+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Knock knock - who are you?

The Endless on my old M135i were £320 from r53engineering. They’re still going strong on the car now at 6 years old and a lot of track days (mate owns it).

Give them a bell.
    Takes a lot of skill to look this bad you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Kev_G View Post
    I bloody hope so I've not had any for a loooooong time

I hope its the experience I am after too. Bit annoyed the pads are pretty shot and I am never buying the endless pads they come with (£600+ for a set of front pads) so need to figure out what to replace them with now shame as they are so good but I think if I got some CL's or something they would just be as good.
    Work upwards from EBC Yellows. I’ve always bedded them in on track (make them wilt completely, then let them cool right down), but after that they’ve been great for the dosh. Ignore the Internet bullshit - try them, they are only £80 or something, they’ll definitely stop you and thereafter the only question is do you want to pay 2x or 3x for marginally better performance? On something as light and moderately paced as this, you’ll probably not look back.

Have them on the Cupra and the Saxo before that.

Hopefully it`s sorted now and you can drive and enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by pilgrim View Post
    An engine noise is not a concern to me unless there is a loss of performance.

If it starts/runs /doesnt overheat/performs, its doing what it needs to.
    Totally and that's what was strange no loss in performance just wanted more

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Roberts View Post
    The Endless on my old M135i were £320 from r53engineering. They’re still going strong on the car now at 6 years old and a lot of track days (mate owns it).

Give them a bell.
    Sent them a email & will call at lunch, I vaguely remember they quoted £550 + VAT + Delivery I think

Quote Originally Posted by simonsaunders View Post
    Work upwards from EBC Yellows. I’ve always bedded them in on track (make them wilt completely, then let them cool right down), but after that they’ve been great for the dosh. Ignore the Internet bullshit - try them, they are only £80 or something, they’ll definitely stop you and thereafter the only question is do you want to pay 2x or 3x for marginally better performance? On something as light and moderately paced as this, you’ll probably not look back.

Have them on the Cupra and the Saxo before that.
    I have never got on with yellows but am open to suggestions. I think I've been spoilt going from everyone's favourite ds2500 to endless endurance pads

Quote Originally Posted by Nige View Post
    Hopefully it`s sorted now and you can drive and enjoy it
    Hopefully did about 100 miles last night into North Wales and back car felt great
    Daily - E91 325d M-Sport Touring
    Project - Astra Mk3 with Saab B204 engine (sitting in the garage)
    Track - Suzuki Swift ZC32 Ex Rent 4 Ring

Quote Originally Posted by simonsaunders View Post

Amen brother.

Regular
    Excellent news, Kev - really pleased to hear the car is up and running again. I’d agree with DH, coolant blockage / restriction in that heat exchanger pipe could have led to high temp odd behaviour. Enjoy!
    Too many cars...

Carbotech for pads Kev, Cheapish but properly good compounds. XP8's would probably be ideal on this
    RS250 Cup.

Well after a long week and 2000 miles with many laps done inc the GP track the car is home.

cv joint went before I lapped so many 100's of euros later it was replaced.

Rent 4 Ring did a social media post on this -

https://www.facebook.com/rent4ring/p...56762443977450

Got a worn set of endless pads off them which will keep me going brake wise but otherwise car was great. Still got some noise but nothing else has changed so I'll carry on!
    Daily - E91 325d M-Sport Touring
    Project - Astra Mk3 with Saab B204 engine (sitting in the garage)
    Track - Suzuki Swift ZC32 Ex Rent 4 Ring

+ Reply to Thread