+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 31st Aug to 4th Sep

Went with the Theminiforum again this year, but in My 150bhp VVC metro. It was a great crack especially as it overlapped with Ferrari Race Days trip to the ring. All bar a couple of the ferrari drivers were shockingly slow round the track. Only putting their foot down for the spectators. I don't think it helped that their ferrari owners average age was 60.

A friend got a passenger lap in a 360 Spider and was bleating on about how it hit 180 at some parts of the track....
    ...We all laughed and told him that was kilometers an hour not miles and that the Metro did 200km/h.

Bend some exhaust valves tho, going from 4th, missing 5th and going into 3rd at 110 mile an hour. Doh!

Spoke to the b**tard AA yesterday, who said they wont recover the Tro because the market value is only 800 and it would cost that to recover it from germany and 3000 euros to fix it, and did I want it scrapped or would I be recovering it myself? I went mental, but checked my policy and it said recovery will be made only equal to the market value of the car. It took me all day argueing and threatening to sue them etc etc to no avail. Eventually they agreed to recover it because the depot was on the german/ belgium border. So check you policies before taking out European recovery!
    M42 engined (1.8 twincam) E30 Touring
    R1 engined Mini Minus - err pehaps I should explain:
    Basically a body chopped, seamless, fibreglass Mini Shell, which means 8square foot less frontal area and therefore less drag a slight weight saving and no rust! - with zcars Yamaha R1 mid mounted bike engine conversion kit, and space framed front end - looking at 300bhp+per ton

Regular
    Glad that you have managed to get the AA to recover it. They really are (Oops I said the F word)ers tbh and members here have had no joy with them at all (they also have a exclusion near the ring :angry: ). Greenflag seem to do ok for recovery and the ADAC will get you off the track for free if you are a member (iirc 44 euros for a years basic cover against 175 euros for track recovery).
    SteveM owes me 5
    I owe Dan 5
    Steve. Pay the man!

Also was quite happy doing 11 minute laps this year and not pushing for 10s like last year in the mini and ending up kissing armco at ardenau.
    mini is coming along nicely tho. Engine is in.
    M42 engined (1.8 twincam) E30 Touring
    R1 engined Mini Minus - err pehaps I should explain:
    Basically a body chopped, seamless, fibreglass Mini Shell, which means 8square foot less frontal area and therefore less drag a slight weight saving and no rust! - with zcars Yamaha R1 mid mounted bike engine conversion kit, and space framed front end - looking at 300bhp+per ton

Mini looks interesting - is that a bike engine then?

saw you guys heading back out on the 410 when we were on the way there :)

looks great to see a convoy of minis :D
    Duncan

Hey AL!

fancy seeing you here, I am seeing if anyone has some decent photos of the weekend :)

I am liking that Metro many much my friend B) But I like the bike engined Mini even more, oh yes B) B)

F
    BMW 3.0 Z4 Roadster. Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI T2. Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000.

With more and more insurance/recovery firms excluding the 'ring...If anyone ever has any probs with recovery from the 'ring or anywhere else for that matter... give Alex at http://www.lizardlogistics.com a call
    :thumb:

The scaly fecker needs to update his site as he's more than happy to toddle over to the 'ring to collect your broken down clutter :D

+ Reply to Thread