+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another Nurburgring Replica

Another Nurburgring Replica

A few years ago there were reports about a Nurburgring replica in Las Vegas. It now seems Toyota have plans to build one in Japan:

https://www.motor1.com/news/234062/t...a-nurburgring/
    "I'm told there are 172 corners. I didn't stop to count them" - Mike Hawthorn

Northern end of the North Yorkshire Coast
    A whole 3.3 miles and no mention of touristfahrten, it's not even a homage let alone a replica.

Would a good time be sub 2 minutes?

Interesting find none the less.
    Bikes are Best on the 'Ring. I no longer own one

VW T4 2.5 TDI/Mazda J2-Ltd/Ferguson TEF20/Disco 2 TD5
    1x 4m RIB with 50hp 2stroke outboard, 3x SOT fishing Kayaks, 4 x surf boards

The Vegas track is complete bullshit. It is built and operating, but the only way in which it could be compared to the N'Ring is in overall track length. Otherwise it's completely flat and boring. It's called Spring Mountain Motor Resort, and they used it in the last series of Top Gear for road trip with the Lambo and 911 convertibles.

Honda also have a Nurburgring-style test track in Japan:

If the whole world was filled with just animals and David Attenborough, it would be a beautiful place. Unfortunately, it's been overrun by 7.6-billion assholes.

Honda's track is more of a highlights reel than a replica. It's also on the island of Hokkaido, so it's probably currently under a metre of snow:

https://www.google.fr/maps/@43.90041...!3m1!1e3?hl=en
    "Fortunately, I'd taken a spare Gearbox, Turbo, Actuator, Banjo Connector, Steering Rack, Driveshafts, ECU, Wideband sensor, 57-51mm silicone reducing elbow and a Copper Banjo Washer." - Nige

+ Reply to Thread