+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: New users please sign in and say Hello!

Regular
    hi im a friend of dan the man who told me about this site.i drive a honda civic type r and hopefully ill be coming to the ring this year.not much else to say really.

p.s how you doing allan(autohabit)!!
    2007 Civic Type R FN2

Dan, Mick, good to see you both on here, we must firm up a date for a Ring trip, I will email you both.

Alan

Regular
    Sweet mick, you got yourself on at last!

Bread van typeR to the party!

DTM
    if in doubt, give the VTEC a shout!!!!

Hi Micky, I had a great play with a Civic Type R at the ring last year. Wasn't you was it? Or have you not taken it there yet?

Clare

Regular
    no it wasn't me who you were playing with lol......on aserious note .no i havn't taken it there yet but hoping to do this july.
    2007 Civic Type R FN2

Well, we're there on the weekend of the 23rd, so may be able to have a play then ;) :D LOL

Regular
    that is the weekend im thinking of going with dan the man and allan (m3) see u there then :D
    2007 Civic Type R FN2

Regular
    ill leave you two to play while il be up ahead playing with the lap times and my life ...lol

Should be good crack that, i said to alan last year..the only thing missing from this place is some female company! Dont worry ..know your shacked up but stuck with males for 4 days does nothing for a boy of 24..female friendly banter is always needed!
    look forward to meeting you all then, names to faces and all that.

DTM :D

Bring ya wimmin then!

However, beware because if they like it, it could be expensive!

Regular
    unfortunatley women and tegs never has gone for me!! lol

too loud, too hard, why do have to always do that!!(sideways at 80 is never good)
    seats hard to get out off..etc etc and so on and so forth!!

but im sure u will disagree about every point being a track girlie!!

dtm

Hi Clare & Dave! :) Long time no see! hope you are well.

Well i still have my slightly dented subaru sport! and also now a black bug wrx :D

Im wanting to do some track days, a novice by all accounts so need to get some practice in or possibly passenger with some lovely people to show me how its done!

Hi Stef! How's married life then? Treating you well I hope.

Can't believe you've still got that old car. If you want to come to the ring, we would be happy to give you some passenger laps or to give you some tips while you drive.

We may also do a track day here in the next few months, keep visiting us here and we'll post up any forthcoming events.

Hope you enjoy the site :D

New user here!!!

Names Simon and drive a 93 Clio Valver with the 2lt Willy engine. Im a good friend of Dan the Man and MickyP. Want to do the ring this year with the boys but not sure if to take the Clio or not!!! I NEED to go honda before then im thinking :)

Anyway! hope to have some good chats with you lot. i'll stick pics of my car up soon.

Simon

Hi It is thanks :D well my meals have improved ;) :o :D

The car is still going strong havent quite let it go yet!

i would love to go to the ring! im sure Beth would too. i think im still at the slightly nervous stage lol.Well if ickle Hollie loves it then im sure it must be ok! :D
    So whats the usual steps of a novice...what i would like to do is definately go to more trackdays to passenger, havent been in years. Get to know the tracks & see how its done. Then the next step, the apprehension of taking your own car out...

Originally posted by Supersy@Mar 4 2005, 10:30 AM
    Want to do the ring this year with the boys but not sure if to take the Clio or not!!! I NEED to go honda before then im thinking :)
    The Clio will be fine!

The first trip is all about learning anyway.......and letting the bug bite.

If getting the Honda means spending money that you could spend going to the ring........then dont get it.

....goodness know what car I could afford if I was not interested in the ring.

Dave :ph43r:
    Has left the building..................

Regular
    (honda has a double meaning...reliability) think thats what hes getting at! as worried his valver wouldnt make the trip after playing on the bahns and the ring she could die a death!! but fingers crossed eh si.

nice to see u on fat lad!

dan :D

Regular
    welcome in si....you better get on :rolleyes: the ring this year lad don't be letting us down
    2007 Civic Type R FN2

Hello to all you newbies ...... come in sit down, put your feet up and enjoy yourself.

Gary
    I'm arresting you for murdering my car you dyke digging tosspot

Regular
    should that not say.

get in, sit down, buckle up, shut up and hold the fu*k on???

:D :D :D

Welcome Si!

She'll be OK, just make sure you have european breakdown cover. Gary has been taken home on the back of a truck before and it saves putting mileage on..... :D

Seriously, if the car is looked after and has not been unreliable before, why shouldn't it be OK?

Clare

Originally posted by Clarebabes@Mar 6 2005, 09:51 AM
    Welcome Si!

She'll be OK, just make sure you have european breakdown cover. Gary has been taken home on the back of a truck before and it saves putting mileage on..... :D

Seriously, if the car is looked after and has not been unreliable before, why shouldn't it be OK?

Clare
    Dont know really! ive never had any probs apart from the gearbox and that was replaced with a brand new one only 3 months ago at great expense so shouldnt be any probs.

i really want a ITR though!!!!

