PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Weekend

Dave B
26-07-2018, 05:17 PM
Well...it will be.

Forgive any spellings...phone and lost my specs...and I have dire phone signal

I have no doubt that in a little over 3 months I will do some form of joint trip report for Anglesey Race of Remembrance. So what?
We'll...this is obviously the 100th anniversary of the cessation of hostilities of he war to end all wars. (I pass several tiny memorials every time I drive round here even in SW France. Hamlets with 20 houses having lost 6 or 8 spns/husbands/fathers...we know all this I suppose)

Anyway, every year a few of you comment on how you "must get there next year". So here is an internet kick up the arse to make plans and do it.

Yes..it's bloody miles away. (But it is a special location!!)
I'll make a weekend of it whether I'm privileged to have a team role or just general dogsbody and litter pickerupperer
Tony made the trek last year and he lives near South America. (You'd also notice on many of the bigger war memorials that lads travelled from the ends of the earth to join the fight so what's a few hundred miles when you all like driving anyway...)

So get the dates inked in to your diaries or calendars. Maybe make it a meet somewhere else..drive some nice Welsh roads and then come and see what the weekends about.

I aren't ex military. My dad hated his National service...his father never spoke of WW1 but we always did remembrance Sunday.

I will guarantee that you won't encounter an Armistice Day event quite like the MM pitlane service.

Jim...hope I've not overstepped by plugging this.

Dave

Tony
26-07-2018, 05:50 PM
Best weekend of the year by some margin :thumb:

I cannot overstate what a profound effect last year’s RoR has on us and like Dave, we will be there regardless of duties. If we could get a larger NL collective and maybe incorporate a trip around the Evo Triangle or similar en route, then so much the better.

Once you have experienced a Remembrance Service standing in a pit lane with 300 ex-service men and women, to whom it REALLY means something, but also seen first hand the support and camaraderie (and brutal banter!!) that Mission Motorsport engenders, you will be hooked too!

The fact that it’s also based around cocking around in cars is a happy bonus :thumb: Excuses that it’s too far will not be accepted - it’s over 400 miles for me and I’ll be back in a heartbeat!

Neil Mac
27-07-2018, 09:38 AM
I am in a bit of a quandary. Or rather, one has been foisted upon me.

I had put this year's RoR in my diary last November, and I was pretty sure nothing would stop me from getting there and joining in.

I was moved onto a new project at work, for which prototype cars would be built, starting in October. Last week, I found out that I need to be in Japan to evaluate them from the 4th to the 14th of November. That really sucks.

I'm hoping that the trip will be delayed by a fortnight, but timing is already very tight on this project, so there are no guarantees.

I'm really gutted, as I've been looking forward to RoR all year, and this time around it's going to be immense and amazing and life-changing and I'll be 5000 miles away. :sad:

If anything changes (and I really hope it will), I'll be there by hook or by crook. I'll be seeing the MM guys at Blyton on the 13th of August, so I'll be breaking the bad news to them then. And hoping for a miracle.

Tony
27-07-2018, 02:22 PM
Gutted :sad: