+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Caffeine and Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Kev_G View Post
    Is it worth the 3 hour or so trip?
    no.

You never know what cars will be there, or whether you'll actually be able to get on-site to park. There is no provision for overflow, and there will no doubt be some Summer weekends when 1000 cars will attempt to turn up. It's a great place, but it's only worth risking it if you're in the area anyway (or it's a weekday and you're passing close by, in which case crack on).
    "Fortunately, I'd taken a spare Gearbox, Turbo, Actuator, Banjo Connector, Steering Rack, Driveshafts, ECU, Wideband sensor, 57-51mm silicone reducing elbow and a Copper Banjo Washer." - Nige

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JByoU26vxOo

between 7 and 8 mins you may see a green rav 4

Quote Originally Posted by crossie View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JByoU26vxOo

between 7 and 8 mins you may see a green rav 4
    Thanks Ed! I was starting to wonder if my green car was invisible. I make a cameo appearance as the Aston is moving from it's parking space under the trees, squatting to take a photo. You can also see me slinking away when the red pickup turns up.
    "Fortunately, I'd taken a spare Gearbox, Turbo, Actuator, Banjo Connector, Steering Rack, Driveshafts, ECU, Wideband sensor, 57-51mm silicone reducing elbow and a Copper Banjo Washer." - Nige

It's about 10min from me - has a good mix of cars, plenty of #insta around but that's offset by the interesting metal.

Summer evenings down there should be a hoot, the bacon butty I had the other day was fairly average, so I'm hoping they do a mean BBQ come summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Mac View Post
    As I went to leave, I noticed that my immediate route out was blocked, so I thought I'd pop across the big grassy area in full view of everyone present. This was not a good idea. The 'grass' turned out to be constructed of liquid mud with a sprinkling of green stuff on top, and my 'all-terrain' tyres were outside their operating window within seconds. I was having to apply increasing quantities of opposite lock to maintain forward-ish movement and desperately trying to manage the wheelspin and not draw too much attention to my cack-handedness. Just when it seemed like I got away with it, I saw that the exit I thought I was heading to was blocked, so I would have to turn around and go back to where I started. This only made things worse, as the lower slopes which looked drier were actually just as sodden, and I very nearly got stuck. I didn't want to stop and engage the centre diff lock in case I couldn't get moving again, so I basically slithered and wheelspun all the way across the grass again before slinking out. Attempting to steer through the large gap between a Range Rover and a tree proved tricky, as the RAV4 had given up on all semblance of directional control. Still, I made it out in one piece. It was only when I was on the main road making my escape that it occurred to me that some of my rooster-tails of mud may have landed on some peoples pristine vehicles. oops.

You utter bell-end.

Good work.
    It's literally a Diamond shaped Hell at times
    Woodland camping with Forest Schools on the Isle of Wight: campwight.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Hell View Post
    You utter bell-end.

Good work.
    He was MY hero first. Hands off, Thomas.
    @ThrottleSteerer - Ex-Official Northloop Brat Custodian

Forever in debt to the famous NL Brat relay Team.
    Kent to Aberdeen (the scenic route) - December 2016

He can be everyone's hero, there's enough of his voice alone to go around.
    It's literally a Diamond shaped Hell at times
    Woodland camping with Forest Schools on the Isle of Wight: campwight.co.uk

OK girls, calm down. Valentine's Day is bad enough without a cat fight breaking out...

Having issues with parking I guess. This tweet hasn't gone down well.

Already a victim of its own success? Only going to get worse come summer and the nicer weather.

https://twitter.com/CaffandMac/statu...46389221457922
    Daily - Lean FR 1.4 (150) 5F
    Project - Astra Mk3 with Saab B204 engine (sitting in the garage)
    Track - Suzuki Swift ZC32 Ex Rent 4 Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Kev_G View Post
    Having issues with parking I guess. This tweet hasn't gone down well.

Already a victim of its own success? Only going to get worse come summer and the nicer weather.

https://twitter.com/CaffandMac/statu...46389221457922
    I popped down for a pint on Saturday afternoon, was busy but still had parking, staff were asking everyone to be respectful when leaving.

There's a house not too far up the road from it, which I suspect aren't too happy with people driving past at double the speed limit.

Seemingly if you've got a pops n bangs sick remap on your VW/BMW then it's the law to drive past C&M at mach 3.

Ironically the best thing for the longevity of C&M might be a speed camera on the road adjacent to it.

Their own larger is a nice sup too

I might drop in here tonight - anyone about? About 1830 to 1900.

Coffee was really very good.

Quiet, I expect on ‘event’ it’s really good.

Wish it was closer to home, the concept and execution thereof is excellent.

They've figured out a way to manage numbers, raise funds to extend the carpark and make a way for people who're travelling far to ensure they can get in on busy weekends (every weekend).

There is now a £5 entry fee, payable as you drive in (pedestrian entry isn't allowed). This guarantees a parking space (if any are available at the time), and you can also use the ticket to get your first coffee.
    If you pay £10 in advance, you can reserve a space (handy if you're travelling a long way and would rather not be disappointed).

This weekend, the theme is Emergency Services, but I won't be there, as I'll be at Bicester Heritage with a few other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Mac View Post
    They've figured out a way to manage numbers, raise funds to extend the carpark and make a way for people who're travelling far to ensure they can get in on busy weekends (every weekend).

There is now a £5 entry fee, payable as you drive in (pedestrian entry isn't allowed). This guarantees a parking space (if any are available at the time), and you can also use the ticket to get your first coffee.
    If you pay £10 in advance, you can reserve a space (handy if you're travelling a long way and would rather not be disappointed).

This weekend, the theme is Emergency Services, but I won't be there, as I'll be at Bicester Heritage with a few other people.

Just to clarify - the "fiver on the gate/tenner in advance with guaranteed space" only applies on weekends - it's still absolutely free in the week

They took a lot of grief for the decision, but I think it's the right way to go when the problems they're having are too many visitors/ not enough parking space/ needs money to extend parking space.

The way some of the replies are worded on Facebook etc. are some of the most hilarious entitled viewpoints, great phrases like "this just smacks of a money-making scheme"
    A business wanting to make money, who'd have thought it?

Lightbulb

What Dex wrote

+ Reply to Thread