+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,850 of 2912

Thread: New users please sign in and say Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by thesmudgeswife View Post
    I work for a pretty cool company and will be getting to do a few laps of the Top Gear test track soon in the cars we produce. Oh and we won the GP today so I get to wear my victory shirt to work tomorrow!
    Very cool, well done today!
    And welcome to Northloop Mrs. Smudge.

just a quick hello

Hi there guys im Joe im 26 form yorkshire, im a industrial door engineer by trade, specializing hi security doors for banks etc. Im car and bike mad, after years of saying id go i finally went over to the nurburgring in april this year. This changed a whole lot of things for me. I fell in love with the place, not just the track, the region, the people , the lifestyle everything!
    My first visit i took my clio 200 which is a really able little car and it performed great. I came home and decided that risking pranging my 15k road car i would get another track car after a few years without one. I bought a clio 172, stripped a load off it, sold all sorts, Put new cup shocks and springs seats. I returned in august for another week with the little 172 pretty much a standard car to see what it could do. All in all it performed well however highlighted the areas that needed upgrading. Currently the cars off the road in bits! Non the less as it stands ive only got 1k in it, im sure this will change

Either way im returning friday the 26th of this month in the 200, really looking forward to it! After a long introduction, id like to say hello and i look forward to getting involved. Heres a couple of pictures Joe

Joe. Welcome to the madhouse.
    E30 325 shared ownership track car
    TT Roadster

"A bottle of wine contains more philosophy than all the books in the world."

Aussie saying gday..

Hi gang,
    Im James, 22 years old from Melbourne Australia. Found this forum after reading Nige's post on ClubGTI.

Have been involved in motorsport since I was 12 racing karts and then moving up to hill climbs and low speed trials at 16. For the last couple of years iv been doing sprints and track days. Dad races a Mk1 16v in a class called Improved Production so its awsome tosuch good knowledge.

I was lucky enough to passanger the Ring a few years back with my father in a Seat Leon. Was an awsome experience and I hope to spend some time in the UK/europe doing both track days and attending meets etc.

I own a '97 Mk3 CL which has been awsome as my daily/WIP/track hack. Koni suspension, upgraded brakes plus wheels and tyres make it a bit more fun.

Daily spec:

Track spec:

I have juts bought a Seat Ibiza Cupra 16v (Only 50 of these were brought into Australia and most of them have been wrecked) which is going to become my track car. Stripped, suspension, brakes, seat n harness, noise pipe and ill be a very happy man!

Cupra (becauseracecar)

I was lucky enough to passanger the Ring a few years back with my father in a Seat Leon. Was an awsome experience and I hope to spend some time in the UK/europe doing both track days and attending meets etc.

Peace!

Greetings newcomers

Welcome to the forum chap, we got you here in the end
    I'm arresting you for murdering my car you dyke digging tosspot

Regular
    Welcome both :D, so that makes Crossie, Crossle and now Crossy :D. Don'e be surprised if people send you pms calling you Ed or Paul, Joe :D.

Edit: Get build threads started in the members section, all 4 cars look very worthy!
    About.me - Twitter: @iOlly - Laps: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Kinghorn View Post
    Welcome to the forum chap, we got you here in the end
    Thanks buddy!

Regular

HI

Hi Everyone, Another newbie here

My names John, and I'm from Lancashire. I found the forum back in 2009 when I was planning my first trip the 'ring in my (classic) mini (I don't know why I never signed up), I'm planning another trip this year in my slightly bigger TT6 supra so thought I'd join up for more advice

I try to do as many track days as I can too although I'm currently re-shelling the supra due to getting a bit 'intimate' with a tyre wall at Castle Combe in september

Maybe a good time for a build thread

Castle combe. Been there, seen it, crashed it too

Welcome

Regular
    Thanks!
    I don't think many get away without crashing at Combe, I had a check for a after weeks after to see if I'd been immortalised on youtube (luckily not) and there's an awful lot of videos of people binning it

Regular
    Hello :)

I'm new to the forum and after a bit of trouble to get my account working, I can finally post here and introduce myself.

