+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone effected by the BMW EGR Recalls?

BMW 3.0 Z4 Roadster. Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI T2. Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000.

Haha brilliant
    SILVIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHH S14!!!!!!

"Doesn't need changing sir, it's permanently lubricated "

Fords have a smilar thing on the old Lynx diesel, the old ones have always had 2 rubber belts but dry, then they went to a wet chain drive, now they're a wet belt to drive the fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Mac View Post
    No it isn't. Different generation of truck with lessons learned applied.

I don't know why you've brought Renault into it. Their version is also a badge-engineered Nissan.
    As Neil pointed out once before, it wasn’t design that was the problem, but rather the (Spanish?) assembly line not following instructions. Allegedly.

I do like a pick-up and the Merc iterative has the option of a proper Merc engine (for better or worse) and the interior looks pretty plush.

I keep meaning to get a test drive as I might be able to take it as a company car and palm it off on the wife.
    BMW E90 330i Sport / Kawasaki ZX6R.
    Custodian and seller of Northloop stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by simonsaunders View Post
    I keep meaning to get a test drive as I might be able to take it as a company car and palm it off on the wife.
    Make sure she can comfortably get in and out. If she twists her ankle in the middle of taking the little one somewhere, you're a dead man
    "Fortunately, I'd taken a spare Gearbox, Turbo, Actuator, Banjo Connector, Steering Rack, Driveshafts, ECU, Wideband sensor, 57-51mm silicone reducing elbow and a Copper Banjo Washer." - Nige

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Mac View Post
    Make sure she can comfortably get in and out. If she twists her ankle in the middle of taking the little one somewhere, you're a dead man
    Noted!
    BMW E90 330i Sport / Kawasaki ZX6R.
    Custodian and seller of Northloop stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by GVK View Post
    Fords have a smilar thing on the old Lynx diesel, the old ones have always had 2 rubber belts but dry, then they went to a wet chain drive, now they're a wet belt to drive the fuel pump.
    I remember paying Ford about £750 for a cambelt change on our old S-Max. Wankers

Not sure what years are affected but I would love my BMW to have the recall just for the fun of seeing someone at BMW wonder where my EGR was....
    Jason - Oil burner
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOE4nbT5NGY 315bhp dyno run. Finally, 300+
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDUMEte1t50 13.4 second 1/4 @ The Pod

Regular
    2013-2016, most N47s and some N57s.
    About.me - Twitter: @iOlly - Laps: 68

Quote Originally Posted by TDIfurby View Post
    Not sure what years are affected but I would love my BMW to have the recall just for the fun of seeing someone at BMW wonder where my EGR was....

They probably see plenty where people have removed them. I can see a point in the near future where they'll notify the relevant authorities and you'll be liable to prosecution too.

The MOT is certainly going that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Benz View Post
    New one on me today. 2012 Skoda Yeti, 2.0 tdi with no oil pressure. I dropped the sump expecting to find the oil pump pickup blocked with junk. Couldn't believe what I found lying in the sump...

What idiot decided a rubber belt was a suitable thing to stick in there to drive the oil pump? These engines used to have a chain in there. This is ridiculous. VW have no change interval for this item. It's a lifetime part sir...
    LOL German cars.

Quote Originally Posted by simonsaunders View Post
    As Neil pointed out once before, it wasn’t design that was the problem, but rather the (Spanish?) assembly line not following instructions. Allegedly.

I do like a pick-up and the Merc iterative has the option of a proper Merc engine (for better or worse) and the interior looks pretty plush.

Go on, do it.

Regular
    Enjoying this thread but now wondering if my plan to change my 1990s Volvo for a mid 2000s BMW is a good idea. I would be going for petrol, but even so...

Also, like Neil mentions above - I too like threads on non-track cars as I don't have a track car now but do always have a selection of stuff that needs fixing
    Too many cars...

Regular
    Stu, the answer is in Ste's thread :D. It's going to be the next NL sensible purchase car :D.

Regular
    It's back, eye-watering pseudo bill! Planning to keep it for a few more months and then off it. Not overly happy with it before the issues.

Not overly pleased with Ocean BMW. I couldn't get a straight answer out of them, they just lie the entire time.

We can't legally remove your car seat, sorry = we've removed it and put it in our workshop so now it's hanging and covered in workshop dirt
    We've got the parts in to do your egr cooler = we'd like to book it in for inspection and see if it needs replacing
    We need to order an egr valve and some other parts = the egr valve and cooler are one piece
    We've valeted your car and it looks like new = we've let the work exp guy at it with some wax and a sponge

I was at Sytner Maidenhead the other day and complained about the appalling parking situation - they admitted that they had 125 cars ‘on site’ due to the recall. They’ve had to rent a yard up the road to park them all up!
    I've done it 'cos Gary told me to.....

This does sound as if they are stuggling to get this sorted !

I did specifically ask if the X5 was going to be repaired when I took it in or just inspected. They assured me it was for a replacement....

Regular
    Just dropped my 2013 530d touring into the dealer re the recall. Loaner is a 530 hybrid for the duration so no complaints there.

First time using a hybrid

WEIRD!!!!!!
    Last edited by Faffmeister; 26-04-2019 at 08:37 AM. Reason: spelling
    Must not finish 8th. Must not finish 8th. Must not finish 8th

+ Reply to Thread