PDA

View Full Version : TBR Gets damp. 8-11 Sept.

TBR
18-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Just a quick report.

Trip number ?? was on the cards for a while, so we decided to do it on the cheap and go camping. So i purchased a new tent.

Checked the weather beforehand, it was ok with a 20% chance of rain.
Fair enough. What then followed was the most miserable trip ive ever had.
The track was busy/wet and full of tossers that had no respect for the place.

Nearly had a ruck with some irish in the PK, that was amusing.

Met up with karl, weeman, bren and another bloke who i tried to block out.
Had a nice chat and watched them get pissed slowly (Twas very funny)

Had a nice evening with andy and co in the hotel up the hill, the BBQ was spot on.

Visited the rodelbahn up the road from adenau and scared all the local kids.

Then we drove to the alps and things couldnt get much better!
Awesome finish which made the crappy start easier to deal with.

Pictures (http://gallery.mac.com/tombenton)

Great to see all the NL guys.

Cant think of anything else.

Karl
18-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by TBR@Sep 18 2007, 12:36 PM
Met up with karl, weeman, bren and another bloke who i tried to block out.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Weeman
18-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Just about sums it up, no more tents for me, although those showers were the nuts.

irish pikeys, I s.hit em. " can you build me a ten second car that happily laps the nurburgring in 25 minutes please"

Worst trip ever for me, track wise, rescued by the usual good company of the guys and all the northloopers we met, plus a few cracking meals at the comfy corner and the BBQ up the hill

jon_r
18-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Yer the Ring part was OK - good time was had on the Tuesday evening lap wise as everyone had gone home - apart from the agro Irish guy's!

Holiday improved massively when we got to the Alps - ill post some pics and a write up this evening.

2000 miles and 7 tanks of fuel and the Datsun plows on!

Back again on Saturday. :D

Floyd
18-09-2007, 10:55 AM
What's the story with the Ire lot then?

F

TBR
18-09-2007, 10:57 AM
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Northloop/index...?showtopic=6472 (http://z8.invisionfree.com/Northloop/index.php?showtopic=6472)

The Story.

Edit:

Just read that and it explains nothing.
Some irish guys (who gary paid off) had a pop at weeman for turning the picture around. "Hey torn that round nawww, dont disrespect a 205 like that"

We laughed and made a hasty retreat.

Weeman
18-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Long story short

Turned garys pic round for comedy value in PK, irish dude pipes up" turn that fecking picture back" " dont disrespect that 205" " i'm deadly serious"

About to explain its GK, and its done out of love etc, only to notice table full of skinheaded pikeys, glaring at me. Think better of it and turn it back round.

See assembled irishmen in carpark with modded skylines, follow one out with Simon as passenger in the bmw , give him a sporting 3 minute head start, catch him by Weirschifen, laugh, feel better.

And I thought they were all " top o tha morning to ya" happy go lucky chaps, which lead us to the assumption they were of travelling persuasion.

jon_r
18-09-2007, 11:06 AM
2 minutes has increased to 3 already ;)

TBR
18-09-2007, 11:09 AM
LOL, it was a headstart.

Let him have his moment against the 8,000,000bhp skyline that did 11min laps.

p1doc
18-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Weeman@Sep 18 2007, 11:00 AM
Long story short

Turned garys pic round for comedy value in PK, irish dude pipes up" turn that fecking picture back" " dont disrespect that 205" " i'm deadly serious"

About to explain its GK, and its done out of love etc, only to notice table full of skinheaded pikeys, glaring at me. Think better of it and turn it back round.

See assembled irishmen in carpark with modded skylines, follow one out with Simon as passenger in the bmw , give him a sporting 3 minute head start, catch him by Weirschifen, laugh, feel better.

And I thought they were all " top o tha morning to ya" happy go lucky chaps, which lead us to the assumption they were of travelling persuasion.
pmsl-they were probably paid by karl to rough you up :lol:
martin

Floyd
18-09-2007, 12:16 PM
Ah, now we know.

F

Weeman
18-09-2007, 12:18 PM
One could assume that but martins use of "karl" and "probabally Paid by" lead me to doubt that theory. :lol:

Dale
18-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Blocked out? Ross?

Karl
18-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Natürlich :lol:

Simon
18-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Dale@Sep 18 2007, 02:31 PM
Blocked out? Ross?
That took a lot of guess work :lol: :lol: :lol:

TBR
18-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Karl@Sep 18 2007, 01:32 PM
Natürlich :lol:
Not even i would have put a bet on that.

Dead cert.