I'm Yotah1, aka Anthony in the real world, currently 26 years old, french living in Frankfurt in Germany right now.

I've discovered the forum through Michaela from the Guesthouse Fuchsrohre as I'm a returning customer (i guess I can pretty much call it my second home actually!) and also because I met Mark D during the Rad Am Ring 2012 as we were teammates, and should be again in 2013.

As I'm french, I currently drive a french car... yeah, well, I actually want a 911 but right now I have an RS, the first "sporty" car I could afford 2 years ago almost now. It's a Twingo, it needs more power, but it's fun to drive, and it kicks many butts on the Ring

Here's how it started in January 2011 for my first ever track laps / Ring laps

And here's how it looks today, 2 years and many euros later ...

I will create a topic in the appropriate area to present the car and the work done on it with photos a nice video or two to show off a bit :D
    There will be more to come as the future will be very "agitated" for the little RS ...

Regular
    Welcome to NL . Just posted in your car thread. Like that a lot
    SteveM owes me 5
    I owe Dan 5
    Steve. Pay the man!

Regular
    Hi there new here
    will be joining you all at Donington in Feb
    My name is Chris - my business is high st and internet retail - live Sheffield

did one track day last year - then decided i needed to race - before i die.
    joined Max5 in a mk1 mx5 - learned from youtube and on race days -
    my best race was last race of season Mallory Park

the clip below is from Alan in mk3 2.0L - gets going around 10 mins in - music is his son's band

I am in the orange one

view from my car "Satzoomer" I had to start from back of grid as i gave the first drive to my mate on that day - keeps the cost down

I am not the fastest or the best - just learning and having fun

http://youtu.be/coBll4GiA9g
    Last edited by Musketeer; 10-12-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Regular
    Welcome, loved Alan's blog and dreaming of racing 5s one day :D.
    About.me - Twitter: @iOlly - Laps: 68

Regular
    thanks - it was Alan's blog that helped me decide to join them, such a good read - he is a top bloke

Welcome to the forum

That was a good race loved every minute, managed to get my first podium on only the second time out the racing was close and a good mix of Mk1 and 3 great fun, just cannot wait for next season

Max5 racing car No 20
    Last edited by Paul Collins; 10-12-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Hi Paul.

Welcome to Northloop

Hi all from Jersey boy!

Thought I'd introduce myself, my names Ben and I live in Jersey, Channel Islands. I'm soon to be 28, I'm a firefighter and I love BMWs!

I'm a member on a couple of forums but only really use e36coupe.com. My cars include an e87 118d, an e30 325 tourer and an e36 m3 evo which is used mainly as a track or weekend toy.

Trackdays are something that only really hooked me about two years ago so I'm still fairly new to them, but do love them! We don't have any tracks in jersey so we have to travel to France so it can be quite expensive so I don't do as many as I would like. Hoping to do at least 6 French tracks next year and maybe some uk ones but the ferry alone normally costs 300 odd to the uk so once again all very expensive.

I bought the m3 initially as a road car two and a half years ago and I've been slowly working away at making it more use on track. I've got it off the road this winter for some more mods so it will change a bit but the rough spec is:

KW V1s with new top mounts front and rear
    Poly bushes everywhere apart from rear subframe (to be done)
    E46 compact steering rack and new rods
    Lots of wheels and tyres, team dynamics, slicks and A048s
    Porsche brembos and e46 m3 discs on the front
    Braided hoses all round including slave cylinder
    Ac schnitzer exhaust
    K&N induction kit
    Mishimoto alloy rad and samco hoses
    Mocal oil cooler and Mishimoto braided hoses
    Spa design oil and water temp gauge (half fitted)
    Air pump deleted, e46 m3 crank pulley
    Diff rebuilt with new plates and 3.64:1 CWP from and e46 m3
    Motocorsa dished wheel
    Sparco pro drive bucket seats

Right, sure that was a pretty boring read, here's a couple of pics!

