+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,650 of 1670

Thread: The 'Have a moan' thread - anything you like

A likely story..
    Simon no longer owes me anything, Dave does though.
    Floyd probably owes me at least twenty with the interest rolling up...

Next door neighbour has decided to strip the rear suspension down on his van, in front of my garage.

Could of done it in front of his garage but that would have meant moving one of their cars to the front of their house, where there is plenty of space.

Good job i don't need to put the MX5 away or anything. Oh, that's right. I do.

Cnut!
    Renaultsport Megane 250 Cup
    Ford Fiesta XR2i

An up and down day. There is a patch of land alongside my house that I wanted to buy, only to find that I already own it (discrepancy between an old paper HM Land Reg. copy of the title for my house that didn't show me owning it and the latest online one that does show me owning it). A previous owner of our house acquired it at some stage. 6 well spent to find that out.

There is a further patch of land in front of my house that I'd quite like to own. It is a car sized space and is currently a communal garden that there would be some resistance to me acquiring it. And turning in to my driveway extension. With the above acquisition, the previous owner also acquired this piece of land that is now a communal garden, but then donated it to the community. Twat.

Next to my would-be extended driveway, I also found a piece of land owned by a company in York and not the neighbours over that way as I had assumed. If I manage to get both bits, there is space for a garage.

Chuffed that I own the land to the side of our house, annoyed that I could own the communal garden but don't and quite pleased that if I do get the communal garden at some stage I should be able to get another 10sqm to make space for a garage.

Terrestrial TV. What a load of shyte.

I don't watch much TV nowadays, but when I do turn the TV on there's feck all on. Usually just reality TV or some other bollox.

We binned Sky because it was shyte and most of what the Doris watched was on freeview anyway. Unfortunately I can't bin freeview either.

On a plus side. I can report that the Doris is watching less soaps than she ever did. Bonus!
    Ford Fiesta XR2i

UPS. The twats.

Had a delivery scheduled for today. Tow bar electrics. Left a message on the shipping order stating to leave package in shed if no one home.

Jemma came home to find the back gate wide open (we have dogs) and a soggy cardboard package (full of electrics) sat on the wheelie bin in full view of anyone visiting/passing the house.

Have just called to log a complaint. Awaiting a call back.
    Ford Fiesta XR2i

Quote Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
    Terrestrial TV. What a load of shyte.

I don't watch much TV nowadays, but when I do turn the TV on there's feck all on. Usually just reality TV or some other bollox.

We binned Sky because it was shyte and most of what the Doris watched was on freeview anyway. Unfortunately I can't bin freeview either.

On a plus side. I can report that the Doris is watching less soaps than she ever did. Bonus!
    First time I watched tv in months was on saturday didnt last long with. Really think I am binning virgin tv save some money as it is full of shit.

Bullshit with UPS :(
    Daily - E91 325d M-Sport Touring
    Project - A Need for Swede (sold for parts)

UPS. The twats.

Had a delivery scheduled for today. Tow bar electrics. Left a message on the shipping order stating to leave package in shed if no one home.

Jemma came home to find the back gate wide open (we have dogs) and a soggy cardboard package (full of electrics) sat on the wheelie bin in full view of anyone visiting/passing the house.

Have just called to log a complaint. Awaiting a call back.
    They used to slip these sorts of deliveries under the garage door before there was a massive complaint...

Regular
    ^^^

Our UPS delivery driver is excellent, can set your watch by him. FedEx on the other hand. 930AM to after 5PM or anything in between. Useless for us.
    SteveM owes me 5
    I owe Dan 5
    Steve. Pay the man!

The Mrs ordered some flowers from M&S online recently, birthday gift for her sister. Delivery driver threw them over a 6ft fence into her garden.
    WITAF is wrong with UK couriers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Benz
    Nige would be turning in his shed
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeman
    I know **** all about slicks, apart from that they are cheating like turbos.

Quote Originally Posted by N/B View Post
    The Mrs ordered some flowers from M&S online recently, birthday gift for her sister. Delivery driver threw them over a 6ft fence into her garden.
    WITAF is wrong with UK couriers?

