+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 50 of 50

Thread: Nurburgring 24hour next month.

  1. #1

    Nurburgring 24hour next month.

    This will be my 1st time at the 24 hour, whats the situation with buying tickets etc or can we just pay on the gate like some of the 6 hour races iv`e been too before,
    Also does anyone still run the viewing area minibus thing?
    Cheers Simon.
    Track attack
    7min27 BTG Supra lap, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dGEwjifOGU
    Supra 600 bhp vs Radicalsr3, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGqOG0V7-Yk

  2. #2
    Nobody going then
    Track attack
    7min27 BTG Supra lap, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dGEwjifOGU
    Supra 600 bhp vs Radicalsr3, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGqOG0V7-Yk

  3. #3
    Regular Biscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    767
    Hi Simon,
    Go to the main Nurburgring complex and pay for the whole weekend pass there.
    You will get a wristband. Wear it all weekend and get in everywhere all around the circuit.
    I am going again this year. Getting there Thursday evening and leaving on the Tuesday.
    Will be very drunk again.
    We are staying at Michaela's as always.
    With regards to being shuttled about in a minibus, Michaela runs us around a couple of times or picks us up from the track at the end of the race. This is the only minibus I know of but other guest houses may offer similar services.
    Last year we stayed out for the whole 24hrs. (Hardcore). Will be aiming to do the same again this year.

  4. #4
    You can also get your ticket down in Adenau as well. If you walk up the steps to the viewing area there is a kiosk at the top.

  5. #5
    Thanks for the info guys.
    Track attack
    7min27 BTG Supra lap, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dGEwjifOGU
    Supra 600 bhp vs Radicalsr3, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGqOG0V7-Yk

  6. #6
    Regular miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,109
    Im there from Thursday night to Sunday afternoon. Aiming for the campsite at Wheirseifen I think.

    Intend to partake in a few beers
    Track: 1992 Mitsubishi Evolution 1 RS 1002kilos @ 300Bhp
    Classic: 1985 BMW E28 M535i
    Daily: Skoda Octavia Combi vRS

  7. #7
    Regular doogalman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Doogzburg
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Hi Simon,
    Go to the main Nurburgring complex and pay for the whole weekend pass there.
    You will get a wristband. Wear it all weekend and get in everywhere all around the circuit.
    I am going again this year. Getting there Thursday evening and leaving on the Tuesday.
    Will be very drunk again.
    We are staying at Michaela's as always.
    With regards to being shuttled about in a minibus, Michaela runs us around a couple of times or picks us up from the track at the end of the race. This is the only minibus I know of but other guest houses may offer similar services.
    Last year we stayed out for the whole 24hrs. (Hardcore). Will be aiming to do the same again this year.
    I was informed the other day that Michaela has moved on and is no longer connected to the Foxhole. New owners at foxhole aswell.

  8. #8
    Regular Biscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    767
    I had heard similar too but I also heard she is still doing bits and bobs around there.
    I may well be wrong though.
    I'll find out next month for sure when I stay there.

  9. #9
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    12,803
    Have those that are camping managed to get setup?

    I'll be watching the live streams all weekend wishing I was out there!
    Starlet GT - Build Thread
    E39 530i Touring
    Clio 197

  10. #10
    Regular crossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    York
    Posts
    3,570
    Quote Originally Posted by doogalman View Post
    I was informed the other day that Michaela has moved on and is no longer connected to the Foxhole. New owners at foxhole aswell.
    shame to hear this!

  11. #11
    Regular Kev_G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chester - Uk
    Posts
    15,877
    Quote Originally Posted by doogalman View Post
    I was informed the other day that Michaela has moved on and is no longer connected to the Foxhole. New owners at foxhole aswell.
    Been for sale for a while to.

    I'll be watching live when I can but at a sprint day Saturday so not sure on signal
    Daily - E91 325d M-Sport Touring
    Project - Astra Mk3 with Saab B204 engine (sitting in the garage)
    Track - Suzuki Swift ZC32 Ex Rent 4 Ring

  12. #12
    Regular Garv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,000
    I'll also be watching live and listening to commentary when I can.

