PDA

View Full Version : Live weekend reports

Dave Malings
09-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Sounds like Gary didn't make the track for opening. Something to do with drinking with Karl.

Westy just texted "Carnage, absolute ****ing carnage"

Dave Malings
09-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Westy texted:

Busy as ****! Red hot

Lovely use of the adjective there!

Simon
09-10-2005, 11:52 AM
as long as they all clear the way for next w/end we will be happy :thumb:

Gary. Karl & a few beers, never :blink:

Dave Malings
09-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Karl confirmed Gary was a bit wobbly.

Westy thinks it's CHAOS. Weather is too good and every man and his bike is there. Busiest he has ever seen it. Lots of twat random parkers (TRPs :P ).

But he is having a good laugh anyway.

Dave

warrenm2
09-10-2005, 01:13 PM
surprised its so busy so late in the year

boyced
09-10-2005, 10:13 PM
pete rally has been playing in.....

http://www.deepthrottle.com/Photo/le03_gravel_trap.jpg :ph43r:

Robert
10-10-2005, 07:27 AM
Even with the all those closures and stuff we had a great sunday. The last time we did a 09:36,31 lap and this weekend we started with a 09:34??? lap and ended with a 09:28,41 so almost 8 sconds down, and the lines can be better, so improvement is possible.

Greetz from Robert

Karl
10-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Gary & I did indeed have a few on Saturday night - Sunday morning :rolleyes:

Gary Kinghorn
10-10-2005, 12:18 PM
So here I am, sat in an internet cqfe in sunny Liege trying to type on a stupid foreign keyboard...........

Why am i here, because the pug wasnt ready to go home yet, it made 73 miles before it gave up the ghost lunching a drive shaft..... still my breqkdozn recovery people took ,e to the locql pug dealer who will hqve the car fixed late tom afternoon and i will be on my way again.

in the meantime i have to drink Duval and while away a few hours.

see you all soon.............Gary.

ps can someone change Karls user ID to Rocky please :-)

Gary Kinghorn
10-10-2005, 12:19 PM
oh and the track wasnt that busy, been much worse.....

gary

weather is about 24 degrees though and clear blue skies

Simon
10-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Bloody hell Gary. Thank goodness for European recovery :thumb:

Hope you have got a good sick note for work. Depending how you get on we might pass you going the other way on Sat :whistle: . I recon that you should stay there & we will collect you on the way through :D

Simon

Karl
10-10-2005, 01:35 PM
LOL, I play a mean game of pool when I want to kick piles of poo out of someone :lol:

Best of luck getting back, winkle - as you were calling half of the population of Germany on Saturday night :D

Simon
10-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Karl@Oct 10 2005, 02:35 PM

as you were calling half of the population of Germany on Saturday night :D
What Gary speaking his mind & upsetting the locals. I don't believe it :whistle:

leavingeasy
10-10-2005, 09:23 PM
My report then:

Saturday- civilised drive down with Shergar and totty, Gary and I followed by one or two jars in the evening.

Sunday- wake up feel like shite
-managed two and a half laps before clutch grenaded in a manner never seen before
-watched the carnage grow as queue went right up the hill and Steve threw many tantrums
-final hourof the day saw some clear runs, but I was still trying to source a clutch

Monday-foggy start (unrelated to beer allegedly)
-Gary left early and stopped about 2 hrs later and then got pissed
-I found a clutch for delivery at 3pm
-Shergar managed a recorded 9.05 on a very congested run with Steve being gay in the passenger seat (can someone host this for me pleeeeze?)
-Steve managed a not so gay 8.57 but then his radiator expired.

So far the score then: 4 starters, one still running.

As I type the damage looks like this-

Shergar made it back to the ferry and is prob half way thru supper right now
Gary made it to Belgium where I think he has moved into a cardboard box and taken up drinking for a career
Steve is somewhere
I came home on BA and my car is over a pit in the Ringhaus with bits hanging off

Oh the reason the clutch grenaded? Turns out the gearbox is from an 8v which has been bolted to the 16v engine. Subsequently the much more insubstantial spline of the 8v box and associated pathetic clutch plate got a bit freaked by the massive 139bhp of the engine and self destructed.

Bugger!

boyced
10-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by leavingeasy@Oct 10 2005, 09:23 PM
Steve being gay in the passenger seat (can someone host this for me pleeeeze?)
steve is always gay!

Send the pic over mark dot boyce at gmail dot com - ps where's this pic of you and some ho's that steve was telling me about?

Simon
11-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Hell, a rather eventful w/end then ;) Nick, I take it that you have to go back out & collect it at some point or are you going to get it recovered back to Blighty?

Not the best location to find out the wrong parts are on your car tbh, hope that you get it sorted soon

Simon

Shergar
11-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Just to add my bit!

Felt quite lucky to still be running at all on the way home. Couldn't tempt fate by saying so though!

Had an uneventful and swift run home, and now I'm home I truly say I feel very lucky after all the goings on of the weekend!

My trusty Golf never missed a beat all the way there, round the track, or on the way back! Not bad for a 158,000 miles! And a 9.05 with traffic and a passenger to boot! Can't wait for my fresh 2 litre upgrade next year!

Nick, it could have been worse! I've still got the images of that very sad looking CSL in my mind.