Welcome to the forum, Ben, nice looking M3
    Here lies the body of Mary Lee, died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity, not a bad record for this vicinity.

Hello!

I've always been tempted to sign up to the forum as I know a few other chaps who use it regularly (Prawn, F-Stop Junkie), but never found the need until a discount code for a Donington day came along

I've been doing UK track days for a couple of years, and like Chris (Musketeer) and Paul (Collins) race in MaX5 (Mazda MX-5 series). We've had a couple of good tussles this year I can tell you! I'm in the Silver #28 Mk1 car in the video above, that comes past at ~10:40. The view from my car is in the link below too!

Here's a few of my vids for anyone interested. The cars and tracks are fairly varied, having had a go in a mate's M5 at Silverstone, another mate's Clio at Oulton, and having a Westfield and two MX-5s myself

http://www.youtube.com/user/thetart20?feature=mhee

Would love to get to the 'Ring at some point so maybe see some of you there!

Cheers,
    Adam
    Last edited by AdamR; 11-12-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Hello chaps - nice to see you.
    Do stick around and join in now

Regular

Talking

Not really "new" although I've not been on here since Nov 2009.......hoping to get a trip to the Nurburgring in this year.

Ditched the Diesel and bought a fun car again:

anyway Hi
    :-)

Chris
    XBL and PSN.... GT = y2blade
    feel free to add

Welcome, Chris, nice motor
    Here lies the body of Mary Lee, died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity, not a bad record for this vicinity.

Regular

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Welcome, Chris, nice motor
    Hi Adasmash.
    :-D
    feel free to add

Regular
    B Class Nurburgring Forza races were the best!

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    B Class Nurburgring Forza races were the best!
    oh yes :-D who are you on XBL?
    feel free to add

Regular
    My username is/was Darra, I hardly get time to play anymore.

Hello! never have introduced myself proper

I'm Steven, 25 years old from Aberdeen Scotland, working as a Mechanical Engineer for a large engineering design contractor

Got the bug for the nurburgring with my previous car, an EK9 civic

All build by myself on the driveway, including gearbox rebuild with short ratios and plated diff (best part of the car). as a 1.6, my best BTG was 8:20

Sold this car earlier last year after problems with a B18 engine then problems with a K20 swap i had enough! the money helped at the time as i was refurbishing my first piece of property, a flat that i bought

Currently i drive this, a 430bhp Audi S4 avant, built and tuned by MRC

Perfect for me with the roof rack for the bike and plenty space inside for the snowboards and such

Currently collecting parts to build an E46 M3 which will be used as a weekend toy / track car / nurburgring chariot - S4 will be kept as the 'sensible' motor

Will get a build thread up for the E46 in due course, already got a set of Pooky's Nitrons on order as well as lots of boxes filling up my living room

Quote Originally Posted by stevenEK9 View Post
    Hello! never have introduced myself proper

I'm Steven, 25 years old from Aberdeen Scotland, working as a Mechanical Engineer for a large engineering design contractor

Got the bug for the nurburgring with my previous car, an EK9 civic

All build by myself on the driveway, including gearbox rebuild with short ratios and plated diff (best part of the car). as a 1.6, my best BTG was 8:20

Sold this car earlier last year after problems with a B18 engine then problems with a K20 swap i had enough! the money helped at the time as i was refurbishing my first piece of property, a flat that i bought

Perfect for me with the roof rack for the bike and plenty space inside for the snowboards and such

Currently collecting parts to build an E46 M3 which will be used as a weekend toy / track car / nurburgring chariot - S4 will be kept as the 'sensible' motor

Will get a build thread up for the E46 in due course, already got a set of Pooky's Nitrons on order as well as lots of boxes filling up my living room

How do!
    Nice Noggy S4 BTW. So you've had the turbos swapped over for K04s then at some point...

Your seats would fetch a pretty penny with the colour scheme. I know of a ew Noggy owners that would bite your arm off for them. Do you have OEM Recaro subframes for them as well or a homebrew version?

Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine. Feckin things...

Wear Italian. Kiss French. Drive German.

