+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Girly Point of Veiw

After last year's exploits with an RX-7 (let's just say it was a good job we towed it out!), this was a bit of a posh trip in my friend Iain's 996 Carrera 4S

Had a smooth trip down with a bit of a Clarkson moment in a tunnel outside of Dover when Iain wound down the windows and put his foot down :affection:

Brian managed to keep up in his ZR

On our first lap Iain scared the living daylights out of me declaring that the Ring was "just like the roads in Wales"!!!!!!!! As I wasn't able to offer any help beyond shouting "SLOW DOWN!!!!!" Ian Howell kindly took Iain out for some teaching sessions. I don't think he needed any coaxing to get him into the passenger seat!

I had another lap with Iain at the end of the weekend and it was a different experience. I was grinning like an idiot when we got back to the car park. Thanks again for your time Ian :thumb:

I'm still sad enough to be counting the number of passenger laps I've been on and this time I managed to get up to 17.5, mainly with Ian in his Audi (that car is so much fun in the wet!), Darren in the Stealth Mobile ( :ph43r: smooth!) and Brian in the ZR (I don't know what fuel he puts in it but that car really flies!) Finally at 7.15 on Monday evening I had the long promised lap in Nigel's Golf :D

On Monday morning it was still hammering down so Mr Teflon kidnapped me and took me off-roading into the woods to find some viewing points. We got a bit lost...

...but found some cool places to watch from...

Sabine waved at us every time she passed but Darren & I still can't decide who pulled - me or him!

Just as I was giving up hope of ever driving the Ring myself I managed to prise the keys to the Porsche out of Iain's hands (he's a brave man!) and Jude, Sarah and I did a Girl Power lap! They were stood in the car park drinking coffee by the time I got round but it was the first time I'd ever driven the car and I was a bit scared of breaking it. Iain convinced me to take it out of auto (!!!!!) somewhere around Flugplatz and I really felt the car start to respond...so it was just the muppet behind the wheel that caused it to take 15 mins to go round! :shame: Don't care though... I've done it now! Still grinning from the experience. :D

Before leaving on Tuesday we drove round the Testing Centres to see if we could find anything interesting but all I could find was this F1 car that would be perfect for a hippy such as myself!

We took a wrong turning when leaving Nurburg and ended up on the northern route heading for the autobahn :D Once we'd cleared the roadworks Iain put his foot down and we got up to 190 :o :o :D before some muppet in a Focus pulled into the outside lane about a mile ahead :o :o :o It felt fab though....sounded pretty good too :D

We bumped into these guys at a petrol station in Belgium and were hoping to have some fun but the driver's seemed to have had their smiles removed :(

Now I'm suffering from a bad case of the post trip blues...I'm too broke to shop and I've eaten so much chocolate I feel sick but this still brings a smile to my face...

Porsche

Ubba ubba :affection:
    SLK32 AMG

Cider makes you brighter

Great report, and glad that you had a good weekend!

Never actually saw you long enough face to face to talk to...... :blink:

next time maybe?! :thumb:
    Nissan 350Z 3.5 V6 Roadster.
    www.nurburgringphotos.co.uk

Good report!

Be careful of going into the woods with Herr Teflon! :blink: :whistle:

:thumb:

Yes, remember what happened to Clare when she was taken up the castle ;)

190 :o

F
    BMW 3.0 Z4 Roadster. Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI T2. Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000.

Great report and I`m really pleased you finally managed to get that promised lap in the Golf, although it is a different golf to the one I initially promised a lap in :lol:

A couple of Brian

Iain (who I never managed to get a lap with :( )

Nice report :thumb:
    I'm arresting you for murdering my car you dyke digging tosspot

Originally posted by Louise@Jun 2 2007, 08:08 PM
    Never actually saw you long enough face to face to talk to...... :blink:
    It's a shame we didn't get to catch up - every time I saw you you were huddled under a brolly with your camera!

Hope you've managed to defrost now :D
    SLK32 AMG

Cider makes you brighter

Originally posted by davetouring@Jun 2 2007, 08:19 PM

Be careful of going into the woods with Herr Teflon! :blink: :whistle:

...now you tell me!!!

.....it could explain what I found in his glove box though :whistle:

I'm sure he'll be along to explain it in a bit :unsure:
    SLK32 AMG

Cider makes you brighter

Regular
    Good report :D :D

Decided when you're going back yet? Was lovely to see you and Brian back again and to meet Iain.

Jude

Originally posted by JudeM@Jun 3 2007, 11:30 AM

Decided when you're going back yet? Was lovely to see you and Brian back again and to meet Iain.
    It was lovely to see you again too...although we didn't get as much hot chocolate time this time.... :(

I'll be back out later in the year - I've noticed a few pics of a red Yaris on track this weekend - if they can do it, so can I :D
    SLK32 AMG

Cider makes you brighter

Regular
    Originally posted by Hippychick+Jun 3 2007, 11:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hippychick @ Jun 3 2007, 11:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JudeM@Jun 3 2007, 11:30 AM

Decided when you&#39;re going back yet? Was lovely to see you and Brian back again and to meet Iain.
    It was lovely to see you again too...although we didn&#39;t get as much hot chocolate time this time.... :(

I&#39;ll be back out later in the year - I&#39;ve noticed a few pics of a red Yaris on track this weekend - if they can do it, so can I :D [/b][/quote]
    Hey looking at what you drove round on your first ever lap the Yaris will be a breeze :D

Definately more hot chocolate next time, unless we get even more time on the ring.