If you want one, can afford one, get one! Simple really.... :D

Clare

Bugger! Should really see who's logged in before posting!

:D

Originally posted by Clarebabes@Mar 6 2005, 08:31 PM
    Bugger! Should really see who's logged in before posting!

pair of cross dressers if you ask me :D :D :D

Originally posted by Diver944+Mar 7 2005, 01:09 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Diver944 @ Mar 7 2005, 01:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Clarebabes@Mar 6 2005, 08:31 PM
    Bugger&#33; Should really see who&#39;s logged in before posting&#33;

pair of cross dressers if you ask me :D :D :D [/b][/quote]
    LOL :D

Originally posted by Davyboy@Mar 6 2005, 06:33 PM
    If you want one, can afford one, get one&#33; Simple really.... :D

Clare
    when put like that it is really&#33;

Another new user checking in. :rolleyes:

Firstly, well done to Clare, Hollie, Dave, Gary and anyone else who has helped get northloop.co.uk off the ground. Just what was needed for all Ring addicts.

Well a bit about meÖ.my name is Chris and Iím 34 years old. Live, born and bred in Essex Ė but donít hold it against me&#33;

Been into cars, motorsport and generally anything a self respecting petrol head likes for as long as I can remember. I regularly bore my friends, family and anyone else who will listen about something car related.

Currently drive a Subaru Impreza STi7 which was preceded by a variety of cars which were almost as expensive to insure and run&#33; :(

I discovered this website via good old Scoobynet. Iím sure there are many users on this site who are familiar with SNet from current or past Scoob ownership.

My Ring experience to date is limited to one lapÖyes just the one. This was a few years ago on a flying visit returning from Austria. We arrived one mid week evening just in time to get a lap in before closing time. Iím planning to increase my number of laps later this year when I and a fellow petrol head friend do a long weekend to the Ring. We head out of Dover on 13 May and return on 16 May. Iíll be in the Scoob and my friend in his Porsche 964 C2. From the videos/pics Iíve seen I donít think weíll be the only Scooby & Porsche at the Ring&#33;&#33;

Iím looking fwd to meeting as many Northloop users as possible while weíre at the Ring. Oh yeah and as Iím virtually a Ring Virgin Iíll be looking to bag as many passenger laps as I can to pick up hints/tips and generally help me climb the massive learning curve Iím expecting.

Thatís enough for now. Cheers.

Chris
    2013 VW Passat Alltrack - the tow car
    1991 VW Golf GTi - the towed car

Welcome Hammoc ..... I think I know that name from SN ;)

You will get to meet all the Northloop team on the weekend in May as its one of our planned trips this year. Would be nice to see a sticker on your and your mates car when you arrive :D

Glad you could make it onto here. Feel free to ask anything you like and hopefully Clare will be updating the main site today with directions to the ring from Calais.

Gary

Oh and we accept any kind of members on here, even subaru driving ones :D

Oh and Chris, you forgot to mention that you work with my sister&#33;

I&#39;m nothing like her, so don&#39;t think it will be like a busman&#39;s holiday :D

Originally posted by Gutmann pug@Mar 10 2005, 08:52 AM
    Oh and we accept any kind of members on here, even subaru driving ones :D

Originally posted by Gutmann pug@Mar 10 2005, 07:52 AM
    Welcome Hammoc ..... I think I know that name from SN ;)

That is me :D

Originally posted by Clarebabes@Mar 10 2005, 10:12 AM
    Oh and Chris, you forgot to mention that you work with my sister&#33;

I&#39;m nothing like her, so don&#39;t think it will be like a busman&#39;s holiday :D
    I was going to mention that, but I was worried about the flack I&#39;d get if she got mentioned on this &#39;public&#39; forum ;)

Kinda guessed you were nothin&#39; like her. For the avoidance of doubt neither am I :D

Regular
    Hi , just want to introduce myself ,

My name is Ben i live in Southampton where i have a boat building business and i have just got myself an Audi S4 , needs afew bit doing to it but will be there soon &#33; Have not been to the ring for a few years now , it was on a bike but i have realised the error in my ways &#33;&#33;

Looking to hook up with people that have more exp. on the ring than i do and that i could poss meet up with for my first trip in a car ?

I love the website &#33; i have managed to get more usable info from it than anything else that i have found so far &#33;&#33; well done :D

Ben

Welcome C4S4. Glad you like the site.

Im not far down the road from you in Andover.

Have a look in at the pinned topics and you will see our planned trips for this season. If you fancy it then meet us over there and we can have have a beer or two.

First trip is this Saturday and I cant wait

Gary

Regular
    another n00bie checking in&#33;

Err well, my name&#39;s Ross and I&#39;m based in Maidstone (sadly :(), I&#39;m 29 and own a modified Civic Type R (I found my way over here via the CTR forums)

My car is mildly modified with a Spoon N1 catback, GruppeM carbonfibre induction kit and a Hondata KPro ECU (fully user-mapable) being the main mods, with a few other Spoon Sports perfomance goodies/shiny-bits that aren&#39;t really worth mentioning.