    Really wish I was going this year

  13. #13
    Regular texas2201's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Boos, Eifel
    Posts
    5,577
    I'm here as usual :-) got smashed at the Adenau Racecar event - still recovering :-( might bump into some of you guys over the weekend - but with over 200,000 people here it would be a miracle :-)
    "brakes are no good they just slow you down" Fangio. - 330 KW CS V2 fitted ST220 DE registered TUVed, Elan did Bilster Berg great track

  14. #14
    What are the best live links to watch this on?
    "I'm told there are 172 corners. I didn't stop to count them" - Mike Hawthorn

  15. #15
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    12,803

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxOzJPBhlVY

    That's the official stream including Radio Le Mans commentary.

    Here's a full list of streams including heaps of onboards: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...9rT9SIb94pHNef

    Live timing: https://livetiming.azurewebsites.net/events/20/results
    Starlet GT - Build Thread
    E39 530i Touring
    Clio 197

  16. #16
    Thanks Tim
    "I'm told there are 172 corners. I didn't stop to count them" - Mike Hawthorn

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by autohabit View Post
    Thanks Tim
    + 1
    Thanks for that link Tim, it looks like a combined coverage & commentary winner.

    Here's hoping that the Kissling Manta will be competing in the N24 again this year,
    that's my favourite car to follow.

  18. #18
    Regular Peach-uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Easneye
    Posts
    7,463
    Quote Originally Posted by doogalman View Post
    I was informed the other day that Michaela has moved on and is no longer connected to the Foxhole. New owners at foxhole aswell.
    Oh! That's news. Any idea what she's doing now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    + 1
    Thanks for that link Tim, it looks like a combined coverage & commentary winner.

    Here's hoping that the Kissling Manta will be competing in the N24 again this year,
    that's my favourite car to follow.
    Who doesn't love the Manta?! :)


    MAN I wish I was there - I LOVE the N24. I have just about sobered up from my last trip. Ergo next year I shall return! :)

  19. #19
    Regular Peach-uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Easneye
    Posts
    7,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxOzJPBhlVY

    That's the official stream including Radio Le Mans commentary.

    Here's a full list of streams including heaps of onboards: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...9rT9SIb94pHNef

    Live timing: https://livetiming.azurewebsites.net/events/20/results

    Just rewound the stream to watch the top 30 shoot out - some SERIOUS pace. 8m 9s ffs!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Peach-uk View Post
    Oh! That's news. Any idea what she's doing now?
    I'm reliably informed that she is now working with RentRacecar.de.

  21. #21
    Always love watching this, streaming, pottering about etc. Really must go at some point.

    Interested to see if the 919 has a go today, would be a nice surprise, but doubt it.

  22. #22
    Regular Joel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    the second richest village in England
    Posts
    11,374
    Quote Originally Posted by gavsouter View Post
    Interested to see if the 919 has a go today, would be a nice surprise, but doubt it.
    I read that the 919 would lap today alongside a 956. Unfortunately it also said that they would be behind a safety car on the race formation lap, so they won't be going quickly.
    If the whole world was filled with just animals and David Attenborough, it would be a beautiful place. Unfortunately, it's been overrun by 7.6-billion assholes.

  23. #23
    Regular pye21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the garage
    Posts
    18,156
    What time does the race start?
    Back in clutter

  24. #24
    Regular pye21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the garage
    Posts
    18,156
    Found it, starts at 3:30pm local time.
    Back in clutter

  25. #25
    Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Guisborough
    Posts
    145
    1st car lapped before Wehrseifen on its first lap (e46 BMW?) . The back markers must spend more time looking in their mirrors more than through the windscreen!

  26. #26
    Regular -Jamie-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tyndrum, Scotland
    Posts
    2,069
    Kissling Manta out already?


    Good start to the race, Lets hope the weather remains the same all the way up til the end of the 24hrs
    RS250 Cup.

