+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seats and Rails for a MK3 (NC) MX-5 ?

Seats and Rails for a MK3 (NC) MX-5 ?

Righto....

as always, trying to find information on compatibility between car, seat rails and seat is a minefield.

Looking to stick a pair of buckets in a MK3 MX-5. Have no real preference on a seat as long as it fits. Been recommended the Cobra Suzuka Pro....

Need sliding rails as Neil and I have different positions.......

From memory bottom mount stuff was a nightmare as you end up about a foot higher than stock :) So it needs to be side mount I think.

Who's fitted what ?

I made some custom bits for Rich196's old one as the bought stuff was too tall iirc. Can't remember if we put a slider in, but possibly as Kelly certainly pedalled it too
    Northloop.co.uk - at the forefront of political debate since Tuesday.

Hmm. Spent a few hours digging through google etc.... this is all deja-vu from evo and csl memories.....

the "standard" companies like sparco, cobra etc - they make a subframe which tends to sit a bit high. If you want sliders, you install those on top. Then your seat. So yes, you do end up with a tall install.

I had some "buddy club" rails for one car which were great cos they bolted to the floor, had the sliders built in, and you stuck your sidemounts on top.

The only rails I can find for an MX5 seem to be the BRIDE low-max. Which combine the subframe, sliders and sidemounts and the seat effectively sits "between" them, allowing a super low position. Just dunno whether these would work with Cobra seats. Don't really want to pay 3k for a set of BRIDE buckets+mounts, but that is the "safe" and "premium" option I guess.

Rich196 will appear later. I'm sure he can remember better what we did.
    Northloop.co.uk - at the forefront of political debate since Tuesday.

This is true UB fabricated some rails for my NC, and put harness points on the stock rear brace. Nice solution! Mine were fixed rails.

The seats I went for were JK composites.
    http://www.jkcomposites.com/bucket-seats-2/

My lasting option is the side of the seat is to high to makes getting in and out easy. Comfy seat though drove all the way to spa in it, and supportive on track.

DSC_0377 by Richard Beale, on Flickr

DSC_0381 by Richard Beale, on Flickr

I would go for something like a tillet, Ste has one for sale!!

Or my mate has a goodwin racing slider, and a cobra Monaco sport pro.

WhatsApp Image 2017-08-28 at 19.46.07 by Richard Beale, on Flickr

Call Paul Rodders they have them made for the mrk 3 race cars can't remember if they are on rails tho.
    Test Dummy

+ Reply to Thread