+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Northloop Fat Fighters

New thread!

So, a relatively inactive 2009 saw me shoot back up to my old weight of 110kg (ish) after being 98kg in Nov 2008.

Due to moving house/CIMA I've been so busy and not had enough time to exercise as much as I'd like.

This year, more effort directed towards exercising.

Due to a heavy December, I was creeping towards 115kg!!!!

After Xmas I started eating better and exercising..........

I'm now down to 110kg again.

1) Dave G - 110kg - 15/01/2010
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Anyone else care to join. I'll update weekly!

My aim is under 100kg by end May. :whistle:

Regular
    According to my work's "Fat Club" offical figures:

07/01/2010 Paul
    Height 1.89m
    Chest 43"
    Waist 41.5"
    Hips 44"
    Weight 100.0kg
    BMI 27.9
    Fat Ratio 31.5
    W/H Ratio 0.94
    BMI Status Overweight
    FR Status Obese
    Oh, this is a one man job. A very big man with six arms and enough ears for each one of your fcuking suggestions

Originally posted by Nige@Jan 15 2010, 02:04 PM
    coincidence ??
    That's what reminded me. :thumb:

I'm 83.8 kg, as opposed to usually being 80, 81ish.

Gym tonight and I have been on my special deit this week, By the end of next week, I'll be at 81 again LOL
    Ermmmmm

Originally posted by Weeman@Jan 15 2010, 02:26 PM
    my special diet this week
    Ex-Lax?

1000 - 1500 calories a day, squash and Gym, two weeks and gone, then it slows reet down though. :lol:
    Ermmmmm

Regular
    Originally posted by Weeman@Jan 15 2010, 02:26 PM
    I'm 83.8 kg, as opposed to usually being 80, 81ish.
    Full or empty bladder?
    Oh, this is a one man job. A very big man with six arms and enough ears for each one of your fcuking suggestions

Regular
    About 90kgs.
    Might be 88kgs in an hour though....
    Hope to get down to about 85kgs for Summer. Exercise and normal eating.
    If a man speaks his mind in a forest and no woman hears him...is he still wrong ?

Originally posted by Crossle@Jan 15 2010, 05:14 PM
    Full or empty bladder?
    LOL you know me if its full it only holds about 100 ml's :lol:
    Ermmmmm

Northloop Fat Fighters, aka free bhp/cheapskate tuning club :P

I got down to 93.3kgs from 95.5kgs. Then Christmas happened :whistle:

I will weigh myself in a week or so.
    I'm arresting you for murdering my car you dyke digging tosspot

Do we not use stones and lbs anymore :o

I have just changed the scales to kgs 121.5 needless to say I have heavy bones!!

I started playing squash again this week, I actually thought I was going to die, and the next day I couldn't walk. Been out on the mountain bike and have started eating healthily. My goal is 16.5 stone by June!!

Regular
    I'm 20 stone and 6ft 8.Many of my chums moan when i go in thier car as i affect the handling apparently.Don't do diets,they are harmfull.

I'm 113kg's after enjoying xmas :lol:

Not good though, 100kg is the target :thumb:

I've been fluctuating between 92 and 94 kg, even over christmas

I weighed in at 89kg beginnning of december but, that was before the silly season kicked in :drink:
    No longer sponsored by Floyd.

987.1 Boxster S
    F21 120d Msport

Originally posted by T5 Ben@Jan 16 2010, 04:09 PM
    I'm 20 stone and 6ft 8.Many of my chums moan when i go in thier car as i affect the handling apparently.Don't do diets,they are harmfull.
    Blimey - you play basketball :fish:
    I'm arresting you for murdering my car you dyke digging tosspot

I was 108kg this morning. Will be bit more this evening as my weight goes up during the day by about 1kg.

The lightest I've been since 2008.

Cycle ride tomorrow. :thumb:

I need to loose half a stone by my birthday. I am NOT starting adulthood over 9 stone as I know it's a slippery slope from there :lol:

I'm 5ft 7 btw so I'm not a huge heffer. Well according to Ross I probably am :whistle:
    Alfa Romeo GT Junior (was 1300 now 2000), MX-5 Eunos - UB approved, C43 AMG wagon - UB approved, W202 C240 - UB approved - barge, R53 Cooper S (without engine) - Not UB approved.

