+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1st Ring trip

Hi All, Just to say it was a great but brief experience at the Ring on Monday 31st. Many thanks to Steve in the Clio and Nigel in the Mazda, for taking my other half and myself round. It REALLY made our day. We had a week in Germany, with 3 days in Koln and 2 days in Rudesheim with a Ring visit for a night/day. I didn`t want to use the rental car on the track, as it was not suitable. I will return in my E30 M3 and have a go, hopefully later in the year.
    This is my first post, have just got back from one of the best holidays ever. :thumb:

Welcome to the club!
    Back in clutter

Hi matey welcome to the site.

In a few years time you will look at your bank account and wish you never met us :thumb:

Gary
    I'm arresting you for murdering my car you dyke digging tosspot

Regular
    welcome in! :D
    if in doubt, give the VTEC a shout!!!!

Originally posted by Gutmann pug@Aug 3 2006, 02:38 PM
    Hi matey welcome to the site.

In a few years time you will look at your bank account and wish you never met us :thumb:

Gary
    :lol: :lol: I wish I'd never met you........ but that's got feck all to do with money :P :lol: :lol:

Gary's right though 2skiddy, once you've got the bug it get an awful lot more expensive from here on in! :rolleyes:

T
    F15 X5 40e family truck
    M135i daily driver inbound
    Shitbox Racing Golf VR6
    Mk2 MX5 - Maybe sometime in the next decade to be a Lexus V8 engine riot.......

Originally posted by Tony@Aug 3 2006, 05:34 PM

:lol: :lol: I wish I'd never met you........ but that's got feck all to do with money :P :lol: :lol:

:nono: :nono:

:jerk:
    I'm arresting you for murdering my car you dyke digging tosspot

;)
    F15 X5 40e family truck
    M135i daily driver inbound
    Shitbox Racing Golf VR6
    Mk2 MX5 - Maybe sometime in the next decade to be a Lexus V8 engine riot.......

Hi Mate

I was there briefly on Monday Night, was in a Blue classic shape Impreza, and a mate had blue R32 Golf. Did you see us?

Its a very addictive place and yes it starts to cost :D But its worth it :thumb:
    Cheers

Logan

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Blacky, sorry missed you, as by that time we had gone to the hotel at Adenau. There were a group of RS Cosworth owners staying there also. Saw that there were a couple of offs with a CSL and a bit later a yellow Porsche (996 Turbo)? Shame about the CSL as it is one of my favourites. There was also a modded orange CSL looking threatening, and when I called back on Tuesday morning there were about 4/5 CSLs in convoy with a silver modded one with a big wing. Anyone got any details or info on that car. All I could see as it flew round was that it was on German plates, I think, ending in 89.

This is a track that obviously needs respect and learning. I love my track days back home, but I think the Ring takes it up to another level. The whole concept is great, accessibility, accommodation/food standards, fellow pilgrims swapping stories, I could go on but you know the score.

Time to put anything I don`t need on Ebay and start saving!

Cheers :thumb:

Regular
    Welcome on board :D

regards "MADDOG" :thumb:

Originally posted by 2skiddy@Aug 4 2006, 03:50 PM

This is a track that obviously needs respect and learning. I love my track days back home, but I think the Ring takes it up to another level. The whole concept is great, accessibility, accommodation/food standards, fellow pilgrims swapping stories, I could go on but you know the score.

Time to put anything I don`t need on Ebay and start saving!

Cheers :thumb:
    'nuff said really !

Welcome aboard :thumb: :thumb:

Regular
    2Skiddy,

glad you enjoyed the ride. The Clio is now in the garage having a half shaft repaired. I just realised that the last lap I did that day was my 600th.

It was really good meeting you & Nigel plus family. The "craik" is nearly as good as the driving. I spent the rest of the weekend at Brens watching his hairy arse biker vids. 7m 32s!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!

SteveW
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting. I'm still waiting!"

+ Reply to Thread