+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ford Racing Puma

Ford Racing Puma

I've got an FRP (number 420 of 500) that's surplus to requirements, there are a couple of Puma forums to advertise it on but they're as lifeless a hundred year old corpse...

It's in decent condition with less than 90K on the clock with very little history and MoT'd until September.
    I've owned it since July 2017, when it was given a thorough service and it's never really wanted for much since I've had it, it's had a fuel pump and a full set of tyres (Goodyear F1s) and a bespoke stainless exhaust, retaining the original tailpipe so it still looks original - it accentuates the overrun pops without sounding too chavvy.

The only fly in the ointment for some folk is that it has a full wrap, in a virtually identical colour to the original, the previous owner was a vinyls man so it was a mobile advert for his business hence it's been very well fitted.

It's just started to show very slight signs of surface rust around the osr arch beneath the wrap and the front splitter has a very small piece that broke off.
    Drivers seat has a small hole in the bolster but the rest of the car is clean and presentable.

It's a real hoot to drive with bags of character and plenty of oldskool 'feel', my only regret is having never tried it on track...

I don't have comprehensive photos yet but I'll post them when I do.

I'd rather deal with Northloopers in the first instance... Does anyone have a clue what to I should be asking for it - Curly Wurly's and Mini Cheddars will not be tolerated!
    Attached Images
    FRP & A2

[IMG]FRP-os_182 by Paz Chauhan, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited by Peakz; 04-02-2019 at 10:05 PM.
    FRP & A2

PM sent
    Keep calm and left foot brake

http://www.projectnordschleife.com

All PM's replied to
    FRP & A2

Always had a soft spot for these. Pretty rare these days I guess?
    Pioneer of the Northloop lunge
    Daily: Ford Kuga 2.0 tdci - Family wagon
    SteveM owes me 5.

I'd absolutely love a FRP. Bang from the time I was into Fords but something I could never afford.
    @ThrottleSteerer - Ex-Official Northloop Brat Custodian

Forever in debt to the famous NL Brat relay Team.
    Kent to Aberdeen (the scenic route) - December 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Pretty rare these days I guess?
    Definitely less than 500
    "Fortunately, I'd taken a spare Gearbox, Turbo, Actuator, Banjo Connector, Steering Rack, Driveshafts, ECU, Wideband sensor, 57-51mm silicone reducing elbow and a Copper Banjo Washer." - Nige

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Mac View Post
    Definitely less than 500
    *fewer

I owed you that one
    BMW E90 330i Sport / Kawasaki ZX6R.
    Custodian and seller of Northloop stickers.

They planned to make 1000 but they cost more than the first generation Impreza Turbo so they didn't sell very many.

Tickford made 500, of which, I beleive, only 280 remain...

Apparently the first 200 are the ones to avoid, allegedly poorly made causing rust to form, within months, on the rear wing's swage lines/C-pillar where they welded-in the new wide haunches.

Tickford pretty much threw away all the remnant parts (what a waste!), fitted their trick engine/exhaust, wide-track chassis setup and widened the bodywork (aluminium front wings) accordingly before fitting the Sparco seats and retrimming the interior in blue alcantara.
    FRP & A2

Quote Originally Posted by simonsaunders View Post
    *fewer

I owed you that one
    Busted!
    "Fortunately, I'd taken a spare Gearbox, Turbo, Actuator, Banjo Connector, Steering Rack, Driveshafts, ECU, Wideband sensor, 57-51mm silicone reducing elbow and a Copper Banjo Washer." - Nige

Little known fact that the engine mods were outsourced to the late Ahmed Bayjoo and Harvey Gibbs in Peterborough.

I dropped off an RS Turbo block to be bored sometime in the late 90s and saw a brand new 1.7 puma engine, asked Harvey what it was he just answered "A little job we are doing for Ford"

Used to be a page on Harvey's website about it but the site has long gone by the looks of it.
    Last edited by GVK; 06-02-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Daftest bit was that these were all 1.4s that were stripped. They were bought into Tickford as whole cars and broken down. So they ended up with a pile of 1.4 engines that were no longer brand new and had to source 500 1.7 engines to modify.

Didn't know that ste, madness eh!

Wow, lot's of weird stuff I knew nothing about - thanks for the info.
    FRP & A2

Holy thread resurrection!

Yup it's still for sale, having sold my Pork recently I just want this Dagenham special gone now that I have a car in-mind.

Open to serious offers, there was some genuine interest from here before so heres hoping...
    FRP & A2

Ah bud, you're killing me, shame this is still for sale. Given the level I've got the Clio to now it would have been great to have the gotten the FRP to the same level.

Hopefully you get this moved on soon, they are utterly brilliant cars to drive. You can be flat out and still keep your licence while having a monster smile on your face.
    Cheers
    Keep calm and left foot brake

http://www.projectnordschleife.com

FRP & A2

Any idea on a price? Could be tempted.....
    Back in clutter

Probably best to PM me once you've had a look at what's available online.

I'd be happy to discuss it with anyone who's genuinely interested.
    I'd keep it in storage but that never does a car any good nor justifies keeping it - I don't subscribe to the 'appreciating value' malarky - they're designed to be driven
    FRP & A2

Quote Originally Posted by Peakz View Post
    Probably best to PM me once you've had a look at what's available online.
    Is that forum slang for "I want an offensive sum of money"?

I've always had a soft spot for these, I've no idea what they're worth.

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    Is that forum slang for "I want an offensive sum of money"?

I've always had a soft spot for these, I've no idea what they're worth.
    Nah, no need for an obscene amount of money, just enough to keep my sanity intact
    FRP & A2

Finally listed it for sale in the correct forum

http://www.northloop.co.uk/forum/sho...ng-Puma-Nr-420
    FRP & A2

+ Reply to Thread