PDA

View Full Version : Donington Troops Day. 15th December

Dave B
15-11-2017, 10:51 AM
This is obviously not a 'what a great day we had' thread. It is a heads up for another big single day event in the MM Calender. Below is last years report from it.
My understanding is that they are hoping for a similar pit line up as Anglesey, that would be epic....but i do love to see some of the less exotic stuff, Tommys old 912, the 2002, the Pinderwagen etc

Anyone able to come along and help out will be warmly welcomed but please be prepared to get stuck in to any task that needs doing. Unloading/loading, handy with a sweeping brush ? etc. The non glam stuff still needs sorting. :thumb:

It'd be good to see a healthy number of NL volunteers at each event 'going forward' (you know how I hate that expression and bullshit bingo in general and don't use it lightly..:lol:)

http://www.northloop.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?54458-Troops-Day-Mission-Motorsport-Donington-Park

Darren Langeveld
15-11-2017, 11:17 AM
I *think* I'll be there (just moving some stuff about)

Simon
15-11-2017, 11:38 AM
As per PM, I was good for the 8th :whistle:, will confirm tmrw for the 15th :thumb:

Weeman
15-11-2017, 01:48 PM
I'm on Holiday on the 15th, sadly sleeping off a Pete Tong hangover in Manchester most probably, If I headed over when I'm awake, I'd probably do more harm than good :lol:

Neil Mac
15-11-2017, 02:57 PM
I've entered it in my work diary. Just need to confirm that it's OK to include it in my home diary too. I don't think there are any child/Christmas things booked in, but that doesn't mean there aren't.

:thumb:

Dave B
15-11-2017, 04:33 PM
Simon...Ops Manager at MM has just sent me the below.
As you can see, it's a busy old day to organise although it is likely you won't notice much of it as you'll be engrossed in whatever they have you doing for the day. You will not be disappointed with your day!

Mission Motorsport are involved in the delivery of the Donington Park Troops Day which is being held on Friday 15th December 2017.

Rough timings for the day:

• Driver and beneficiary sign-on: 08:00hrs

• Track Opens and activities start: 09:00hrs

• Lunch 12:00hrs to 13:00hrs

• Track closes and activities finish: 16:00hrs

Activities:

• Driving a Supercar around the track (Arranged by Donington Circuit)

• Car Control - in Mission Motorsport MX-5 cars (3x MX-5 and 1x Dual Control MX-5)

• 4x4 experience – (1x Fenton and 1x Bowler)

• Tour around the Donington Circuit museum

• Drifting / HGV experience (Trucks from DHL TBC)

• Passenger laps with - Invited cars and drivers and MM beneficiaries driving MM cars.

There will be 6 stands with approx. 10 - 15 guys in each group. The groups will move around the different stands throughout the day.

Would you be available to come help us deliver this event?

We will be aiming to depart from MMHQ on Thursday 14th December at approx 11:00hrs. Accommodation is still to be confirmed but is likely to be the Donington Park media suite.

Please could you confirm the following:

Days that you are able to attend - Thursday 14th / Friday 15th December

Accommodation required - Yes / No

Transport from MMHQ – Yes / No

fairycakepixie
15-11-2017, 04:49 PM
Just got Simon’s email. Will have a chat with Jon. If we could only do a few hours but not the whole day, would that be any good?

Dave B
15-11-2017, 06:01 PM
Just got Simon’s email. Will have a chat with Jon. If we could only do a few hours but not the whole day, would that be any good?

ASDA

Every little helps

Yes, AM or PM there'll something that needs doing or helping with. :thumb:

fairycakepixie
15-11-2017, 07:07 PM
ASDA

Every little helps

Yes, AM or PM there'll something that needs doing or helping with. :thumb:

All sorted with Simon. We’ll be there!

Neil Mac
15-11-2017, 08:11 PM
I am in! No child-related activities on that day. Only available on the Friday itself, but as it's hundreds of miles closer than Anglesey, I should be OK for a day trip. :thumb: