+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weekend

Weekend

Still a day to go but Iím scared.

Helen is off skiing till MONDAY NIGHT from 3am tomorrow.

I have ALL THREE.

Jesus H Christ Mary Joesph and the 9 disciples - send help.

Might go to Thetford forest Saturday.

Sunday possibly seaside.

Monday night - will have 90% grey hair rather than current 7%.

Her ladyship's 50th today. To celebrate I dragged out the old car she had for her 30th and recommissioned it. It has been gathering dust for the last twelve years, but cleaned up pretty nice. Off to Eastbourne for a big party long weekend. Yay!!

I stuck some new tyres on. The ones on it were eighteen years old!!

Last edited by Uncle Benz; 14-03-2019 at 09:04 PM.
    Northloop.co.uk - at the forefront of political debate since Tuesday.

Awesome. Have a great time G and B.

Happy birthday Mrs G

My mrs is working nights this weekend so just me and the boys in the daytime. Off to Safend aquarium Saturday with brother in law and nephew. Probably head to the park Sunday.
    Pioneer of the Northloop lunge
    Daily: Ford Kuga 2.0 tdci - Family wagon
    SteveM owes me £5.

Merc is looking properly good Gareth

Good luck Dave

I shall be driving through the streets of West Cork.
    I'm arresting you for murdering my car you dyke digging tosspot

The start of a week off for me.

Off to Twickenham for the rugby tomorrow. Then Tuesday night catch the ferry to Spa for track days on a Thursday and Friday.

Quiet one, followed by the fantastic madness that is the Mission Motorsport Anniversary at Goodwood on Tuesday. Heading down Monday to set up, along with a few other 'loopers.
    "Fortunately, I'd taken a spare Gearbox, Turbo, Actuator, Banjo Connector, Steering Rack, Driveshafts, ECU, Wideband sensor, 57-51mm silicone reducing elbow and a Copper Banjo Washer." - Nige

Regular
    G-is this the Merc the kids told on mrs g when she ripped the gearbox mount in a traffic light grand-prix ?

Iíve to turn up on the Ďoff chanceí to get a seat on bbcís R4ís ĎAny questionsí tonight. A different experience likely.
    I guess itíll be Brexit laden sadly. Been on the radio before but this might be fun.

My god. It moves......
    Simon no longer owes me anything, Dave does though.
    Floyd probably owes me at least twenty with the interest rolling up...

Regular
    Dave, the law states that if your eldest can fasten their own shoes (doesn't stipulate laces so can include velcro straps) they can be left in charge of up to 4 other children younger than them for up to 96 hours provided they have plenty of blue pop, sweets and crisps.
    I'd leave 'em a plate of jam butties, a 4 pack of RollaCola a piece and get out for the weekend with a few mates.
    Come back on Monday morning with a hired industrial vac and pressure washer and hey presto. Everyones happy and wife will never know.

The 50th birthday refreshed SLK looks mint.
    If a man speaks his mind in a forest and no woman hears him...is he still wrong ?

Regular
    Games tonight

Cutting ****ing great holes in the van tomorrow and Sunday to fit the windows.
    DTADroid - The Android app for DTA ECUs
    More info at www.dtadroid.com

25 bags of postcrete arrived yesterday for me to use to replace the useless Ďmetpostsí for my fence. Canít wait.
    F80 M3. Missing a man up button and an M140i for good measure

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
    Dave, the law states that if your eldest can fasten their own shoes (doesn't stipulate laces so can include velcro straps) they can be left in charge of up to 4 other children younger than them for up to 96 hours provided they have plenty of blue pop, sweets and crisps.
    I'd leave 'em a plate of jam butties, a 4 pack of RollaCola a piece and get out for the weekend with a few mates.
    Come back on Monday morning with a hired industrial vac and pressure washer and hey presto. Everyones happy and wife will never know.
    That would be amazing. Iím in!

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave G View Post
    That would be amazing. Iím in!
    If only you had a van...you could turn it in the Mystery Machine....kids would love it...

If a man speaks his mind in a forest and no woman hears him...is he still wrong ?

Also have a van related day tomorrow, but I have the honour of polishing the f*** out of a black VW T5.

Sunday is not set in stone yet but I might be heading toward Oxford to pick up a really ancient Ford on my truck.
    Jason - Oil burner
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOE4nbT5NGY 315bhp dyno run. Finally, 300+
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDUMEte1t50 13.4 second 1/4 @ The Pod

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewt View Post
    25 bags of postcrete arrived yesterday for me to use to replace the useless Ďmetpostsí for my fence. Canít wait.
    Dunno if you`ve ever used it, but if not you need to be aware it sets in minutes. Make sure everything is in place before adding water !

Quote Originally Posted by Nige View Post
    Dunno if you`ve ever used it, but if not you need to be aware it sets in minutes. Make sure everything is in place before adding water !
    Iíve not but I watched a few videos. Planning on sticking the posts in with some supports to make them level etc and then just adding the mix and water. Have 25 to do so planning on getting holes dug and a bunch of supports knocked up to screw to the posts and do 5 at a time. Wait 20 mins then the next 5.
    F80 M3. Missing a man up button and an M140i for good measure

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz711 View Post
    G-is this the Merc the kids told on mrs g when she ripped the gearbox mount in a traffic light grand-prix ?
    No mate, that was her CLK430. I surprised her with the SLK yesterday. She had been dropping hints about a Maserati GranTurismo for some time, but that weren't happening
    I'm not too proud to admit that she scared the crap out of me yesterday in that SLK. I forgot what she used to be like in it.
    Northloop.co.uk - at the forefront of political debate since Tuesday.

Spanner check the 3 mk2 Golfs for the Ring trip. Plus basic servicing, tyre swapping, possibly an oil cooler on mine, rejet (AGAIN!) Ronans bike carbed mk2, fit a fast Road cam to it, possibly upgrade my rear wheel bearings to 6n Polo style..

Hmm. Bit more maybe than just a spanner check...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
    If only you had a van...you could turn it in the Mystery Machine....kids would love it...

Be great if they came with it!

Mrs was off today so went for lunch and to look for a few wedding things.

Tomorrow weather depending I would like to carry on painting fences but if it rains I cant so will brave sorting some of mums things out.

Sunday - not much all day evening meal tasting at the wedding venue.
    Daily - E91 325d M-Sport Touring
    Project - Astra Mk3 with Saab B204 engine (sitting in the garage)
    Track - Suzuki Swift ZC32 Ex Rent 4 Ring

Nothing planned apart from a trip to the gym to do the exercise my physio has given me for my dodgy knees.
    -----------------------
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.
    - Robert Heinlein

Going to B+Q to get some fence panels and watching Dancing on Ice with the wife
    Sponsored by Floyd.

987.1 Boxster S
    F21 120d Msport

+ Reply to Thread