A few years back Yodel dropped a laptop over a 6ft gate at my in-laws house Yeah that was fun to sort out...

Idiots

Next door's visitors (they're having a lot recently, due to selling puppies) parking outside our house, ie right across our front path.

It seems to be anyone who visits them at the moment. Even when there's space outside next door they'll still park outside ours. Brilliant when we rock up and need to park our own car but have to park elsewhere and move it later.

Is it just me or is it rude to park across someone's drive/path etc. I just wouldn't do it.

I'd go knock and moan but it would be every day at this rate. The neighbours are bellends too so I wouldn't be surprised if they're encouraging it.

Twats.

On a plus side. They move in 3 weeks.
    Ford Fiesta XR2i

Next door's visitors (they're having a lot recently, due to selling puppies) parking outside our house, ie right across our front path.

It seems to be anyone who visits them at the moment. Even when there's space outside next door they'll still park outside ours. Brilliant when we rock up and need to park our own car but have to park elsewhere and move it later.

Is it just me or is it rude to park across someone's drive/path etc. I just wouldn't do it.

I'd go knock and moan but it would be every day at this rate. The neighbours are bellends too so I wouldn't be surprised if they're encouraging it.

Twats.

On a plus side. They move in 3 weeks.
    Parking across anyone's drop kerb is a no-no.

Otherwise it's pretty much fair game, really.

Anyone who lives other than on a private road doesn't own the street in front of their house (though there are some who think differently).

As a courtesy, it's polite to park adjacent to the property that you are concerned with, I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by ultegra View Post
    Parking across anyone's drop kerb is a no-no.

Otherwise it's pretty much fair game, really.

Anyone who lives other than on a private road doesn't own the street in front of their house (though there are some who think differently).

As a courtesy, it's polite to park adjacent to the property that you are concerned with, I suppose?
    I get that. It's just courteous to the occupant imo.

Plus, dickhead next door would be rattling on my door within seconds if someone dared park in her spot. Which is why I would always make sure my visitors park outside ours or at the end of the cul de sac in front of my garage. Ie I'd ask them where they've parked.
    Ford Fiesta XR2i

Next doors son in law parks over my drive no idea why when he "dropping the kids off" no matter what you shouldn't park over a drive blocking access in or out of the drive as had to say move I'm going to work a few times.

Regular
    Carlisle/South Lanarkshire/ Greenock @ the life on Mars (1970) office...
    My understanding of the law is that you cannot stop someone joining the road (blocking them in) but you can stop them leaving the road.

We had this in Carlisle except opposite of where I parked (on the kerb which was slightly naught) so I went to the cops as people were struggling to pass & after several visits and emails the old git finally realised that he was going to get done with obstruction.

Some folk are just thick.

Ask for white lines (H bar) to be put across the area of your dropped kerb.

You will likely have to pay for it, but the offending vehicle can be ticketed by police, or local authority. Without the H bar you're going to struggle.

More here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ont-of-a-drive

Alternatively - move away from people.
    Diamond Hell
    Holiday cottages: coastandcountry.eu
    Woodland camping with Forest Schools: campwight.co.uk

Plumbers that don't turn up, have lame excuse, re-book and don't turn up again. All after taking time off work to let them in.
    Wankers
    BMW 123D M Sport. Blacked out windows, leaning baaack...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Hell View Post

Alternatively - move away from people.
    This is our preferred option. It's service accommodation so we benefit from having neighbours moving every few years, if we don't ourselves. This is more pertinent when your neighbours are bellends.

Fortunately, the bellends next door are moving very soon. As a result we now have an addition to our house search criteria that our own place is, ideally, isolated from other people that may be, or end up as, bellends.

As an update, the missus returned home from work and said car was still there. Even after my daughter asked them politely to move it before she came home. They ignored the request so the missus parked close to the car. When their visitor left he had to do a 20 point turn to get out (why next door couldn't move her car for him I don't know) then wheelspan out of the cul-de-sac.

