+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone work in Telecoms?

Regular

Anyone work in Telecoms?

We're moving offices, previously BT have looked after our internet/phone system, but crikey they're not easy to work with.

Are there any alternatives we should be looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    We're moving offices, previously BT have looked after our internet/phone system, but crikey they're not easy to work with.

Are there any alternatives we should be looking at?
    Yes I do but work for your incumbent provider, I guess you are in the SME, there are loads options out there just depends on requirements.

As a good example take a look at Ring Central https://www.ringcentral.co.uk/lp/bus...SAAEgLgZfD_BwE

If you use Office 365 then it might well be worth looking at the voice capabilities of Microsoft Teams.

Might be worth giving Rich Bernard a shout. He's been involved with telecoms in the past.
    @ThrottleSteerer - Ex-Official Northloop Brat Custodian

Forever in debt to the famous NL Brat relay Team.
    Kent to Aberdeen (the scenic route) - December 2016

Thanks Findlay.

Tim, ping me a message if you'd like a chat.
    tbc

Regular
    Thanks Rich, will do.

And cheers Jamie, we've used ringcentral in the past, we have an Avaya phone system at present. BT tell us we can't get fibre at the new office, despite what Openreach and the property developer is telling us, most frustrating!

The inernet connection side of things seems to be the sticking point at present, apparently our only option is a leased line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Thanks Rich, will do.

And cheers Jamie, we've used ringcentral in the past, we have an Avaya phone system at present. BT tell us we can't get fibre at the new office, despite what Openreach and the property developer is telling us, most frustrating!

The inernet connection side of things seems to be the sticking point at present, apparently our only option is a leased line.
    Avaya havenít really bought much to the market of late, most people I work with albeit large organisations arenít too keen on Avaya and are either going the Teams route or a Cisco/Broadsoft route.

If it is a new build I suspect the data in terms availability is taking time to filter from Openreach.

+ Reply to Thread