Jude

I have been a bit spoilt...time to come back to reality....

I&#39;m just worried that the Yaris will topple over on the corners :unsure:
    SLK32 AMG

Cider makes you brighter

IanHowell
    Originally posted by Hippychick@Jun 3 2007, 12:43 PM
    I have been a bit spoilt...time to come back to reality....

I&#39;m just worried that the Yaris will topple over on the corners :unsure:
    Good report Helen :thumb:

Glad you made it back one year on.

More regular visits are required from now on though :P

Nice to meet Iain, loved his car which was fantastic, would love to drive one round the Ring one day :affection:

Glad I could be of help to him.

The Yaris would suprise a few people round there, great handling cars ;)

Ian

Originally posted by IanHowell@Jun 3 2007, 01:14 PM

More regular visits are required from now on though :P

Nice to meet Iain, loved his car which was fantastic, would love to drive one round the Ring one day :affection:

It was a fabulous car to drive but it was hard to concentrate on the track when the cost of replacing it kept popping into my head :unsure:

More regular visits are not a problem - I think I have the bug :D

Good to see you having so much fun this time :D :D :D
    SLK32 AMG

Cider makes you brighter

IanHowell
    So when next then Helen?

Mid Aug is a good weekend :whistle:

Ian

Is that the 11, 12 & 13?

Hmmm....another trip to the Ring or this?
    SLK32 AMG

Cider makes you brighter

IanHowell
    Depends what trip it is Helen, can&#39;t see any details.. :unsure:

Otherwise Ring all the way ;)

Ian

Sorry - link worked for me but here it is:

Heart of Cambodia

Only recently has it been permitted (and safe) to explore Cambodia beyond Phnom Penh and Angkor. Travelling by land, sea and river, we take an in-depth look at some of these newly opened lands: we stop at French colonial towns, visit remote villages, relax on the pristine beaches of the Andaman Sea and visit some of the fascinating Khmer temples scattered throughout Cambodia.

Unspoilt Coast
    After sightseeing in Phnom Penh, we head south to the charming riverside town of Kampot where we take a journey into the surrounding picturesque countryside in a peculiar form of local transport based on the tractor (&#33;) known as a &#39;remorque&#39;. Continuing along the coast to Sihanoukville, we take a boat trip through the offshore islands enjoying the unspoilt beaches and tropical waters of the Andaman Sea.

Mekong, Villages and Temples
    Travelling back to Phnom Penh, we continue our adventure and head for Kratie, home to some of the last Irrawady freshwater dolphins in Southeast Asia. Sightings are common and we plan to spend time here to enjoy this unique opportunity. We stop at Kompong Cham for a chance to explore by bicycles, then drive on to Kompong Thom passing many remote villages along the way. We also visit the ancient Chenla capital of Sambor Prei Kuk: over a hundred temples dedicated to Shiva lie hidden in the jungle, at this tranquil and rarely visited 7th century site.

Tonle Sap Lake and Angkor
    We take a leisurely cruise through the floating villages on South East Asia&#39;s biggest fresh water lake. Our tour would not be complete without a visit to the breathtaking temples of the Angkorian Kings. Constructed over a period of some 600 years, hundreds are scattered through a vast area of the Cambodian jungle. Our exploration includes the main highlights - Angkor Wat, Ta Phrom and Angkor Thom, as well as a number of lesser known and newly opened ones, such as Banteay Srei. Finally we fly back to Cambodia&#39;s capital, Phnom Penh.
    SLK32 AMG

Cider makes you brighter

IanHowell
    Looks like too much hard work Helen.... :lol:

Go to the Ring instead :P

Ian

I guess there is less danger from landmines at the Ring... :unsure:

It was just the hippy in me trying to get out :ph43r:
    SLK32 AMG

Cider makes you brighter

Originally posted by Hippychick@Jun 2 2007, 05:46 PM
    After last year&#39;s exploits with an RX-7 (let&#39;s just say it was a good job we towed it out&#33;), this was a bit of a posh trip in my friend Iain&#39;s 996 Carrera 4S
    Oi&#33;

Thats unfair....it was a good trip, apart from a small suspension issue&#33; Car worked fine on this trip though&#33;&#33; Did loads of rather quick laps :D

Anyway you were only out there so you could be on the pull&#33; ;) :P

I went into the woods with Teflon once, him and his buck toothed mate, thought I was a pig, until my mate burt reynolds turned up and shot one of em with a bow and arrow. :o
    Ermmmmm

Originally posted by AtomicRex@Jun 19 2007, 08:05 AM
    Thats unfair....it was a good trip, apart from a small suspension issue&#33;
    ...wasn&#39;t there a minor incident with the armco too :whistle:

You finally found your way to Northloop then :thumb:
    SLK32 AMG

Cider makes you brighter

Originally posted by Weeman@Jun 19 2007, 02:02 PM
    I went into the woods with Teflon once, him and his buck toothed mate, thought I was a pig, until my mate burt reynolds turned up and shot one of em with a bow and arrow. :o
    ????? were you smoking something herbal at the time?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;
    SLK32 AMG

Cider makes you brighter

+ Reply to Thread