9 stone and that short? :fishing: Sheesh :o When i was 18 i was 6'1 and 9 1/2 stone :lol: Safe to say i weigh a lot more now :whistle:

OI! Well you were lanky then.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Alfa Romeo GT Junior (was 1300 now 2000), MX-5 Eunos - UB approved, C43 AMG wagon - UB approved, W202 C240 - UB approved - barge, R53 Cooper S (without engine) - Not UB approved.

:angry:
    Maybe :shame:
    I don't think you need to lose half a stone ;) If you feel unfit, do exercise, you may weigh more but you will be fitter and probably slimmer ;)

I don't feel un-fit. Just need to slim down a bit :whistle:

77kilos and 6'2"

Aiming for 80kilos and in better shape... weight has been gained slightly since my last post, just attempting to tone up now. Used to fight at a much lower weight, not sure how I did it now, was the only 6 footer+ in my weight category in the Midlands. Scrawny but toned to fcuk, aiming to look healthy and relatively toned now... :) I used to train 3/4 times a week - not going back to that, but need to do something. :karl:

New motive to do so now, in the words of Tim;

"theres this girl..." :boom:
    Current; Smart ForTwo(7) and a BMW 120d Sport (Co car)

Previous; Honda S2000 (0) and Mazda Mx5 Mk2 Sport (10) Boring Diesel DSG Golf (Co car)

Regular
    I lost a stone last year by one simple method......

In the knowledge that my willpower is lame I gave my wife 500 and told her she could keep it if I did not loose a stone in 6 weeks.

I needed the dough to get my track car back on the road so I actually needed the 500 to fund the move. This proved to be a great motivator. Cycling and healthy eating meant that I shattered the target !

Try it !
    Ω - Das ber Barge - Audi A4 Avant with S-Line kit - remapped with 310 torques

The Patriot - MY93 WRX with JDM STi7 engine, FMIC, TD05-16G... 350 bhp / 350 torques

Still going well......

Been on the Wii Fit Personal Trainer thing at home, it's actually surprisingly good!!

Went out and did 27 miles on the bike this afternoon.

Eating well too, very bloody well actually.

Need to stick at it.

Weighed myself this morning 82.5kg.

I'm looking to get my weight down to about 65-70kg this year.

Going well so far as I have lost about 3kg since xmas :thumb:
    Pioneer of the Northloop lunge
    Daily: Ford Kuga 2.0 tdci - Family wagon
    SteveM owes me 5.

I'm now whatever 15st is in kilos :o

I've decided to forget about weight and just get fit and eat healthy. That way, it will work itself out :thumb:
    Dunlop Direzzas. Officially better than aero.

I went to Sunday circuit training this morning... Bloody hard work.

Then, went to a late lunch... Ate what I just lost and probably more. Just had a glass of wine and a box of posh cheese puffs left over for Christmas. And to top it off, haven't even had the HUGE Sunday roast yet!

So, diet and healthy gym bunny starts on Monday....

Regular
    It is official, building a track car helps you lose weight!! :D

In the past month I have lost a stone in weight whilst getting my garage ready, and ripping the car apart!! Shame I have got a long way to go before I can even dream of fitting in a Recaro! :whistle:

Ian...

Right, where can I get a track car from? And learn how to do it? :fish:

Im joining... since I also had some new years resolutions...
    4-5 kilos down would be great... (means getting good under 70kg... hell Im a big girl)

but got allready two kilos down by eating after 1400h no carbohydrates just proteins! works perfect... slowly but propper! and its nice to eat a steak in the night :D
    and of course sports... :fight:

looking forward to a slim(er) summer ( I hope :blink: )
    taste life, its delicious!

...specialy living near the ring :)

I sneaked below 17 stone for the first time since 2008!

107.5kg tonight.

Sonja, there's nothing wrong with what you weigh.

I'm going to be slim by the time I go to the 'Ring in April... I will!

I dont feel bad, but some trousers pinch and I like them so much.... :lol: so a good reason!

looking forward when your coming!! for some beers with you!!! :thumb:
    taste life, its delicious!

...specialy living near the ring :)

I don't, I had that this morning. Not a good look with a "muffin top"!

And definatly, looking forward to it :D

Regular
    Time to be brave and honest, and if I am spending all this effort lightening my car.....

17/01/2010

Height 1.89m
    Weight 194.15kg :whistle:

I guess my target is to get out of heart attack territory!!! :blink:

Ian....

Originally posted by Ian Hall@Jan 17 2010, 06:59 PM
    It is official, building a track car helps you lose weight!! :D

In the past month I have lost a stone in weight whilst getting my garage ready, and ripping the car apart!! Shame I have got a long way to go before I can even dream of fitting in a Recaro! :whistle:

Ian...
    That worked for me too...mainly because UB thinks lunch is for poofs though!
    SLK32 AMG

Cider makes you brighter

Think its time for me to lose a lot of weight too :wave:

Currently 6 foot which I think is about 182cm's

Current weight it about 130kg :( :shame: mainly from comfert eating from sence my devorce 3 years ago, which I was about 105kg

Would like to work towards getting down to 100kg first.

Plan is to start doing a diet program again (Slimming World or Weight Watch's), and then next is to get myself a cheap bike, start of doing a couple miles a night. Ride upto the workshop instead of driving and etc.

Would join a Gym, but don't get home from work to about 6:15pm. :rolleyes: Last time couple times I went last year there were packed that time until 9pm, and hate being in packed Gyms. :(
    -53 Reg Focus RS Build No. 2169 (Garage Ornament)
    -13 Reg Fiesta Zetec-S 998cc Turbo (Daily Drive)
    -M Reg Java Blue 5dr Fiesta Si (Track Car)

88kg (14st) this time last year to 76kg (12st) currently and it's still dropping, though more gently now. Need to follow it up with more exercise too. Time to get the bike out and commit myself to half an hour on the wii fat every day.
    Simon no longer owes me anything, Dave does though.
    Floyd probably owes me at least twenty with the interest rolling up...

Sounds really ghey.........but Wii Fit Personal Trainer is really good!

You set yourself 30day programs, and Wii Fit also has exercises and stuff and weighs you so you can keep track of progress.

It really is a simple case of mentally agreeing to do it, and then actually doing it.

Eating healthy:

Breakfast - Porridge or Cereal with Skimmed/Semi milk.

Snacks during day - Fruit

Lunch - 4-500 kcal pasta salad/salad/sandwiches (no mayo etc!)

Dinner - Sensible portions of low fat food, & fish 2-3 times a week.

This, in conjunction with 35 mins of exercise 4-5 times a week and it doesn't take long to start seeing results.

I bought 'Low Fat Feasts' - A little book of really nice but healthy dinners to prepare. And they aren't too expensive either.

I don't get home from work until 19:40 or 20:10, but I still do 35 mins on Wii Fit 4-5 times a week. Twice at the weekend.......and more recently I started cycling. When it's warmer I'll do some running too.

I've lost about a stone since Xmas. It starts working quickly, and the more successful you are the more motivated you will be to continue.

Of course cutting out chocolate/crisps is a must. And no beers. The occasional glass of wine is okay.

Any other tips?

Regular
    I'm back in the Gym tonight so long as they let me back :lol:

Some light weights to ease back into it and then sprints.

Plan is:

Monday - Weights + Sprints
    Tuesday - Cardio
    Wednesday - Weights + Sprints
    Thursday - Cardio
    Friday - Weights + Sprints
    Saturday - Cardio
    Sunday - Cardio

My cardio will consist of either running or cycling. I also have trials for a local American Football team at the end of the month :thumb:

Originally posted by Dave G@Jan 18 2010, 03:24 PM
    Sounds really ghey.........but Wii Fit Personal Trainer is really good!

You set yourself 30day programs, and Wii Fit also has exercises and stuff and weighs you so you can keep track of progress.

It really is a simple case of mentally agreeing to do it, and then actually doing it.

Eating healthy:

Breakfast - Porridge or Cereal with Skimmed/Semi milk.

Snacks during day - Fruit

Lunch - 4-500 kcal pasta salad/salad/sandwiches (no mayo etc!)

Dinner - Sensible portions of low fat food, & fish 2-3 times a week.

This, in conjunction with 35 mins of exercise 4-5 times a week and it doesn't take long to start seeing results.

I bought 'Low Fat Feasts' - A little book of really nice but healthy dinners to prepare. And they aren't too expensive either.

I don't get home from work until 19:40 or 20:10, but I still do 35 mins on Wii Fit 4-5 times a week. Twice at the weekend.......and more recently I started cycling. When it's warmer I'll do some running too.

I've lost about a stone since Xmas. It starts working quickly, and the more successful you are the more motivated you will be to continue.

Of course cutting out chocolate/crisps is a must. And no beers. The occasional glass of wine is okay.

Any other tips?
    I watch fat content alone, try and keep it between 20 and 30 grams a day, even less if I can, works for me. Beer is a no no, I'll be off it for 2 or 3 weeks to shift my xmas poundage.

