+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mission Motorsport Northloop day at 3 sisters (Wigan) .

Mission Motorsport Northloop day at 3 sisters (Wigan) .

As you may or may not know MM have a number of weekday dates kindly supplied by 3 sisters in Wigan. They have 11 dates remaining spread over the year.

It's currently being discussed what will be happening on which dates but the main thing is to use these dates to raise some much needed funds for MM and also if possible provide the chance for some further beneficiary interaction.

We have discussed a number of possible things we can do on these dates but looking at costs , we also think it might be possible to run a couple of fairly exclusive days that limited groups can take advantage of. These will be run by MM volunteers but will be very relaxed ( No 30 minutes listening to a Mexican bloke say "no racing") It'll be a trust thing that we've all done enough trackday's to know how things work.

Just testing the water initially but who would potentially be interested in a social day with around 15-20 cars? Track space is limited to 6 or 10 cars at a time depending on track lay out, but thoughts would perhaps be starting with casual sessions and maybe in the afternoon switching to a none official ( stop watch and pen and paper ) mini sprint or just open pit and monitoring the numbers. With 15 -20 cars, I don't think time on track would be an issue at all.

Based on numbers price would be circa £100 but all of this would be going to MM ( once a few small circuit costs are covered).

Dates are generally a Tuesday or Wednesday (no weekends I'm afraid) spread throughout the year. If we get some good interest we can arrange perhaps 1 or two of these .

If you have any other ideas or thoughts about how best to utilise these dates then all feedback is welcome.

If you are not familiar with 3 sisters it looks like a great little track, Obviously being located in the grim North, if required a Premier inn would probably cost 30 pence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHX59kKZe6I
    Last edited by Nige; 06-03-2019 at 12:24 PM.
    Ermmmmm

Until may / June I am available in the week so yeah I'd be up for it in my jap shit box with more ex partners than weeman himself.
    Daily - i30N Performance
    Project - Astra Mk3 with Saab B204 engine (sitting in the garage)
    Track - Suzuki Swift ZC32 Ex Rent 4 Ring

We're going to test the format for this next week. We're running it at very low numbers (single digit) so you won't be queuing

When MM went last week they pretty much handed them the keys to the circuit and left them to it. We're planning on having a walk on initially and looking at a few lines. Doing some funny stuff with the MM dual control Mk1 MX5 (pedals on one side, steering wheel on the other) and generally lapping.

If anyone is free next Wednesday it's an £85 contribution to MM. We'd love to see you there. Just get in quick as this is proper low numbers

Me and Weeman will do some video stuff to give you a feel for the place for the next dates, which we should be announcing in the next few weeks

Any questions just PM me or phone me on 07983 377446.
    Dunlop Direzzas. Officially better than aero.

What time are you there from-to?
    Back in clutter

Around 8 till five. You can come when you want though, Ian

Never replied to the original post. 3 sisters has never appealed to me. Looks slow and twisty.

Waiting to see what Stace has to report

Quote Originally Posted by Nige View Post
    Looks slow and twisty.
    I'm hopeful this will appeal to some without a gazzilion bhp.

Sometime this year we're hoping to run a day similar (possibly run by) 'Mazda on Track' where by we do lapping in the morning and an informal sprint in the afternoon. We need to do the feasibility maths on that one yet. These days are primarily to raise funds for the charity so it would be great to get a decent Northloop turnout (plus it would be hilarious)

I see that working

Thing is, when I did Curborough before turbo, that's a slow circuit and I just didn't particularly enjoy it. Whilst it was fun I had no desire to do it again

I'm reserving judgement till next week when I've driven it. If we can fill a day with just us lot then I can see it be proper fun

I am gutted i broke my car as I really wanted to join in :(
    Daily - i30N Performance
    Project - Astra Mk3 with Saab B204 engine (sitting in the garage)
    Track - Suzuki Swift ZC32 Ex Rent 4 Ring

Regular
    In a funny sort of way now I see who all isnít going this makes it more attractive. If you want guaranteed low numbers Iíll say Iím going...

In all seriousness this would work for me later in the year as a test. £85 for a days running ? Canít complain at that.

Of course any day suits me as long as itís not part of the enduro championship (Sundays). Good work guys.

Are you coming on Wednesday chap?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stace View Post
    Are you coming on Wednesday chap?
    Possibly could but my car(s) are still sans moteurs....
    What are the other dates ?
    (This would be good for R & some 1-2-1 as a introductory).

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz711 View Post
    Possibly could but my car(s) are still sans moteurs....
    What are the other dates ?
    (This would be good for R & some 1-2-1 as a introductory).
    It'll be a voyage of discovery for all of us. We'll be having a walk round first too. It's rare you can stand on a circuit and discuss lines/driving so I'm quite looking forward to it.

Regular
    I was looking at it last night & itís various combinations.
    Always tricky with lots of braking & accelerating.
    I like to drive new places & I always found cycling round helped. Ten folk-£800 for MM what is there not to like.

(If weíre going to this together Iíve a sensation of this being like the Christmas Truce though, we can continue our sniping the day afterwards )......

(If weíre going to this together Iíve a sensation of this being like the Christmas Truce though, we can continue our sniping the day afterwards )......
    First person to mention the B word gets sent home. Followed by the second person, and the third...
    "Fortunately, I'd taken a spare Gearbox, Turbo, Actuator, Banjo Connector, Steering Rack, Driveshafts, ECU, Wideband sensor, 57-51mm silicone reducing elbow and a Copper Banjo Washer." - Nige

I was looking at it last night & itís various combinations.
    Always tricky with lots of braking & accelerating.
    I like to drive new places & I always found cycling round helped. Ten folk-£800 for MM what is there not to like.

You're probably right

I'm sure we can sort it out over a brew

Keen to do one of these, a half trackday half sprint sounds brilliant!

Any other dates in the pipeline?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamR View Post
    Keen to do one of these, a half trackday half sprint sounds brilliant!

Any other dates in the pipeline?
    There was a bit further discussion re this with ideas of passengers required for the competitive element.
    Also shared driving etc.
    Iím not sure where we got to with if but Stace & I thought it would be a good day.

Did anything come of this? any update of future dates etc.?

If we can all survive the hilarity of a muscle car going round, and if I'm in the country then I'm up for it.

+ Reply to Thread