  27. #27
    Regular Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    13,846
    Watching the stream will be what Iíll be doing once the kids are in bed
    Pioneer of the Northloop lunge
    Daily: Ford Kuga 2.0 tdci - Family wagon
    SteveM owes me £5.

  28. #28
    Regular Peach-uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Easneye
    Posts
    7,463
    Stream is great this year second year with the rlm coverage overlayed. Makes it so much better (notwithstanding the year teflon and crew commentated.....).

    Just wish it ran all night

  29. #29
    Vanthoor off, that was a big one! 170mph!!

    https://twitter.com/24hNurburgring/s...83917367742465
    "I'm told there are 172 corners. I didn't stop to count them" - Mike Hawthorn

  30. #30
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    12,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Peach-uk View Post
    Just wish it ran all night
    It does?

    You lose circuit cameras due to lack of light, but plenty of onboard and action around the GP track.
    Starlet GT - Build Thread
    E39 530i Touring
    Clio 197

  31. #31
    Regular Screacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toonside
    Posts
    11,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    It does?

    You lose circuit cameras due to lack of light, but plenty of onboard and action around the GP track.
    Probably meant he wishes the booze could last all night.
    E30 325 shared ownership track car
    TT Roadster

    "A bottle of wine contains more philosophy than all the books in the world."

  32. #32
    Regular Peach-uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Easneye
    Posts
    7,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    It does?

    You lose circuit cameras due to lack of light, but plenty of onboard and action around the GP track.
    I'm sure it used to stop with just a camera fixed pointing at the end of the pitlane.

    Seems more now which is ace :)


    In fact here is a whole page of in car cams http://ilge.org/24h/
    Last edited by Peach-uk; 12-05-2018 at 09:32 PM.

  33. #33
    Regular -Jamie-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tyndrum, Scotland
    Posts
    2,069
    Sad to see the #911 Manthey Porsche bin it.


    Dale's GT86 seems to be running well, 2nd in Class and 80th overall, 4 and a half minutes behind the class leader
    RS250 Cup.

  34. #34
    Regular tallchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maidenhead
    Posts
    2,322
    Red flags, red flags!
    Race stopped.
    I've done it 'cos Gary told me to.....

  35. #35
    Is Sabine not competing with Frikadelli this year??
    Haven't seen her feature (though perhaps I missed it).

    Hopefully the race will resume sometime soon, though the weather still looks crap there...

  36. #36
    starting again soon.....

  37. #37
    Regular Peach-uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Easneye
    Posts
    7,463
    Yet again the n24 doesn't disappoint. Great last 1.5 hrs once it got going again.

    Great to see Manthay 912 make it after the 911 car went out.

  38. #38
    Regular Ian H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    14,729
    Really enjoyed the racing.

    Much better than the boring F1 that followed!
    Weekend/Track Car - Lotus Elise S1
    Daily drive - Mini Cooper SD

  39. #39
    "I'm told there are 172 corners. I didn't stop to count them" - Mike Hawthorn

  40. #40
    Regular texas2201's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Boos, Eifel
    Posts
    5,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Is Sabine not competing with Frikadelli this year??
    Haven't seen her feature (though perhaps I missed it).

    Hopefully the race will resume sometime soon, though the weather still looks crap there...
    Local rumour is she is very ill with cancer :-(
    "brakes are no good they just slow you down" Fangio. - 330 KW CS V2 fitted ST220 DE registered TUVed, Elan did Bilster Berg great track

  41. #41
    Regular miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,109
    Oh my poor head.

    What a weekend, its simply a brilliant spectacle overall. We camped in the Breidsheid campsite, we got friendly with some a group of Germans who were so friendly we ended up camping in their pitch. From a full on disco marquee, Bitburger Fridge trailer, heated pool, toilets it was so brilliant. Check out ''the Ringler 2.0'' on facebook

    Have to say the Shuttle bus system was a joke!
    Track: 1992 Mitsubishi Evolution 1 RS 1002kilos @ 300Bhp
    Classic: 1985 BMW E28 M535i
    Daily: Skoda Octavia Combi vRS

  42. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by texas2201 View Post
    Local rumour is she is very ill with cancer :-(
    That's very sad news.
    So that's why she wasn't racing the N24, hope she'll be ok.