Lots and lots and lots of CV I do 40 minutes on the cross trainer, 30 minutes on the bike, and 10 minutes rowing at the Gym. I do mess about with weights on occasion, But it won't make you lose any weight as such as muscle weighs more. benefits are, more muscle you have, more you can eat. Longer you keep it up your body adapts as such, I used to weigh 95kgs, I got down to 78-80 and it stays there now, Unless I have a 3 week xmas period of just eating crapola. :lol:

Try a starve day dave, experts now think these are not harmful, take a day and eat next to feck all if nothing at all, eventually, you will surpass the hunger pains. Body adapts quickly to a diet, its the reason the weight loss slows down and can eventually stop. So variation is also important. Switch to a low carb one, when the weight starts slowing, and you'll start losing again.

A sport you enjoy doing is the best thing, I have retired from Sunday league, But i'd run far further on a sunday morning, than i would ever do in the Gym, as you have an external motivation, I play squash every week, and thats very similar.

In the gym with the same old routine, its very hard to keep the same motivation.

Or get your missus to leave ya, thats the best diet in the world, when you all of a suddern are back in the showroom window :lol: :lol:
    Ermmmmm

Dave,

Regardless of damage to your body, I'd still rather eat during a day than not.

I'm not after a crash diet.

I will stick to 1,200-1,800 kcal a day, and exercise.

Simple as that.

Over the course of three months, I'll go from 17 stone to 16 stone.

Providing I stick to it.

Once I've got to 16 stone, I'll maintain the healthy eating most of the time, but start to enjoy some sweet stuff (in moderation) but keep the exercise up. Then I should maintain it!

:thumb:

ETA: One of the reasons it becomes harder to shift more weight as you lose it is because there is less left to shift!!

When I got to 16.25 stone before it was hard to shift the final bit........

Originally posted by Weeman@Jan 18 2010, 01:47 PM
    QFT

Or get your missus to leave ya, thats the best diet in the world, when you all of a suddern are back in the showroom window :lol: :lol:

It's also motivating to see that she's put all hers back on again . mwhahahaha :pokefun:
    Simon no longer owes me anything, Dave does though.
    Floyd probably owes me at least twenty with the interest rolling up...

Originally posted by Dave G@Jan 18 2010, 03:53 PM
    Dave,

Regardless of damage to your body, I'd still rather eat during a day than not.

I'm not after a crash diet.

I will stick to 1,200-1,800 kcal a day, and exercise.

Simple as that.

Over the course of three months, I'll go from 17 stone to 16 stone.

Providing I stick to it.

Once I've got to 16 stone, I'll maintain the healthy eating most of the time, but start to enjoy some sweet stuff (in moderation) but keep the exercise up. Then I should maintain it!

:thumb:

ETA: One of the reasons it becomes harder to shift more weight as you lose it is because there is less left to shift!!

When I got to 16.25 stone before it was hard to shift the final bit........
    That'll work fo sure, I stick to the same, plus count what I burn at the gym, although gym machines are no indication, and about as accurate as Juan's lap timing.

I actually function better on no food during the day, for some reason, my brain is more switched on, on an empty stomach.

I have a activia yogurt thing for brekkie (not much) no lunch, and a normal evening meal works for me, although my portion control could be improved, i tend to eat with my eyes still LOL
    Ermmmmm

You should have lunch, even something small. Not eating isn't the way!!

If you are exercising like you say, then eating a light lunch has got to be better than sitting there hungry.

If you eat TOO much then you are lethargic and want to sleep, but something light is good for energy!

Regular
    If you don't eat, your body stores fat because it thinks it is being starved.

Regular
    Im exercising since approx. 8 weeks now. Mon, Wed, and Fri before work Im going to the gym. Focus in the moment is training the postural muscles and doing something for the overall fitness.

Lost (only) 3 kilos since the beginning but build up some muscle mass and the whole body seems to get back some kind of shape. :D

Still a long hard way to go. But Ill do my best.

EDIT:

actual:
    1,86m
    128,1 kilo
    Best Regards
    Ren

Hello.

Seem to have hit a plateau, but this happens. And it's only a three day one! :lol: (this lol is too extreme).

However, I tried on a pair of jeans which haven't fitted since I was 16 stone back in late 2008.

Over Xmas they wouldn't even get around my waist :shame: , now they do, and they even do up (still a bit tight!).

So it's working. Pleased.

+ Reply to Thread