+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My October report

October report

Friday.
    It all started early for me. Took the day off work to generally get sorted in the morning and then take the train to London to meet my brother in the afternoon. Arrived in London mid afternoon so had a couple of hours to kill before Andy left work. After he told me all the local places to visit like the Tate modern and other arty places I walked 50 yards to the nearest pub and took my place at the bar :thumb: .
    5.30 took the train to Gillingham then out with my Andy for a few beers.

Saturday
    Up bright and early, well 8am anyway for the 40 or so mile trip to Dover. All very civilized and much better than being up at 4am I have to say.
    9.45 met up with Nick, Jason and Clare. Off to catch the 11.15am ferry. We got asked if we wanted to catch an earlier ferry but Jason was so faaaaaaaaaaar behind he wouldn’t have made it so we had to wait grumble grumble.
    A nice breaky on the ferry and it was time to get off and on our way. Pretty much a drama free trip to Nurburg. Its fair to say that Nick and Jason have done cracking jobs on getting their cars too the stage they are so quickly. Its also nice to know that its partially my fault that their bank accounts have taken such a hammering off late. Everyone who goes in the pug just loves it you see :D .
    On the way my phone was beeping or actually it was saying in my new message tone ‘’aghh a message from the darside there is’’ in a Yoda kind of way (thanks Jason) that Karl was ready for beer and what time would I be arriving?
    Arrived at the hotel about 7pm after collecting the car from RR. , Hi Alan, hi Pete, hi Petes mate whose name I cant remember (sorry) hi Westy your gay gay , see ya later oh and by the way your taking me to Adenau to get my car in the morning im outta here.
    Down to the pig for a few beers with Karl and Clare then off to the Chinese for a lovely meal. It was made all the more lovely as Karl payed for it :whistle: . After the chinky it was off to a pub to participate in a few games of pool. Karl and I took on the world, well Germany and Italy at least. It all started nicely but the beer was flowing so the cheating off putting comments began, as did the banter with the local watchers. Karl wanted to fight the world and luckily we got out with our lives at about 3.30am.

Sunday
    It all started very badly with Steve wandering the corridors whispering my name loudly. I was obviously worried he was coming to abuse me ;) . As it happened it turned out it was gone 8am, the allotted hour to go to the track. Its fair to say it’s a long time since ive had a hangover on that scale but it was very much on show Sunday morning. The track took a while to open, when it did Steve gave me a lift to Adenau to collect the car. The track was still a bit damp but even so it was dry enough to gave the pug its last few laps of the year. 5 ½ laps later I decided it was time to call it a day, the old girl was feeling decidedly tired. Nicks golf had also decided to give up the ghost with a shot clutch.
    Around mid day I was really feeling the effects of little sleep and too much beer and excused myself for an hours kip.
    Back at the track It was off to Hatzenbach to take a few pics, although non of the gang were in evidence. The track was quite busy but as always Sabine was happy to play for the crowd, something which is always well appreciated. Back to the Grunne holle to meet the others and our new Scottish friends with with their EVO. As newbies I was asked to help out with a lap which I duly did. I was impressed with both the car and the driver considering he had done no track work before.
    James Whellan came to find Mickel and me to take us out for a pax lap in his rental Astra. It was an interesting lap with James (who races for team Schwedenkreuz in the VLN) taking Hohe Acht for instance Flat out. Straight after Mickel who races the Audi TT in the VLN took me out in his 944 Turbo. With standard power 8mins 5secs shows how well Mickel can pedal a car, although we didn’t get near this time on our busy lap.
    The evening was spent in Adenau’s Italian with the gang and a special guest appearance from Bren too. Just for a change I stayed off the beer, a long journey home beconed early in the morning.

Monday
    6am is a un-godly hour to be on the road when your on holiday but my confidence level in the car getting me back to the ferry port was low. I managed 71 miles before the car made some extremely dodgey noises and gave up the ghost. A call to the recovery people saw me in Theux Peugeot garage being told I had lunched a drive shaft and that a replacement wouldn’t be available till the morning. The nice recovery people arranged a taxi for me to Liege and accomadation in the Ibis in town centre. The day was gorgeous 25 degrees and sunny, so I decided it would be rude not to sample the odd Belgium beer or 10. All went well in the gorgeous town till I witnessed a knife fight over a minor RTA. I decided to be a little careful on my own in the evening.
    A few more beers and food which could well have horse :o was followed by more beers and shots of non descript high volume alcohol. The locals took to me surprisingly well but by about 10.30pm I could hardly stand and decided to call it a night.

Tuesday
    8.30am the taxi picked me up and took me to the Peugeot dealer to get the old girl back. The car had been parked in a different part of the garage and it wasn’t till I went to look at it that I realised why. It was the crafty garage owners way of showing me his 205 T16 which was in there also. It proved to be a French road registered car with the owner being John Pierre Bastille. He was very proud of this fact, although I have no idea who this was xxxx
    Back on the road and the drive to Dunkirque if a little busy was painless. The ferry trip was quick and easy, the food brilliant and I even watched the in-flight movie too.
    Back in sunny England the drive home was again quick and easy.

So all in a great weekend, not much track driving, but an experience for different reasons.

Pictures to be added to the report tomorrow .......

Gary
    I'm arresting you for murdering my car you dyke digging tosspot

Nice one Gary but you forget to mention

1- The excellent banter, wit and humour on the journey to Adenau in the then working Golf

2- just how unbelievably homo Steve is

Great report, looking forward to the pics.

Nick

Just for a change I stayed off the beer
    greddy

Dave
    Has left the building..................

Nice report; tell us more about the knife fight :blink: :whistle: It brings new meaning to road rage incidents :unsure:

F
    BMW 3.0 Z4 Roadster. Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI T2. Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000.

I was walking back to the hotel which is right in the centre of Liege at about 5pm. As I was passing a couple of parked vans I could hear a women screaming and people milling around. As I went between the vans I saw two cars in the tee bone position, no real damage done. In the middle of the road were two guys, one large and muscular one smaller and wirey circling eachother with their dukes up. It was amusing to watch, all the traffic was stopped as they were bouncing around in the middle of the road Rocky style. The girlfriend of the wirey one was trying to give a couple of whacks out too, just to add to the spectacle. A couple of punches were traded, nothing major and then I saw the big guy backing off rapidly. The small guy had drawn what I would call a fighting knife, 2 inch long blade positively evil looking thing. He was waving it around and pursuing the other guy while he backed off to his car. On seeing the knife the crowd decided it wasn't such a good specator event and backed off too. More screaming and shouting and the big guy was in his car and gone... I didnt hang around too close to see where the wirey guys anger went next but 2 mins later a police bike arrived but all parties had dissapeared.
    I have to say it was an interesting watch until the knife came out and then I felt pretty sick to the stomache. It would have been interesting to see how the police delt with the knife if they got there 2 mins earlier. They all carry guns and I dont for one minute think they would be shy about using them.

Gary

Quality report :thumb:

Regular
    Good report Gary. Your recovery people do look after you :thumb:
    SteveM owes me £5
    I owe Dan £5
    Steve. Pay the man!

So does his phsyciatrist :D
    Here lies the body of Mary Lee, died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity, not a bad record for this vicinity.

Regular
    Originally posted by Karl@Oct 13 2005, 11:25 AM
    So does his phsyciatrist :D
    Yea, but he keeps letting him out :whistle:
    SteveM owes me £5
    I owe Dan £5
    Steve. Pay the man!

2 inch long blade positively evil looking thing
    Cue Mick Dundee character " that's not a knife" (withdrawing a machete) " now that's a knife" :D

Slightly different when it's not TV though :whistle:

T
    E70 X5 40d family truck
    Cayman S - Daily driver of loveliness!
    Mk2 MX5 - Maybe sometime in the next decade to be a Lexus V8 engine riot.......

Regular
    Was good to meet up with everyone who was there and share a few laughs and beers with you all. Hopefully there'll be plenty of opportunites to do the same next year....
    Everyday car--> Volvo v70 D5 SE. Quite possibly the most comfortable car ever.
    Race car -->Peugeot 306

My videos- http://www.youtube.com/profile_video...mxpete&p=r

"I'm not calling you a liar, but you are not telling the truth".

Hope so Pete.

Gary

Originally posted by Gutmann pug@Oct 14 2005, 06:55 AM
    Hope so Pete.

Gary
    Southern ponce and northern monkey unite.
    2004 Clio 182 track car - finished and ready.
    2014 Golf GTD company car - and no it doesn't have tartan sodding seats!

Bike I saw in the centre of Liege

Gary

Pics show without any shadow of a doubt that Steve is defo HOMO! greddy

Nice pics Gary, am loving the bike but think it might have cornering issues, not to mention sore bottom implications (see Steve for details on sore bottoms!)

Nick

Originally posted by leavingeasy@Oct 17 2005, 08:12 AM
    Pics show without any shadow of a doubt that Steve is defo HOMO! greddy

Nice pics Gary, am loving the bike but think it might have cornering issues, not to mention sore bottom implications (see Steve for details on sore bottoms!)

Nick
    You drink 3 pints, have pics taken of you holding 6 pints like you're a beer monster. You go bed at 10pm then call me homo......??

:blink:
    2004 Clio 182 track car - finished and ready.
    2014 Golf GTD company car - and no it doesn't have tartan sodding seats!

nah u just remember it that way.......!!

+ Reply to Thread