  43. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    What a weekend, its simply a brilliant spectacle overall. We camped in the Breidsheid campsite, we got friendly with some a group of Germans who were so friendly we ended up camping in their pitch. From a full on disco marquee, Bitburger Fridge trailer, heated pool, toilets it was so brilliant. Check out ''the Ringler 2.0'' on facebook
    Good stuff Mike, sounds like you had a blast there.

  44. #44
    Regular Kev_G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chester - Uk
    Posts
    15,877
    Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    Oh my poor head.

    What a weekend, its simply a brilliant spectacle overall. We camped in the Breidsheid campsite, we got friendly with some a group of Germans who were so friendly we ended up camping in their pitch. From a full on disco marquee, Bitburger Fridge trailer, heated pool, toilets it was so brilliant. Check out ''the Ringler 2.0'' on facebook

    Have to say the Shuttle bus system was a joke!
    I follow them they are great
    Daily - E91 325d M-Sport Touring
    Project - Astra Mk3 with Saab B204 engine (sitting in the garage)
    Track - Suzuki Swift ZC32 Ex Rent 4 Ring

  45. #45
    Regular miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_G View Post
    I follow them they are great
    the lads were top class!

    Heated pool sitting at 35deg!


    The urinal really tickled me, beer holder, proximity light and a view of the track while pissing!


    oh and a screen with race tv projected onto it..
    Track: 1992 Mitsubishi Evolution 1 RS 1002kilos @ 300Bhp
    Classic: 1985 BMW E28 M535i
    Daily: Skoda Octavia Combi vRS

  46. #46
    Regular Biscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    767
    Great weekend. Only got back last night.
    50 miles walked over the duration.
    A lot of beer drunk.
    Stayed at Guesthouse Fuchshore but won't be staying again.
    Chinese lad running it now who is clueless.
    No Michaela running us round in the shuttle bus meant a lot of walking up and down the road to the circuit and back.
    Had a good catch up with Michaela and she is a lot happier now she has gone.

  47. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Stayed at Guesthouse Fuchshore bu won't be staying again.
    Chinese lad running it now who is clueless.
    No Michaela running us round in the shuttle bus meant a lot of walking up and down the road to the circuit and back.
    Had a good catch up with Michaela and she is a lot happier now she has gone.
    Glad to hear that Michaela is much happier now.

    I have a bunch of us booked into the G.F. for D.N.#20 in September.
    Given the now absence of Michaela, and from what you said above Biscuit,
    I think I'll look for an alternative..
    Last edited by Rory; 16-05-2018 at 05:22 PM.

  48. #48
    Regular Biscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Glad to hear that Michaela is much happier now.

    I have a bunch of us booked into the G.F. for D.N.#20 in September.
    Given the now absence of Michaela, and from what you said above Biscuit,
    I think I'll look for an alternative..
    I don't want to take the guys business away from him and he may be more clued up on business by then but then again I wouldn't chance it.
    I hope he does make it work as there is a lot of history and memories in that place.

  49. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by texas2201 View Post
    Local rumour is she is very ill with cancer :-(
    Anyone with cancer is 'very ill'.

    She has cancer, is being treated and is doing well, just not well enough to have taken part. We had a few beers with her during the Adenau Racing Day and she is of good spirits and getting on with it.
    Here lies the body of Mary Lee, died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity, not a bad record for this vicinity.

  50. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    I hope he does make it work as there is a lot of history and memories in that place.
    Agreed. I've stayed there many times and have a fondness for the place, but Michaela was the main draw for me. She is a wonderful hostess, and made it what it is. Almost like a 2nd Mutter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    She has cancer, is being treated and is doing well, just not well enough to have taken part. We had a few beers with her during the Adenau Racing Day and she is of good spirits and getting on with it.
    Thanks for that info Karl.
    Glad to hear that she is doing well and of good spirits.. Hope she'll make a full and speedy recovery.
    Met her a few times out there, she's good people.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts