+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: New users please sign in and say Hello!

Originally posted by Gutmann pug@Mar 21 2005, 10:46 PM
    What car were you in Blacky ........ I saw a few UK cars.

Silver type R
    skyline
    M3
    ????

You should have come and said hello. Im sure you couldnt have missed my old girl in the car park?

Gary
    I was in a 95 silver WRX with 17" speedlines.

When we were in the carpark there was no-one standing around the car so I never came over :rolleyes: ;)

What an experience...its more than I every could have imagined B)

Logan
    Cheers

Logan

Originally posted by BMG@Mar 21 2005, 09:33 PM
    Hi all,

Another newbie saying hi here. I've been to the 'Ring about 5 times now and have just booked to go for the Easter weekend , leaving 10 am SeaCat Thurs and back Monday,so maybe see some of you there. Here's a few pics of me from last year.

PS . Would really like to blag a passenger lap in a Caterham 7 or similar , if anyone would be so kind :D

Loverly car matey, ya best wear a lid though :o
    Sorry to sound like your parent but i had a stack last year and would have been a lot worse if i didnt have my lid on.

Originally posted by nozzer@Mar 21 2005, 11:00 PM
    Where are you staying? We are at Eddies, That is me and Dave(big Bear) and a passenger. A noble was coming but he blew big ends yesterday at rockingham, he is well gutted :(
    Im not sure where we are staying to be fair, Dave sorts that out. I would imagine it will be the apartement we use regularly. I have stayed at Eddies before, he is a good guy and I love it when he hangs his leather on the coat rack and they remain in his on bike shape, makes me chuckle.

Blacky I did overtake a silver wrx STi, it wasnt you was it :rolleyes:

Gary .............. 2 weeks and counting, tick tick tick tick
    I'm arresting you for murdering my car you dyke digging tosspot

Originally posted by Gutmann pug@Mar 22 2005, 10:51 AM
    Blacky I did overtake a silver wrx STi, it wasnt you was it :rolleyes:

Don't think so mate....unless you were going sooo fast I never saw you ;)
    Cheers

Logan

Hi all you new guys. Welcome.

Hope to see you all there this year! :D

Im there 1st - 4th April :D

Morning! :)

MattOz checking in to say Hi! The "Ring Taxi" will be back at the Ring in May, and looking forward to some smokey laps! LOL :D

Matt

Hi Matt.

Glad to see you made it over here.

Gary

Hi Matt, welcome! :D

Just found the forum and would like to doff my cap to the regulars here. Seems to be a very good vibe and a litle less cliquey than some other 'Ring web forums.

Be gentle with me. I write about cars for a living.

Heh - Just checked my member number. :huh:
    What is a cheggars?

Hi Andy.

Come in sit down, put your feet up and enoy yourself.

How are we getting some free advertising out of you, thats what I want to know?????

Gary

Dave,
    In case you hadn't realised Andy is the guy with the MR 340 from September. We have watched his mate Matt's EVO lap a couple of times.

Matt was four up in the Evo and was lairying around a bit on some of the corners just for fun. I was in the car with him when he was on a hot lap and did 7:54 BTG. That was interesting!
    What is a cheggars?

7.54 are you sure??? jeeeeees that is quick. I would like to see video evidence though :D :D :D

Gary

Yep, 7.54 is bastard quick :blink:

I have only seen 1 video lap of a car that went quicker.

That was a very experienced Swedish guy who races in the 24 hour driving a GT3 in 7.45.

Dave :ph43r:
    Has left the building..................

Hi,

Name is Tony and come from Cornwall. Been a car freak as long as I can remember and discovered the Nordschleife through a friend of mine who happens to be a senior writer for Autocar.

Been to the 'ring six times so far and am going this weekend too. Learnt the 'ring driving a Focus RS for the first two trips, which was fabulous, but have several nice friends who let me drive their cars (Caterham R400, and R500, GT3 etc).

