+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48
Results 2,351 to 2,373 of 2373

Thread: The 'Tell us about something seemingly unimportant that you liked today' thread

Quote Originally Posted by simonsaunders View Post
    The Ashes 2005 documentary on C4. What a test series.

I donít even like cricket, but that was special.
    It was an amazing event.
    Simon no longer owes me anything, Dave does though.
    Floyd probably owes me at least twenty with the interest rolling up...

My new Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS ) screwdrivers turned up.

I still canít believe that on top of Phillips and Posi, our Japanese friends add a third cross-head screw into the mix (to be fair, they predate globalised products). Which of course, litter their motorbikes. And, of course, most go at the screwheads with whatever crosshead screwdriver is to hand, steadily or quickly mangling the head. Me included. Until now!

Bike is due a service, so theyíll be put into practice imminently. No doubly, fighting the heads of already damaged screws...
    BMW E90 330i Sport / Kawasaki ZX6R.
    Custodian and seller of Northloop stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by simonsaunders View Post
    My new Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS ) screwdrivers turned up.

I still canít believe that on top of Phillips and Posi, our Japanese friends add a third cross-head screw into the mix (to be fair, they predate globalised products). Which of course, litter their motorbikes. And, of course, most go at the screwheads with whatever crosshead screwdriver is to hand, steadily or quickly mangling the head. Me included. Until now!

Bike is due a service, so theyíll be put into practice imminently. No doubly, fighting the heads of already damaged screws...
    Oh, and mine are just cheap ones made by Laser. I have Laser JIS!

Did my first 50+ mile ride on the road bike since doing my back in over a year ago. God, I'm slow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Benz
    Nige would be turning in his shed
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    Have you seen my bottom nuts?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by N/B View Post
    Did my first 50+ mile ride on the road bike since doing my back in over a year ago. God, I'm slow...
    Good man. I turn a wheel for the first time in 6 months tomorrow....may manage 20 slow miles....onwards and upwards.
    #itaintsportthough
    If a man speaks his mind in a forest and no woman hears him...is he still wrong ?

I was at Millbrook yesterday, driving slowly around the hill route, urban route and the high-speed bowl. We were in lane 2 of the bowl, pootling along at 40mph, while a Singer DLS mule car and a McLaren F1 were high above us, hurtling past in lane 5. That was cool, as was the Aston DB4 GT Zagato which was doing a different test circuit...
    "Fortunately, I'd taken a spare Gearbox, Turbo, Actuator, Banjo Connector, Steering Rack, Driveshafts, ECU, Wideband sensor, 57-51mm silicone reducing elbow and a Copper Banjo Washer." - Nige

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Mac View Post
    I was at Millbrook yesterday, driving slowly around the hill route, urban route and the high-speed bowl. We were in lane 2 of the bowl, pootling along at 40mph, while a Singer DLS mule car and a McLaren F1 were high above us, hurtling past in lane 5. That was cool, as was the Aston DB4 GT Zagato which was doing a different test circuit...
    I had to replace a leaking evaporator in a qashqai the other day. Your name was fifty shades of mud.
    Northloop.co.uk - at the forefront of political debate since Tuesday.

I've done MIRA a couple of times. Cool stuff there!
    BMW 3.0 Z4 Roadster. Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI T2. Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Benz View Post
    I had to replace a leaking evaporator in a qashqai the other day. Your name was fifty shades of mud.
    Oh, I just make sure things fit, I can't guarantee that they work, or can be disassembled...
    "Fortunately, I'd taken a spare Gearbox, Turbo, Actuator, Banjo Connector, Steering Rack, Driveshafts, ECU, Wideband sensor, 57-51mm silicone reducing elbow and a Copper Banjo Washer." - Nige

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
    I've done MIRA a couple of times. Cool stuff there!
    I had to go up there a few times troubleshooting intermittent door latches on McLeran P1 production. To ensure the latch was subjected to temperatures and NVH we had to constantly do shakedowns (which included, tight handling circuit, doughnuts to test traction systems, high speed runs and launchís up to silly speeds - think they took about 45min each and after a few you start to really feel it.

One of the guys from the build team on the Senna project projectile vomited all over the interior of one of the first pre production Sennaís on the bowl there.
    VW Golf MK2 16v build here
    Audi A3 3.2L Scirocco MK2 GT2
    Skoda Kodiaq Sportline 4x4 190

I've just received a LinkedIn request for someone to join my network. I don't normally pay any attention to this, but apparently it's from a real lady in China called Twinkle Wang,

Amazing

Lovely curry last night. Exceptional farts this morning.

Forgot to mention, I also saw a Rolls Royce Cullinan exiting the off-road course. It was dirty!

I've just received a LinkedIn request for someone to join my network. I don't normally pay any attention to this, but apparently it's from a real lady in China called Twinkle Wang,
    I had Elvis Kingbiro!
    BMW 3.0 Z4 Roadster. Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI T2. Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000.

Went phone shopping to Kings Lynn this morning, parked up in Tuesday market place, nice lady gave me her 2 hr ticket as she was walking back to her car. I was made up!

Kings Lynn. Did she have more than the usual number of fingers?

Did not count them

Too many to count on the hands of a normal person?

Might have had webbed feet.

All the better for swimming with

Strictly not today but yesterday, liked the fact I managed a 60 mile ride on my road bike. Pleased as it is the furtherest I have ridden a push bike in 25 years.

Fair trek Jamie!!

+ Reply to Thread