Small victory for us but no doubt loaded with consequences. Bellends.
    Last edited by Chris D; 02-08-2017 at 10:10 AM.
    Ford Fiesta XR2i

If you wanna be away from Bellends have you considered leaving the Army?
    Volvo V60 D5 R Design
    Nick Oak road tested Mk 2 ABF Golf Gti 16v

Quote Originally Posted by Weeman View Post
    Every fcuking day, Dave. Every day.
    Ford Fiesta XR2i

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeman View Post
    And go where? Everywhere I've ever worked has got bellends. It's called life.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    And go where? Everywhere I've ever worked has got bellends. It's called life.
    Try a career in AI.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ultegra View Post
    Try a career in AI.
    Computers can be bellends too.

Just watch the documentary 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Computers can be bellends too.

Just watch the documentary 2001: A Space Odyssey
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7vbXvFdNBk
    If the whole world was filled with just animals and David Attenborough, it would be a beautiful place. Unfortunately, it's been overrun by 7.1-billion assholes.

This may help to explain it.

Regular
    I wasn't expecting that!
    Mark

31c at 1230am.

No wind.

Come on....
    Unofficial NL roadtester and spinmaster (retired)

Our company IT helpdesk - useless ****ers. I had some problems with some newly-installed software yesterday and made the mistake of asking our helpdesk to help. The third operative who called me back was the first one who sounded like he might know what a computer is, so I let him remotely connect to try to solve the issue. The next thing I know he's flashing my bios, and now my drive encryption software has kicked in because it doesn't recognise the computer it's in. And where has helpdesk gone? Who knows... I can't log on to my laptop, they don't have a phone number because they do everything over Skype, so now I'm waiting for someone in India to pick up the email I sent from my phone.

It's all gone to shit since we outsourced everything at the start of the year.

If I had a hammer...
    If the whole world was filled with just animals and David Attenborough, it would be a beautiful place. Unfortunately, it's been overrun by 7.1-billion assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by leavingeasy View Post
    31c at 1230am.

No wind.

Come on....
    Try a hotter curry next time.

Buyer of golf after driving off completely happy contacts me 2 weeks later complaining of a knackered turbo and intercooler pipe sections. Even if it isn't a scam ( likely ) , doesn't he understand that he accepted it the moment he drove away....

People

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    Buyer of golf after driving off completely happy contacts me 2 weeks later complaining of a knackered turbo and intercooler pipe sections. Even if it isn't a scam ( likely ) , doesn't he understand that he accepted it the moment he drove away....

People
    This behaviour is rife at the moment. A customer of mine is a traffic cop. He recently sold his Smart to a young chap on the south coast. He kept his occupation quiet at the time... A fortnight later the fella gets in touch. Apparently the turbo failed while his girlfriend was driving the car and he'd like 1200 to cover the costs thank you very much. Phil took a trip to the fella's house, in his work gear. Funnily enough the chap suddenly changed his tune. A pointed finger and told to sort himself out was enough Phil thought on this occasion.

Don't lose any sleep over it mate.
    Northloop.co.uk - at the forefront of political debate since Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Benz View Post
    This behaviour is rife at the moment. A customer of mine is a traffic cop. He recently sold his Smart to a young chap on the south coast. He kept his occupation quiet at the time... A fortnight later the fella gets in touch. Apparently the turbo failed while his girlfriend was driving the car and he'd like 1200 to cover the costs thank you very much. Phil took a trip to the fella's house, in his work gear. Funnily enough the chap suddenly changed his tune. A pointed finger and told to sort himself out was enough Phil thought on this occasion.

Don't lose any sleep over it mate.
    Guy who bought my Blackbird complained that the rear tyre failed on him two weeks after he bought it.

He knew it had been standing, the MoT man passed it and I had recently razzed it myself. He texted me quite a cross message. I replied back blankly, 'oh, that's unfortunate. Glad you're OK'. End of the matter.

Not showing any glimmer of caring is a sure fire way to close the conversation.

Not losing any sleep. It was serviced with a long checklist in may and everything was green.

I suggested he call them and discuss last week, as I was busy at a funeral.

Today's threat was negative eBay feedback. Wooo.

I haven't responded since last week. He'll get bored eventually.

Regular
    Carlisle/South Lanarkshire/ Greenock @ the life on Mars (1970) office...
    A few years ago I sold some carbs and lo & behold they wanted some money back as they were so knackered (in his opinion).
    So I spoke to a wily old friend who said you'll take them back & give him his money back.
    Obviously they didn't want this so that was the end of that.