I have been bitten by the Nurburg bug so badly that I am currently having an old E36 M3 converted to track spec. specifically for Germany!

Love the site,

Keep up the good work.

T

Hi Tony and welcome.

So are you going to be there this weekend?2nd - 4th april. If you are you will meet Dave and I for sure. What car / reg are we looking for?

Gary

Regular
    Hi,
    Just found this forum - been on the ringers list for years - didn't know this one existed!
    Anyway been to the ring several times over the last 7 or 8 years in various cars, hope to be back there again soon!

Hi Gary

Not quite sure yet! The R400 spat it's coolant last weekend so we're trying to get that fixed in time. There is an R500 and a GT3 going and I will hopefully be borrowing a Clio V6 as my M3 is not ready yet! Don't want to take my 'road' M3 as I broke both front subframe mounts and set the brakes alight last time! The alternative is a Fiesta ST which would probably be quite a giggle on the track (if a little slow - especially up the Kesselchen) but I'm not sure I can bring myself to drive it half way across continental europe to find out!!

Maybe see you there

T

P.s. Have you seen the forecast - sunny all weekend - can't wait!!
    F15 X5 40e family truck
    M135i daily driver inbound
    Shitbox Racing Golf VR6
    Mk2 MX5 - Maybe sometime in the next decade to be a Lexus V8 engine riot.......

Good news about the forecast Tony.

Make sure you come and say hello as it sounds like it will be easier for you to find me than vica versa. You wont miss my 205, trust me :D

see you over there and lets hope for a good one.

Gary

Originally posted by Lordschleife@Mar 29 2005, 05:06 PM
    Hi,
    Just found this forum - been on the ringers list for years - didn't know this one existed!
    Anyway been to the ring several times over the last 7 or 8 years in various cars, hope to be back there again soon!
    Welcome Robin, we've not been around that long, but hopefully we'll be around for a while!

Hi Tony, welcome to the site.

Hope both of you enjoy it and find it useful.

Clare
    xx

Hi Gary

Just had conf. that I can borrow the Black Mk2 Clio V6 - should be fairly easy to spot!

I'll look for the Pug.

Have a good trip over!

T
    F15 X5 40e family truck
    Shitbox Racing Golf VR6

Tony,

See you over there mate. We will all be there.

Gary

Ill be there from friday in a e46 M3 silver, ill come and say hello :rolleyes:

See you there nozzer

Looks like it's going to be a good one! :D :D

Check out http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/Germany.htm to see why!

See you all there.

T
    F15 X5 40e family truck
    Shitbox Racing Golf VR6

Just a few words to say hello :D

Some of you may know me from the 'ringers list, post there occasionally. Drive a mk2 Golf GTI 16v use it as a daily driver and track day car, lots more info on my site.

Been to the 'ring 4 times since 2000 and love the place, usually stay at Sliders :D

Will be there for a long weekend end of July/August this year , hope to see some of you there.

Gary

Welcome GVK.

Our trip diary is pinned on the board so you can see when we will be over there.......did I mention we are going tomorrow morning :D

Gary

Wotchya Gary, not you, Gary, I meant Gary. S'lovely and sunny, roll on 2.15. :P
    Here lies the body of Mary Lee, died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity, not a bad record for this vicinity.

See you tomorrow Karl ...... got your cough medicine. Had to make two trips though bought chesty istead of dry :angry:

gonna take a walk up to AF this weekend and try to catch Dave spinning on camera :D

See ya

Gary

Originally posted by Karl@Apr 1 2005, 09:26 AM
    Wotchya Gary, not you, Gary, I meant Gary. S'lovely and sunny, roll on 2.15. :P
    I thought you'd be lurking around here somewhere :lol:

What a perfect weekend! Clear skies, fairly empty track, good beer and decent company. Good to meet you over there, even if it was fleeting!

