+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Car finance options

Car finance options

A friend of mine has turned to me for advice on his next car. He currently drives a 208 and it is utter misery...

He’s looking for a low deposit (£1k) and monthly’s of circa £200?

Three doors and more respectable than then 208 are the key requirements, he’s likely to just hand it back and start over in three years.

I know nothing of this financing lark, but if anyone knows any decent deals that may fit the bill/ suggested cars, it would Ben greatly appreciated.

He’s not a petrolhead, and an e46 M3 is a very unlikely choice... so I’m clueless as to what to suggest!
    Current; Smart ForTwo(7) and a BMW 120d Sport (Co car)

Previous; Honda S2000 (0) and Mazda Mx5 Mk2 Sport (10) Boring Diesel DSG Golf (Co car)

I should also say the only reason he’s asked my advise is because of the amount of questioning I give him over his decision to own a 208.

Previous; Honda S2000 (0) and Mazda Mx5 Mk2 Sport (10) Boring Diesel DSG Golf (Co car)

118d Shadow

The best advice that I could give, if he is open to a range of models is:
    *Stick to a budget. It is easy to get caught in cycles of looking to spend £20 more and suddenly the £200 budget is £280.
    *Run a spreadsheet - total cost of ownership over the term is the thing. It is easy to get lost in interest rates, initial and final payments, monthlies, etc. Always answer that question ‘what does this cost over the term?’
    *Use CarWow to get prices on new cars. You can normally then see the PCP deal on the mfr website (just add the CarWow discount to the deposit to get the right numbers back).
    *Ring around the lease companies, see what deals they can do. If they have inbound stock that is unallocated, they can be keen to shift it. Useful if you’re not too fussed on colour, spec, model, etc.
    *If you are PCP-ing, remember that adding options can really sting your monthly and play around with the next model up and also various specs. Because of the way that the costs are calculated, you sometimes can take a significant upgrade on model size, spec or engine with little or no impact on cost. E.g. A Golf GTi might not be much more than an Up! GTi or Polo GTi or the Golf GTi might be the same monthly cost as the Golf GL.
    BMW E90 330i Sport / Kawasaki ZX6R.
    Custodian and seller of Northloop stickers.

Picked randomly but shows the sort of thing you can get into within that budget. Play about with the drop downs

https://www.vehiclesavers.com/car-le...ic-ez-5dr.html
    I'm arresting you for murdering my car you dyke digging tosspot

And a bit over, if you want to ignore Simon's comment

https://www.vehiclesavers.com/car-le...z-5dr-dsg.html
    I'm arresting you for murdering my car you dyke digging tosspot

Thanks all, will have a play tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread