!!

Finally got up Mount Titlis, but it was cloudy and you couldn't see anything....still had fun though.

On the way home we drove to Reims, and looked at the old track bits. The pits had been painted, but the old stands still need some work.

Those pictures make me want to go there too :thumb:

You bastard:

Global warming is bad enough without you trying to help it with your ice robbing antics :angry: ;)

If you have an itinery or route you could let me have then I'd love to contemplate a road trip like that :thumb:

F
    BMW 3.0 Z4 Roadster. Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI T2. Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000.

This was all done from our base in Istelwald near Interlaken.

Most of the things we did were only not much more than an hour away.....apart from Italy of course.

Regular
    Re Reims pits being painted - think I prefer the old run down look <_< Reason is there&#39;s a Reims Revival meeting over the weekend of 22nd September. From memory there were going to bring along an old Mercedes or two like Fangio used to race there, along with a variety of other cars. I was nearly tempted to go, but made other plans.
    When the flag drops, the bullshit stops&#33;

Regular
    Looks a good trip, Dave :thumb: . Glad that you all enjoyed it. B)
    SteveM owes me 5
    I owe Dan 5
    Steve. Pay the man!

Regular
    Originally posted by Dave Malings@Sep 3 2007, 11:17 AM
    I don&#39;t remember, what day was this?

Seems a long time ago now.
    Hehehe, I cant remember either.. :whistle: , but near brunchen we both picked up a red racing mk2 golf who thought he was really quick and wouldnt pull over.

But it was a german registered car i think actually..

Great picture and what a honeymoon :)

Glad you had a good trip :D

Sorry I didn&#39;t get to say bye but I thought you&#39;d still be there when I got back from Spa....

Good to see you all again
    SLK32 AMG

Cider makes you brighter

+ Reply to Thread