PDA

View Full Version : First Time

blacky
22-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Well folks...I did it....at long last I took the Scoob round the famous Nordschliefe and what an experience it was...it went a bit like this :huh: :D B) B) :o :o :o :blink: B) B) :o :o :D :lol: B) B) :blink: for 14 miles....

What an amazing track..all the inclines, off cambers and downhill sections are crazy....very fast then very tight hidden corners over crests. It took loads of concentration

I went down on Sunday at around 12pm....takes about 45 mins from Cologne. Went down with a mate from work who has been before, he has a new celica. We got there and the cars....wow Lots of money about :blink:

The first lap I decided to follow my mate round, definately a good thing to do.....it was soo much better following someone who knows the track a bit. The track was not too busy but the speed a which the experienced dudes in their Porkers etc catch you is crazy.....and then there is the bikers....complete mentalists :D

The second lap my mate came passenger with me....he was impressed with the speed and grip of the ole WRX....it did take a beating today..the brakes were completely blue after each lap and started to grumble a little...even with the Hi-Spec 4 pots

There are numourous parts of the circuits which involve 120 mph+ then braking into 3rd gear corners.

Basically words cannot fully describe the experience. I would recommend anyone keen on trackdays to come over because its just sooo much more than any track in the UK.

I will defo be going back very very soon B)

Gary Kinghorn
22-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Glad you enjoyed yourself.

The scoobs are good cars but they get shown what a real ring car should be like by those bloody rear engined porsche things. My old girl is pretty good and quick but it destroys brakes and tyres and doesnt turn in like a porsche does.

Once you get to know the track things wont be upon you half as quickly and thats quite a big confidence booster.

I also found that by taking a higher gear I did quicker smoother laps. Thats with my 6 speed STi though.

Gary

Root admin
22-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the first report Blacky :D

How come you were there today? How long was the track open for?

Will we be seeing you there any time we're there?

blacky
22-03-2005, 09:13 PM
No worries :D

Wasn't there today...it was on Sunday :D

I am sure you will, taking my car back to the UK this Friday but will probably have it over again for May.

I work in Cologne so its only 45mins down the Autobahn :D B)

Root admin
22-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by blacky@Mar 22 2005, 09:15 PM
I went down today at around 12pm
Sorry, this line gave the idea you'd been today.... :D

blacky
22-03-2005, 09:20 PM
oops..thats coz I just copied and pasted from my usual board. www.scoobycity.co.uk Sorry :rolleyes:

Root admin
23-03-2005, 11:05 AM
LOL, no probs..... I thought I was going mad. It's great you live so close! What do you do for a living and do you speak fluent German?

blacky
23-03-2005, 11:17 AM
Its not bad :D

I am a lowly Design Engineer for a Motorsport team who did not too bad on Sunday In Maylasia ;) :D

Ich speche ein bi▀chen Deutsch. ;)

Gary Kinghorn
23-03-2005, 02:30 PM
We like people involved in motorsport ...... They are always welcome on here.

Gary

Root admin
23-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Cool job :lol: B) I speak a little German too - usually involves beer and food! :D

Hammoc
23-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by blacky@Mar 23 2005, 12:17 PM
I am a lowly Design Engineer for a Motorsport team who did not too bad on Sunday In Maylasia ;) :D
Respect to you Blacky B)