Edit

Double post.
    Last edited by Stumpy; 13-01-2013 at 08:50 AM.
    Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine. Feckin things...

Wear Italian. Kiss French. Drive German.

Cheers!

i bought the car off a good mate of mine, it was one of the previous owners before him that had the work carried out - there is a bill for 7.5k alone for the engine work which does indeed include plain jane K04's, there are also 330mm AP racing 4 pots hiding in the front there...... spec of the car is fairly extensive

Engine

630cc injectors
    Bosch 044 fuel pump
    RS4 exhaust manifolds
    Milltek dual modified to fit APR 2.5" decat downpipes
    RS4 cams
    RS2 plugs
    K04 turbos - Plain Janes
    710n's
    AWE uprated SMIC's
    MRC Compression Lowering head gaskets
    MRC Custom Map
    MRC modded airbox
    Phenolic spacers.
    RS4 Clutch
    external oil cooler
    tuned by MRC - 440ps / 644nm

Brakes

AP Racing 330mm front brakes
    Facelift rear discs and calipers (All parts for B6 300mm conversion included in sale, will be fitted in the new year)

Body

Pre-facelift 1998
    Koni adjustable height and damping coilovers
    H&R ARB's front and rear plus MRC support brackets
    18" Rotiform replica wheels with 20mm rear / 15mm front spacers
    RS4 rear lights
    Aero wiper all round

Interior

Recaro Pole Position seats trimmed to match original interior
    alcantara armrest
    RS4 alcantara gear knob
    alcantara gear gator
    Sunroof
    AWE boost gauge

the seats are genuine pole positions mounted on genuine recaro subframes / genuine recaro side mounts! they would indeed fetch a pretty penny, but not a chance they will be removed :D

Steve I joined ek9 looking for one (id still love one but house purchase needs to be done first) and I followed your thread. Great great car and welcome
    Daily - Lean FR 1.4 (150) 5F
    Project - Astra Mk3 with Saab B204 engine (sitting in the garage)
    Track - Suzuki Swift ZC32 Ex Rent 4 Ring

the seats are genuine pole positions mounted on genuine recaro subframes / genuine recaro side mounts! they would indeed fetch a pretty penny, but not a chance they will be removed :D
    Welcome, and be careful...

http://www.northloop.co.uk/forum/sho...-Theft-Capital
    If the whole world was filled with just animals and David Attenborough, it would be a beautiful place. Unfortunately, it's been overrun by 7.7-billion assholes.

I like the S4

Welcome to the forum people

all good, they are targeting modern audis up here with spare keys in the gloveboxes, they probably look at mine and think it's a shitheap with a roof rack

Thumbs up New Guy

James is my name
    I drive a Mzada MX5

Modifactions

Sparco Sprint Seat/JB Fabrication Brackets
    310mm Steering Wheel/Sparco Snap Off Hub

Everything els is stanard mazda done a good enough job for my liking

I am from

Regular
    Hi I'm Dave.
    Just signed up after some trouble with log-ins
    been having a good lurk for a while though.

first went to the ring in summer 2011, got the bug and went twice last year.

Looking at getting a JK this year to learn the track properly.

Got a golf R for making my trips.

I've been tracking this around the uk for the last year or so. . .
    image.jpg
    know a couple of people on here and maybe will recognise a few faces/cars.

Regular
    Hello all!!...

I haven`t been active on this forum for quite a while,so i thought id introduce myself again,Im Steve,from sunny Birmingham.Since i joined the forum ive been to the ring 4 times now,3 trips in hot hatches,and last year i went over with my gsxr thou,to see how different it was on the bike....Faster!..
    Plans are afoot for my 5th trip in may this year,with a few other lads off this forum,but ill be taking my E46 M3 this time...over and out.

