PDA

View Full Version : 20-23 Oct

Dave Malings
23-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Saturday
Record of 7.5 hours from my house to car storage.

Rang the guy who stored the car for me when I was about an hour away.

When I got there he said I should let him know when I was arriving....despite telling him earlier in ther week.

Car never started...........checked everything, but no spark. Suspected ECU or crank shaft sensor.

Despite being near suicidal and wanting to buy/hire any car available I did a few laps in the Signum and called it a day. Rugby was on DSF so I could be miserable at the guest house on my own.

Got pissed.

Sunday
Track was wet but the Signum turned in to a fast car in these conditions...it was rather amusing.

Track shut early due to fog so I went back to the guest house for beer and watch the GP.

Johannes came round and translated Lewis Hamiltons fcuk up. We later talked about Muslims.

Thinking a lot alot cars

Got Pissed.

Monday
Clare and Hollie wanted to go to Phantasialand and I joined them as I had fcuk all else to look forward to.

Cold but a great day. Went on most ride without having to queue.....twice.

Called it a day and went to do a few laps of the track.....the Signum is getting faster. Overtook a Subaru who later explained that he was getting brake fade...in 3 degrees temp.

Had a big fat juicy steak.

Watched Bionic woman and Desperate housewive and.....

Thinking a lot alot cars

Got pissed

Tuesday
8 hours door to door despite dropping hollie off at her grandparents, had a nice convoy with Dynamix on the way back.

Thinking a lot alot cars

Not pissed.

944 laps:
May - 9 dry laps on wrong sized tyres
July - About 15 laps on a crashy Sunday
August - 7 laps cut short due to cracked disc
October - track shut all day due to fog
October - Car would not start.

After 500ish laps and pretty good reliability the old girl has let me down.

Darren Langeveld
23-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Hhhhmmmmm - downer............

Tony
23-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Bollocks - sorry to hear that Dave :(

Duncan
24-10-2007, 06:56 AM
You looked pretty pee'd off Dave - gutted for you :(

Nice drive back - funniest thing was Annabelle noticing your car after following you for about 2 hours saying - "oh that car in front has got a northloop sticker on it" :)

The Signum goes pretty well btw :thumb:

Floyd
24-10-2007, 07:03 AM
Bummer Dave :(

How many laps with the Signum and other cars from your JK?

F

Simon
24-10-2007, 07:19 AM
Shame that the people storing the car did not listen to you when you said that you were coming over. At least then they might have fixed the problem before you found it, Dave :(

But, just think of the fuel you have saved :thumb:

Gary Kinghorn
24-10-2007, 08:35 AM
That's shite mate :(

Has anyone diagnosed the fault yet?

Steven
24-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Forgive me, but what does "thinking a lot alot cars" mean?

Editted. Thinking alot about cars!

Stop copying/pasting you lazy fool. :whistle:

Nige
24-10-2007, 08:53 AM
dreadful luck Dave. What did the guy where you store the car have to say? Thats 2 trips when he hasnt done what was asked of him, I`d be pissed off too. :angry:

Dave Malings
24-10-2007, 10:59 AM
It's really only one trip to be fair to him, he just forgot a telephone conversation and said he'd prefer an email this time. No drama.

There is no doubt he is a very good mechanic and I trust him to get my car fixed. I'll also be using him for storage and work next year.

Diver944
24-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Any clues to the non starting problem yet?

alclark
24-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Felt very sorry for you! Did look for you in the car park a few times but your a tough man to track down!

Glad the signum got some abuse though. :D

Duncan
24-10-2007, 09:10 PM
oh btw Dave - I am sure that you could have got a couple of inches closer to the cars on the motorways without touching them :D

Dave Malings
24-10-2007, 09:15 PM
..they were getting in the way :lol:

Plus I had a front bulb out so didn't want to drive with my lights on in case the Belgian fuzzies pulled me and found I had no spare bulb kit.

It seemed to work better when you were leading.

Never ceases to amaze me that Belgian drivers pull out, and then don't seem to realise a car is 6 inches from their rear bumper. Add to that they will pull out in to a gap only just big enough for the car......that would cause most brits to act like Kenneth Noyse!

Floyd
25-10-2007, 07:08 AM
^^^^ :lol: I remember that incident!

F

p1doc
25-10-2007, 07:35 AM
shame about your trip,belgian drivers are mad :blink:
next year...
martin

Dave Malings
25-10-2007, 08:32 AM
next year...

Still a bit of this year left and I have to collect the car.

p1doc
25-10-2007, 10:47 AM
oh well bit of hope left then :D
martin