Regular
    My weekend race at Doni in the Craterham

Drove total shite, head gasket gone

Total tw*t...........................

Couldn't even finish 8th.......
    Must not finish 8th. Must not finish 8th. Must not finish 8th

A week on from dad's first chemo session and he's been kept overnight in hospital with an infection.

1 week down, 29 (planned) more weeks of this to go.
    @ThrottleSteerer - Official Northloop Brat Custodian (Flat 4 or Boxer 4?)

Forever in debt to the famous NL Brat relay Team.
    Kent to Aberdeen - December 2016

Quote Originally Posted by findlay View Post
    A week on from dad's first chemo session and he's been kept overnight in hospital with an infection.

Sucks mate. Keep at it. Chemo is v.rough initially

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    Sucks mate. Keep at it. Chemo is v.rough initially

As Steve said first one was rough & really did impact my mum. With the chemo it does mess the immune systems up and lows them dramatically.

Fingers crossed and hope he's ok (as are you and the family)

Bummer. Hope it goes as well as it can.

Avast anti virus I do not subscribe & I make a point of NOT subscribing with recurring payments as they take it regardless. Took 50 out of my account.

Went to log in to my account to get contact details & its linked to my old email ive not had in 12 months so cant get passwords etc. Find a contact number basically go to the options and cant help me I have to log a issue on my online account - I cant thats the point FFS........

Regular
    Back at work today after over 3 weeks off for wedding and honeymoon. No one has offered me a free drink, free chocolate, or free flowers for the missus in days. It's freezing here (defined as less than 30C currently), I can't see the beach or the pool and the wife had to make me breakfast this morning as there were no staff around. It's also nearly 2pm and I haven't had a beer yet. Also I had to drive myself to work, there was no driver to bring me, and a guide didn't log me onto my computer for me.
    Mark

#prayformark

Dad ended up spending six nights in hospital before his "neuts" were back at an acceptable level.

2nd batch of Chemo was yesterday... An 80%-er... Fingers crossed for more success in staying out of hospital this time.
    @ThrottleSteerer - Official Northloop Brat Custodian (Flat 4 or Boxer 4?)

Forever in debt to the famous NL Brat relay Team.
    Kent to Aberdeen - December 2016

Greed when a will is mentioned and said person manipulating a vulnerable person to get what they want & thus removing the family members who have been doing the caring for many many years.

Who needs enimeys with family members like this

Safe to say they can Feck off

Started my new job in Chilwell today. It's a 23 mile commute each way.

Wittering was a 28 mile commute and always took me 35 mins no matter what time of day it was.

I left earlier than usual this morning. 7 am. Arrived in camp at 0750. That was reasonably decent traffic too.

FML.
    Ford Fiesta XR2i

Picked up some BBS Styl42 split rim barrels and centres from my powder bloke today.

The centres were stacked like pancakes, albeit each wrapped in single layer of bubble wrap.

Sure enough, when I got home one had a divot taken out of the powder.

Hopefully I'll get decent treatment when I pop it back tomorrow - I have put lots of business to them over the past number of years.

Regular
    East Asian call centres where they insist on having an English first name. Today when ringing '3' I got Martin (I've had a Kevin and a Colin in the past...who lets em pick these money names) Heaviest Bombay accent in the world but he's called Martin. FFS
    If a man speaks his mind in a forest and no woman hears him...is he still wrong ?

Threaders

Just had a text from the missus. She has damaged her car exiting a car park in town. She's fine but this is the third time in a year that she has done this .

Awaiting photos.
    Ford Fiesta XR2i

Regular
    Threaders

Just had a text from the missus. She has damaged her car exiting a car park in town. She's fine but this is the third time in a year that she has done this .

Awaiting photos.

Bet Louise Nurding would be more careful
    SteveM owes me 5
    I owe Dan 5
    Steve. Pay the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post

Bet Louise Nurding would be more careful
    Wouldn't matter anyway. She is loaded.
    Ford Fiesta XR2i

+ Reply to Thread