+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: autohabit's Nürburgring trip June 2004

Quote Originally Posted by ott View Post
    Thank you for great flashback report ! Those cars, although relatively slow, were so good to drive and do look terrific. Mine had carbon airbox and it sounded like proper racing car at full speed on Döttinger Höhe. Did about 400 laps on NS and it took me back home every time.

Everyone who had/have one are lucky to be able to check that box. Not sure I would buy with todays prices though, however good they are.

As it was said there cant be too many E30 photos, here are 2 of mine:

@ German E30M3 meet in 2010

It was UK registered when I got it. GI73FBL and dark blue - maybe someone from here ? Sold it to Asturia, Spain.
    Did not realise this was John/Grants old car :-)
    "brakes are no good they just slow you down" Fangio. - 330 KW CS V2 fitted ST220 DE registered TUVed, Elan did Bilster Berg great track

Quote Originally Posted by autohabit View Post
    Down at the industrial estate the 'S14 Treffen' was well and truly underway. Back then, the industrial estate was fairly undeveloped, compared to the one we know nowadays, hence the guys were granted permission to hold the meet, I doubt you would be allowed to hold such an event in 2018

A rare Alpina B6 3.5S - E30 M3 purists believe that only the S14 4 cylinder engine should grace the engine bay, but these were rather a nice piece of kit

Knew a UK couple with one of these
    "brakes are no good they just slow you down" Fangio. - 330 KW CS V2 fitted ST220 DE registered TUVed, Elan did Bilster Berg great track

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    With Bad Dragon (Robert) loitering. Now there's a blast from the past!
    Have not seen. Bad dragon for years....... :-( the last time he was very ill

Martin, which Dave?

I'm certain Kevin wasn't there that weekend.
    Looked back through pics and Dave is there so I assume the Whit car was his and this was the year before the colour blobs

Quote Originally Posted by texas2201 View Post
    Looked back through pics and Dave is there so I assume the Whit car was his and this was the year before the colour blobs
    Different car Martin, Dave's colour blob car is a caged up track car, the white car in the report was a road car, I understand the white road car was sold to a guy in Hong Kong, but Dave still has his track car.
    "I'm told there are 172 corners. I didn't stop to count them" - Mike Hawthorn

Good memories of good times - thanks for writing it up
    Chris
    The older you get, the faster you used to be.....

Different car Martin, Dave's colour blob car is a caged up track car, the white car in the report was a road car, I understand the white road car was sold to a guy in Hong Kong, but Dave still has his track car.
    Ah OK been in touch with Dave over the past year - he was considering buying a place here :-)

Ah OK been in touch with Dave over the past year - he was considering buying a place here :-)
    Say Hi to Dave if you contact him again Martin, send him a link to this thread as well :-)

Say Hi to Dave if you contact him again Martin, send him a link to this thread as well :-)
    Will do Alan

Will do Alan
    I have been talking with Dave Walker not Dave Gamble who had the stripy/blob car

I have been talking with Dave Walker not Dave Gamble who had the stripy/blob car
    I've never actually met Dave Walker, but he did give me car once!

I've never actually met Dave Walker, but he did give me car once!
    you have to expand on that Alan :-)

Dave still has his - albeit in pieces

+ Reply to Thread