Regular
    Cheers!

i bought the car off a good mate of mine, it was one of the previous owners before him that had the work carried out - there is a bill for 7.5k alone for the engine work which does indeed include plain jane K04's, there are also 330mm AP racing 4 pots hiding in the front there...... spec of the car is fairly extensive

Engine

630cc injectors
    Bosch 044 fuel pump
    RS4 exhaust manifolds
    Milltek dual modified to fit APR 2.5" decat downpipes
    RS4 cams
    RS2 plugs
    K04 turbos - Plain Janes
    710n's
    AWE uprated SMIC's
    MRC Compression Lowering head gaskets
    MRC Custom Map
    MRC modded airbox
    Phenolic spacers.
    RS4 Clutch
    external oil cooler
    tuned by MRC - 440ps / 644nm

Brakes

AP Racing 330mm front brakes
    Facelift rear discs and calipers (All parts for B6 300mm conversion included in sale, will be fitted in the new year)

Body

Pre-facelift 1998
    Koni adjustable height and damping coilovers
    H&R ARB's front and rear plus MRC support brackets
    18" Rotiform replica wheels with 20mm rear / 15mm front spacers
    RS4 rear lights
    Aero wiper all round

Interior

Recaro Pole Position seats trimmed to match original interior
    alcantara armrest
    RS4 alcantara gear knob
    alcantara gear gator
    Sunroof
    AWE boost gauge

mmmmmmmmm lovely.
    Welcome along Steven.
    feel free to add

Hello everybody

I drive a Honda CRX from 1988
    I have been 4-5 time driving it on the Nring

Little upgrades:
    6pots Ksport Brake KIT 286mm
    Koni + H&R suspension
    Toyo R888
    Braid 15" ET15 Wheel (more wide)

Nice to drive on the ring.

Regular
    Hello everyone,

Well actually it is hello again, because I originally signed up to Northloop in 2007 but haven't really been active on here! However I recently started reading the posts and lurking on here again, so thought I should probably introduce myself (again).

My name is Paul and I can sometimes been seen on track in my blue Z3M Coupe.

Ring wise, I first did some TF laps in 1999 while attending the Oldtimers meeting. I subsequently got hooked on the place and have been going at least once a year since about 2004. I regularly did the BMW Fahrerlehrgang 3 day training course that used to take place in August and in the last couple of years I attended DN4 and DN6. It was through these trips that I got to meet a few of the people on here. I have now booked for DN7 and also Spa on the Sunday before, so hopefully will catch up or meet up with some of you there.

(This post represents a 25% increase in my contribution to Northloop in the last 6 years :-) I bet you can't wait for what I've got to say in the next 6!)

I would say welcome to the forum, but errrrrr ......... You've been here a while

Hello all,

Have lurked for a while. I have been at a few of the DN days.
    I'll be at DN7 and Spa beforehand with CD

See some of you there.

New from Northampton

Hi everyone , Im Greg

I live in Northampton and currently looking to start taking part in track days , All i have done so far is 1/4 mile sprints.

Going to Nurburgring in 15 days to drive four laps around the 'ring.

Will be looking through the forum for advice and ideas on what to do to my car.

I used to own a Corsa VXR Nurburgring but was a bit too juicy so i now have a 2011 Seat Ibiza 1.6TDI Sport , only things done so far is coilovers and a remap but will be looking to turn it into a track ready car.

Hope to see you all soon

ED4EC16A-701A-4E54-9C90-93DE89C48AFE-2837-0000014F0C39FB50.jpg38EBD066-9B99-4D42-B9E0-957CD02F8FFE-2837-0000014F13383501.jpg

hi and welcome to the forum

i think as a general rule track and car knowledge is key. Knowing what you feel is wrong or not as good on the car is more important than just changing parts for the "bling" factor

Welcome to the forum newbies. I look forward to seeing your cars in the members cars and projects section and you joining in the chat elsewhere

Thanks for the welcomes , Im not looking for the bling factor im looking to change parts to make me feel safer when going around the track.

I have a couple bits to sort before Germany which include a new hub or wishbone + new front brakes and a general check over.

Welcome to the madhouse!
    E30 325 shared ownership track car
    TT Roadster

"A bottle of wine contains more philosophy than all the books in the world."

+ Reply to Thread