Gary, where are you?

Steve, "8.57" nice one. Where are you?

And hi to James and Jim the two Scot bad lads and the EVO who were last seen heading for "The Banana Bar" in Amsterdam!

All in all a mixed weekend I feel!

Good luck to all!

:thumb:

Dave Malings
11-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Sounds like you all had fun!

Gary was on his way back home, and Steve was moaning about traffic.

Dave :ph43r:

Gary Kinghorn
11-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Think we might need to host that vid for you Shergar.

Got home in the end, well 4pm this afternoon to be precise. The old girl was good as gold once she had a new drive shaft fitted.

I will knock a report up together tomorrow......

Gary

Simon
11-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Did Steven scare the locals with his extra facial features :whistle:

Shergar
11-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Glad you made it back Gary!

Any news on whether steve made it home after his rad problem?

Nick has the video, I haven't seen it all yet myself! He lands in LA tonite around 11pm (poor bugger!)

Will be in touch when I have a roster!

jason.shergold@btopenworld.com

Dave Malings
11-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Steve text me......he got back about 8pm.

Steven
11-10-2005, 11:38 PM
.....it was an 8:56 "actually". That extra second counts!! :wave:

http://home.planet.nl/~spls/091005/photos/photo2.html

I'll do a full report tomorrow as I'm way too tired now. greddy

Gary Kinghorn
12-10-2005, 06:55 AM
Dont you actually have to go on track to get an 8.56 or was that your moan to moan time ........ :D :D

Gary

Simon
12-10-2005, 08:02 AM
^^^^^^^^
http://www.sheknows.com/graphics/emoticons/lol2.gif

Steven
12-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Gutmann pug@Oct 12 2005, 06:55 AM
Dont you actually have to go on track to get an 8.56 or was that your moan to moan time ........ :D :D

Gary
Sunday was a pile of steaming shite until about 5pm. Carnage on track, carnage off track.

I don't care what ya say!!! I preferred driving around the local roads than queuing for an hour to get on the track in club Clueless Car Park.

Gary Kinghorn
12-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Well I managed 5 1/2 laps nice and early and other than 1 E30 M3 passing me I cant remember being overtaken and I cant remember overtaking another car either. Not one bike either. Admitedly it was slightly damp but not too bad, only if you strayed off line. It doesnt get much better than that.

When I was watching from 3-5pm it was reasonably busy but nothing bad. I also didnt think there were many bikers there. Its easy to tell as there were no queues at the bike barrier.

Queuing is part of lapping the ring now im afraid. Get some good laps in early, chill during the mad hours while putting the odd lap in, then start again at about 4pm.

Not ideal but you really dont have a choice ........

Gary

Dave Malings
12-10-2005, 02:50 PM
On days like that you just have to enjoy driving. Surely driving whilst i's busy is better than not driving at all.

Don't even bother looking for a space in the main car park, drive down the road, park in the field or go watch the from somewhere.

I guess the traffic started buiding up though, if the track didn't open until 11.30am

leavingeasy
12-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by boyced@Oct 10 2005, 09:51 PM

where's this pic of you and some ho's that steve was telling me about?
What u mean here??

http://s8.invisionfree.com/Northloop/index...post&id=2729648 (http://s8.invisionfree.com/Northloop/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=2729648)

Nick

leavingeasy
12-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Simon Reeve@Oct 11 2005, 10:52 AM
Hell, a rather eventful w/end then ;) Nick, I take it that you have to go back out & collect it at some point or are you going to get it recovered back to Blighty?

Not the best location to find out the wrong parts are on your car tbh, hope that you get it sorted soon

Simon
Simon!

Bloody car, yeah the guy who built the car later confessed that he realised it was an 8v box but there was just no time left to do anything about it so he kept quiet- can't blame him for that, but what a bugger and travelling that far for 2 laps and 20 pints of Bitmeister was frustrating!

It's still at the hotel, I am sending an 8v clutch over to them when I get back from LA and then I am picking it up on 22nd.

So far the RAC have been brilliant, paying for a taxi to Frankfurt, the flight home, a return to Nurburg and the delivery of the parts. They should also pick up the exhorbitant 175 euro fee to collect my car off the track.

22nd is a VLN day so hopefully I will get see some track action-defo not putting any strain on the Golf though, that will limped home and taken to bits over the winter.

Bring on March 2006!

Nick

Dave Malings
12-10-2005, 06:27 PM
I could always test your car next weekend for you :P

If you go and collect your car without doing a lap, then Steve was right....you are gay

Dave

Shergar
12-10-2005, 07:53 PM
What u mean here??

http://s8.invisionfree.com/Northloop/index...post&id=2729648

Nick

But Nick,

We haven't stayed in that hotel for years!!!!!!!!

Have fun in LA!

Keep at it with the Golf! Long Live the GTI!

leavingeasy
12-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Bastard- I'm trying to prove sexuality here!!!! Sure that happened in 1998 but come on.......

Oh and Dave, advice from my mechanic- if I want to get home, keep away from the track!! Feel free to test it at the weekend but the clutch wont arrive with them til Tuesday next week! The hill could be a bugger if Clare is pushing!!

Nick

Dave Malings
12-10-2005, 08:34 PM

Buger that!