Hope you had a good trip back again - my journey was only 12 hours (all the way back to Cornwall) this time as opposed to 17hrs on the way out. Not having the Caterham dump it's coolant (again) did help!

Sorry about the spin Gary - it take lots of practice and REAL skill to pull off a complete 360 at Brunnchen without touching the grass :P ......... guess the mid-engined Clio WAS as twitchy as we suspected after all !!

Still, the road trips to and from Germany are almost the best bit af the weekend for me, although my mate did pop in a 8.18 (between the bridges a la Clarkson) in the Fiesta ST! - flat from Aremburg, through Fuchsrohre AND the following left - if it hadn't been him driving I would have been scared sh*tless!!)

Don't think I will be able to get out again until September as I have a busy hotel to run and we are coming into the main season. I'll keep in touch through the forum, but will hope to catch up again at the end of the summer.

I did take a French bloke out for a lap in the Clio, which he filmed and promised to send a copy. If it isn't too scrappy you are welcome to it if you wish. (I shan't be put out if you don't!!)

Cheers

Tony

p.s. Did you see Sabine and the Top Gear crew trying to crack 10 minutes in a Ford Transit? Apparently when Clarkson was out there she claimed that she could do 10 minutes in a truck. She was chatting to us in the Pistenklause on Saturday night and had apparently got it down to a 10.08, but the top speed of 90mph was making life difficult! Not sure what the final outcome was, but no doubt it will turn up on TG later this year!
    F15 X5 40e family truck
    Shitbox Racing Golf VR6

It was nice to meet you too Tony. Just got back about an hour ago. Not such a long journey for me.

The spin in the clio was fine mate :o The car used to be on my christmas list, but i've scrubbed it off now :rolleyes:

Dave got interviewed by richard hammond on camera, but im sure he will be along soon enough to tell you about that :D

8.18 in a fiesta ST ........ your having a laff aren't you??? I would like to see a video of that for sure.

Get a hold of the video of you in the clio and I will see what I can do with it ;)

Gary

Look forward to seeing Dave making his guest appearance on TG later in the year.........can I have your autograph?! :D

I'm serious about the 8.18...but sadly it wasn't recorded. That makes it about an 8.35 full lap in my book, but to be fair the bloke who was driving came 10th in the 24hr race a couple of years ago and has posted a 7.50 full lap in the grey R500 that was there. You think that you know the track until someone does it properly.... very humbling but great fun!

I'll let you know about the video of the Clio if it ever turns up. You are right to strike it from your Christmas list. Whilst it was a fun car the drive back I don't think that I would ever trust it properly, and certainly wouldn't want to push it in the wet! Amazing how much attention it got in Belgium, every man and his dog in 'cooking' Clios were suddenly desperate to get past me to have a look, even though there was a GT3 and a Caterham just in front - both much faster than me! Don't totally understand, but it does look quite naughty!

Anyway - here's to the next trip.

Cheers

T
    F15 X5 40e family truck
    Shitbox Racing Golf VR6

Tony.

I can quite imagine that the Clio would get loads of attention its a great looking car, very metro 6R4 ish In my opinion.

8.18 is mental, although to be honest I cant get my head around it. Sabine only does 8.15 in a 340bhp M5, can't see how 150BHP can ever acheive that :o However saying that nothing would suprise me round there.......

Glad you got back ok and the next 5 weeks is going to feel very very long time.....

Gary

Originally posted by Gutmann pug@Apr 5 2005, 08:41 AM
    Glad you got back ok and the next 5 weeks is going to feel very very long time.....

Why? :huh:
    Here lies the body of Mary Lee, died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity, not a bad record for this vicinity.

Was chris driving the fiesta?

Yes he was Nozzer - if you know him you will also know how f*cking fast he is!.

