+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mon 20th May "DN21"

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Yup just passed it too - Ring Freaks 3series - I suspect they are now considering the impact of the 10k excess......
    Ouch
    BMW 3.0 Z4 Roadster. Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI T2. Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
    That's the luck of the draw. Rain on the second day, in the afternoon last time I was there. The morning was dogged with stoppages and twattages, like a lot of the first day. I'm just not comfortable with pushing hard in the rain, especially if it's just damp!
    You have 4WD, MTFU
    Ermmmmm

Not sure how but a PH buddy has already sent me a pic from this morning

Despite there being only one very brief track closure, there were a number of incidents

This is one of the weirdest - a driveshaft from a Megane, fortunately not on the racing line

Quote Originally Posted by UKKid35 View Post

It`s on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
    That's the luck of the draw. Rain on the second day, in the afternoon last time I was there. The morning was dogged with stoppages and twattages, like a lot of the first day. I'm just not comfortable with pushing hard in the rain, especially if it's just damp!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeman View Post
    You have 4WD, MTFU
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by UKKid35 View Post

It`s on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Destination...56345844086824

Quote Originally Posted by Nige View Post
    This.
    Nige agreeing with Weeman!!! We'll overturn Brexit next
    BMW 3.0 Z4 Roadster. Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI T2. Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000.

To be fair, Floyd, you do have 4WD and a rotary silencer, you just need slicks and aero and you'd have the full cheater's package.

Never done the 'ring in the wet, it's something I'd desperately love to do (cue Nige posting the Rockingham video).... to be honest, being in a position to do any track day at the moment would be a feature.
    Diamond Hell
    Holiday cottages: coastandcountry.eu
    Woodland camping with Forest Schools: campwight.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Hell View Post
    Never done the 'ring in the wet, it's something I'd desperately love to do (cue Nige posting the Rockingham video).... to be honest, being in a position to do any track day at the moment would be a feature.
    Not at all. You were out and driving, learning the levels of grip not sitting in the garage complaining it was raining.

The ring in the wet is just that. A wet circuit. Take your time, drive within your ability and experiment with `unusual`lines to find what works and what doesn`t.

I`d always prefer a dry day but I take the necessary tyres to ensure the rain doesn`t stop me lapping

The ring in the wet is just that. A wet circuit. Take your time, drive within your ability and experiment with `unusual`lines to find what works and what doesn`t.
    If I tried that I think the speed differential would make me a danger to other drivers

Everyone else is going slow too

I know you don't like the wet at all Paul, we've discussed this before . My view is, if you never drive in the wet, you'll never get used to it.

Regular
    Sort of on topic....I did a bike track day at Cadwell 15 years ago. It rained all morning. So bad for the first two hours that the track was closed. Half the guys went home. Opened the track at about 11 but it drizzled all day. By lunch 75% had gone home. The few that remained and rode had a great time and personally, I learnt way more on that wet day than several dry days put together. Stuff I still use in wet weather road riding now.
    If a man speaks his mind in a forest and no woman hears him...is he still wrong ?

I love a wet day, they remind me of happy times of driving slow paced cars with very little mechanical grip.
    Takes a lot of skill to look this bad you know...

Everyone else is going slow too

I know you don't like the wet at all Paul, we've discussed this before . My view is, if you never drive in the wet, you'll never get used to it.
    This is true. I had great fun at Blyton when it bucketed it down.

I won't actively do a wet one now, more for the misery of the actual drive there
    Ermmmmm

+ Reply to Thread