Got my first trip to the &#39;ring booked for 25th to the 28th March so I&#39;m being a busy bunny trying to learn the track using GT4 - although being a ring virgin I&#39;m no way gonna be pushing it in the slightest 1st time out.

Think thats about it really&#33;

Regular
    Originally posted by evilowl@Mar 16 2005, 12:58 PM
    another n00bie checking in&#33;

Err well, my name&#39;s Ross and I&#39;m based in Maidstone (sadly :(), I&#39;m 29 and own a modified Civic Type R (I found my way over here via the CTR forums)

My car is mildly modified with a Spoon N1 catback, GruppeM carbonfibre induction kit and a Hondata KPro ECU (fully user-mapable) being the main mods, with a few other Spoon Sports perfomance goodies/shiny-bits that aren&#39;t really worth mentioning.

Got my first trip to the &#39;ring booked for 25th to the 28th March so I&#39;m being a busy bunny trying to learn the track using GT4 - although being a ring virgin I&#39;m no way gonna be pushing it in the slightest 1st time out.

Think thats about it really&#33;
    welcome ctr buddy&#33;&#33;&#33; so you spotted my post then on the ctr forum..I&#39;m going the ring this year for the first time as well on the weekend of july 23rd(i think thats the date set).let me know how you go on.
    2007 Civic Type R FN2

Hi, registered today having got the link from 205driver&#39;s forum which Gary posts on sometimes, though I think in actual fact all his posts on there are actually just plugs for this place&#33; ;) :P

I&#39;ve got a 205Mi16 which I use for trackdays, of which I&#39;ve done quite a few (footage on www.98ron.com), but not been to the Ring yet with it; hoping to do so this year tho I think it&#39;ll be a fair while until I&#39;d be anywhere near learning it&#33;&#33;&#33;

Chris.

Hi Ben, Ross & yet another Chris (that&#39;s about 7 now isn&#39;t it? ;) )

I&#39;m glad you found us and have managed to gain some good info from the site. I am trying to update it as and when the boys give me stuff to put on.

We&#39;re always looking for suggestions and if you&#39;re a newbie, what do you need to know?

Hammoc, glad about that ;)

Ross, don&#39;t suppose you have a big driveway? :D We&#39;re looking for parking down your way :D

All of you welcome, enjoy your stay.

Clare
    xx

Greetings from another newbie B)

Been to the &#39;ring once during the really busy weekend last Sept. Didn&#39;t take my car (M3 CSL) but took my friends M3. He&#39;s an experienced ADAC 24Hr racer who usually finishes in the top#15... so it was good to get that advice/experience before we go out again in my car.

What was the reg of your M3 elliot? We were there in September and you never know we may have pics lurking around somewhere.

Oh and welcome by the way......

Gary

I can&#39;t remember what the numberplate is, but it&#39;s a dark blue one (Coupe). It was the weekend JC and the Top Gear crew were there - had a 30 min chat with him, funny chap&#33; :D

Regular
    yep i was there too and mentally busy&#33; also my first time, ill check my photos and have a look for the said m3.

clarkson was down to earth yeah, lanky sod :lol:

dtm :D
    if in doubt, give the VTEC a shout&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

This is the only picture I&#39;ve been able to find online (Gareth driving - look at the focus :D me passenger)

Regular
    Hi all,

Another newbie saying hi here. I&#39;ve been to the &#39;Ring about 5 times now and have just booked to go for the Easter weekend , leaving 10 am SeaCat Thurs and back Monday,so maybe see some of you there. Here&#39;s a few pics of me from last year.

PS . Would really like to blag a passenger lap in a Caterham 7 or similar , if anyone would be so kind :D

This is a sanctimonious crap free zone.

lovely car - and welcome&#33;

Dave :ph43r:

Hello peeps

I am usually found on scoobynet and scoobycity. Was at the Ring for the first time yesterday as I am curently working in Cologne and have my Scooby over there.

What an experience :D :D :D B) I am now hooked :D

Only did 2 laps but I will defo be back.

Saw a few UK cars there B)
    Cheers

Logan

What car were you in Blacky ........ I saw a few UK cars.

Silver type R
    skyline
    M3
    ????

You should have come and said hello. Im sure you couldnt have missed my old girl in the car park?

Gary

Hi
    Nozzer from scoobynet and scoobyzone from the bristol area, April 1-4th will be my 3rd visit to the ring. I will be in my silver &#39;52 M3, anybodyelse there that weekend?

Hi Nozzer. Dave and I will be back over there that weekend. As will Clare and Emma this time too.

Gary

Where are you staying? We are at Eddies, That is me and Dave(big Bear) and a passenger. A noble was coming but he blew big ends yesterday at rockingham, he is well gutted :(

+ Reply to Thread