+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WRC 2018 Photos and discussion

WRC 2018 Photos and discussion

The 2018 World Rally Championship will be run over 13 rounds again in 2018. The Rally of Poland has been removed from the line up, due to spectator safety concerns raised by the governing body, it has been replaced by the Rally of Turkey, which will be based in the coastal resort town of Marmaris, with the proposed route running along the Mediterranean coastline.

Additionally, Rally GB and Catalunya have swapped places on the schedule.

2018 FIA World Rally Championship Calendar

1. Rally Monte Carlo – January 28
    2. Rally Sweden – February 18
    3. Rally Mexico – March 11
    4. Tour de Corse – April 8
    5. Rally Argentina – April 29
    6. Rally de Portugal – May 20
    7. Rally Italia – June 10
    8. Rally Finland – July 29
    9. Rally Germany – August 19
    10. Rally Turkey – September 16
    11. Rally Great Britain – October 7
    12. Rally Spain (Catalunya) – October 28
    13. Rally Australia – November 18

"I'm told there are 172 corners. I didn't stop to count them" - Mike Hawthorn

Sebastien Loeb will return to the WRC in 2018

He will drive for Citroen on three rounds of the championship - Mexico, Corsica and Spain.

The question is, will he still be competitive? As Marcus Grönholm recently commented, Sebastien likes to win, but it may not be so easy now,

Loeb will be 44 when he takes the start ramp in Mexico.

The 9 times WRC Champion, will face the current (and 5 times) WRC Champion, Sebastien Ogier.

17-year-old Kalle Rovanperä has signed to drive for Skoda in the WRC2 class for 2018. He won the category on the recent Rally Australia, not bad, considering he only passed his driving test a few weeks ago!

The kid on the right looks like he stabbed a rally driver, stole his outfit and is shortly about to nick a few million quid's worth of motors
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Benz
    Nige would be turning in his shed
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeman
    I know **** all about slicks, apart from that they are cheating like turbos.

No sooner than the silverware is collected, it's time to start again

A bit of pre season testing. Not long now.

Regular
    WHAT is Hamilton wearing
    If a man speaks his mind in a forest and no woman hears him...is he still wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
    WHAT is Hamilton wearing
    Perhaps we should ask his nephew for a comment!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
    WHAT is Hamilton wearing
    Liberace's jacket and Cher's leather pants!
    996 C2 3.4

Red Bull have increased to two cars for 2018

Ogier & Ingrassia

Evans & Barritt

Neuville was out for a pre Monte test with Hyundai last week, is 2018 going to be his year?

Not a good start...

.... in his frustration, Neuville has switched cars and will use a Corsa!!

OK, maybe not strictly true, but he will participate in the Legend Boucles ā Bastogne (Boucles de Spa) the first week of February with this Opel Corsa A

Throwback Thursday. 15 years ago, Citroen signed the super team of McRae & Sainz, with a young upstart called Loeb thrown in to support and learn. However, the Frenchman led a 1-2-3 finish in Monaco, the rest is history.

+ Reply to Thread