+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: The last ever Northloop Rockingham trackday. Sat 17th November £150. Circuit Days

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post

Had some great laps with a black Caterham with black roll bar at the end of the day. Dead evenly matched over a lap, kept letting each other past one another as to not spoil the fun.
    Joe picked it up less than 24hrs before the day , used to pedal an R53 mini, been out at DN's previously too.
    Simon no longer owes me anything, Dave does though.
    Floyd probably owes me at least twenty with the interest rolling up...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Bernard View Post
    We had the Vbox in for the data, but no cameras connected.

There were points in the spin where my race suit touched my lower and upper colon...

As I changed from fourth to second and carried on I could hear the cheer from the pits.
    Track down the woman in this pic - maybe she's got the footage

Quote Originally Posted by leavingeasy View Post
    Thank you for the reminder Simon!

As fark up goes, Iím glad it happened at Rocky as it could have been much worse somewhere else.

Suffice to say Iím getting old and even more stupid: saw the marshal waving a black flag, wasnít sure if it was for me, watched in my mirror to see if he was waving it at the car behind me and drove full pelt straight off the track.

Embarrassing is too small a word.

And no. The flag wasnít for me.
    Pioneer of the Northloop lunge
    Daily: Ford Kuga 2.0 tdci - Family wagon
    SteveM owes me £5.

Regular
    Oakie, you legend
    SteveM owes me £5
    I owe Dan £5
    Steve. Pay the man!

Highlight of the day was watching Floyd pass me just before then 'outbrake' himself into the grass coming off the banking to the infield....causing a red flag !
    Ian, you were supposed to lift off a tad when someone catches you, to let them past I think you may have had some trouble remembering that from the briefing from what some of the other posts here are saying I shall get the video up for the jury to decide... In any case, the red flag was for the flaming Golf, not me Poor chap I did the lap of shame, which was the last time I could do that part of the track!

I had a great time, especially when it was slippy as my car coped really well - who'd of thought it I barely needed to steer or anything. I didn't bring a spare set of tyres just because the weather forecast said it would be dry, which was the correct choice.

Great to see so many NLers
    BMW 123D M Sport. Blacked out windows, leaning baaack...

I had a word with Chris as some folks just not getting out of the way was quite upsetting. I would say that the mx5 needs more powers but it doesnít, just makes you try different lines to get better exit speed than the previous laps to get past the slow coaches.

Enjoyed the laps with Ian in the new Elise. Nice little thing that is.
    F80 M3. Missing a man up button and an M140i for good measure

I didn't get miffed enough to speak to the CD team, but I noticed some RX8's and the other Mazda 3 were reluctant to react.
    BMW 123D M Sport. Blacked out windows, leaning baaack...

Quote Originally Posted by edh View Post
    That first hairpin was slippery wasn't it?

Entertaining following Jim around early on watching him trying wrestle that 911...

I really enjoyed the day, kept it the right way round & stayed out of trouble...mainly

My nomination for "moment of the day" - there's only one really..

What's wrong with this picture?

That's f'in ace

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    I wasn't going to mention anything about the Mondeo, but as you have, he just needs some more looks in the mirror, no biggy

I just took a few brave pills with the RX8's and Mazda3.

Had some great laps with a black Caterham with black roll bar at the end of the day. Dead evenly matched over a lap, kept letting each other past one another as to not spoil the fun.
    I was watching from the far side of the banking (near drifting) enjoyed seeing you both hurtle into the chicane lap after lap

Apologies if any of these aren't Northloopers. I was guessing from who I saw parked up for the photo.

Just a few little clips of guys I saw out on circuit. Really enjoyed the last little session.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
    Ian, you were supposed to lift off a tad when someone catches you, to let them past
    I did -I saw you coming from a while back, you went in front of me, stayed to the left-outbraked yourself & went off. All of this was a bit of a surprise to me. I mean why ?
    Also at the briefing it mentions giving consent, which I didn't. I knew you had brake problems earlier in the day & I was conscious that you might pile into the back of me.
    I mean you're in a 4wd Subaru why are you trying to be a hero outbraking me into a hairpin from miles back when I've not given you consent ?
    You'll easily pass me getting the run out of the next corner.

I could see you were out of control & compromised my own turn in point as I tried to stay out of your way (you were in front of me) by staying high to give me the option of going round the banking whilst at the same time trying to process all the information of who was coming behind me at speed (can't remember now) etc & watch you out of control.
    I mean I've fast road pads & you have Brembos....

I don't think there's any need to post the video other than to be a twat....

I was there on Saturday to give the Mondeos engine a damn good roasting & I was watching its pace in general with respect to others. Slowing it and turning it was not it strong points & there were a lot of quicker cars that had the intelligence to take advantage of this at the hairpins.

However I was generally on the cars limit & possibly because I'm coming at this from a different direction there were also a few people who did try to make moves that I felt weren't on & had the door closed on them or not even opened !

My recollection of the briefing was to pass on the straights, with consent & generally be aware of your surroundings.
    You may have been behind me for a few corners where you feel you could have went quicker but I'm sorry but I paid my money also.
    Last edited by Fitz711; Today at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoof View Post
    I was watching from the far side of the banking (near drifting) enjoyed seeing you both hurtle into the chicane lap after lap
    Brill. Just got back from work so will start editing some footage together.
    E46 M3

Regular
    A bit of shopping trolley love. Enjoy!

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by edh View Post

My nomination for "moment of the day" - there's only one really..

What's wrong with this picture?

Always liked the idea of a Boxster track car. This looks lovely!

Properly scary looking spin though

Oh, go on then

Same session as Gurds , from my car.

Daily - E91 325d M-Sport Touring
    Project - Astra Mk3 with Saab B204 engine (sitting in the garage)
    Track - Suzuki Swift ZC32 Ex Rent 4 Ring

+ Reply to Thread