Although, Gary, you aren't exactly comparing like with like. Sabine's lap in the M5 is a complete lap during a closed session where she could gun it all the way down the Hohe straight and didn't have to stop at the pits (likewise Phil Bennett's 7.14 lap in the Radical Turbo). The Fiesta lap was between the Am Tiergarten Bridge and the gantry at the beginning of the straight which, since Clarkson's programme, is now De Rigeur and removes about a mile of the course (call it 20 - 30 seconds depending on how fast your car is.)

At the end of the day, it wasn't recorded, so I have no proof - make your own mind up!!

However, I can assure you that it was bloody quick and it does show is how fast Stefan Belloff's 6.11 still is!

Cheers

T
    F15 X5 40e family truck
    Shitbox Racing Golf VR6

I knew where you were measuring from and too Tony. I just struggle with the 8.18. If you know Ed Healy then you will know that he destroys 172 clio's round the ring in 8.40 at best. He is also a very good driver with more laps under his belt then ive had hot dinners. I just cant see how the humble fiesta with 22bhp less can knock a further 22 seconds off this time.
    At the end of the day its all healthy discussion and keeps this place alive and interesting :D

Oh and Sabines time is BTG too ;)

Gary

;)

Regular
    I caught the Fiesta STi at Schwedenkreuz on one lap over the weekend - I actually wanted to apologise to the driver after the lap because we had a slight misunderstanding. He signalled right as we approached the corner, but I didn't particularly want to overtake going through the most dangerous corner on the Ring, so I tucked in behind him for a while.

He went right round the outside of the corner to make room which was exceedingly generous, and I eventually pootled past on the approach to Aremburg. I felt I'd ruined his lap because of this - sorry!

That car was certainly shifting, I had another 100 bhp on top of what he had, but I was surprised how well he kept up down Fuchsrohre.

Was there more than one person driving the car over the weekend? I was in a blue UK registered 968, in case it jogs any memories. There was a passenger in the STi.

8.18 is a seriously impressive time for that car, but I beleive it. It was flying when I saw it B)

Euan
    When the flag drops, the bullshit stops!

As you say - makes for a lively debate - not sure I wish to drive a Fiesta all the way across Europe again to clarify it once and for all! I totally accept what you are saying, and if I was one of your other members reading this debate, I would think I was talking sh*t too! Ah well, here's to the next time! :)

Who took the photo above? It could be me driving, but I have no idea who is in the passenger seat?! :huh:

T
    F15 X5 40e family truck
    Shitbox Racing Golf VR6

It was my picture Tony and yes it does look like you driving.

If Euan says it was quick then it was.

Gary

Couple more pics for you

Gary

Thanks for the pics - however, if it was me driving the Clio (and it probably was), how far am I from the rumble strip?!! Not one of my better racing lines...... but fun nonetheless! :D :blink:

T
    F15 X5 40e family truck
    Shitbox Racing Golf VR6

Originally posted by Tony@Apr 5 2005, 02:58 PM
    The Fiesta lap was between the Am Tiergarten Bridge and the gantry at the beginning of the straight which, since Clarkson's programme, is now De Rigeur and removes about a mile of the course (call it 20 - 30 seconds depending on how fast your car is.)
    Sorry to be a pedant, but BTG timing was introduced just after the plans for stone henge were drawn up. ;)

PMSL .......

I stand corrected Karl :unsure: :P
    F15 X5 40e family truck
    Shitbox Racing Golf VR6

Gary,

Chris has done the 24hr Race numerous times, he does know it, 8:18 is however seriously quick. He was the one driving the "911 GB" GT3 for most the weekend.
    Found the piccies yet?

Just trying to get them ready for the site now mate.

Gary

Ta, How did the bullitcam work in the end?

Bullet cam was fine for rear facing from the roll cage mount. The front facing cage mount mucked the light up so didnt work too well. Dashboard cam was fine.

To be honest by the time I had sorted it all out I only got a couple of laps. Its all learning though and im ready for next month ;)

Was this your car?

Gary

+ Reply to Thread