PDA

View Full Version : Cadwell - nice track!

TDIfurby
02-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Enjoyed it today despite it being DAMN cold and the track hazardous in some spots. Minimum casulaties despite a busy day, and the Skoda did 70 odd laps at pace, and drove home afterwards. Unilke the blue scooby which caught fire and definitely did not drive home...

Footage to follow when I can get some time.

Nige
03-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Great report. Thanks for sharing. :thumb::lol:

Cadwell is great isn`t it. Andy was there yesterday and said they had to delay the start due to ice on the track.

Stan
03-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Cadwell tends to do that to Scoobys. Must be the mountain that makes them go woooosh bang !

TDIfurby
04-12-2012, 06:47 AM
Great report. Thanks for sharing. :thumb::lol:

Cadwell is great isn`t it. Andy was there yesterday and said they had to delay the start due to ice on the track.

Yeah - we didn't start until 10 due to ice. Safety first though I guess! What was Andy in?

Here's some video of my last session. Not the quickest but then conditions didn't really mean I could push the limits too far, especially the tight bits around the trees after the mountain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swr50NzcJdU

orsonbuggy
04-12-2012, 12:42 PM
That looks magnificent in the winter sunshine - nice driving :thumb:

TDIfurby
04-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Aye - it was lovely weather and at any other time of year you'd think it was early evening on a nice spring day rather than it being about 2 degrees above freezing in December, with some quite dodgy areas off the usual line in some corners.

simonsaunders
04-12-2012, 12:50 PM
It is a pretty special place.

They should scoop it up and pop it somewhere in the Home Counties so that I can go more often.

TDIfurby
06-12-2012, 08:06 PM
One of a few photos I have found of my car on track. This is clearly the mountain being "negotiated"

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/devonutopia/cadwell-mount.jpg

stu8v
06-12-2012, 08:13 PM

They should scoop it up and pop it somewhere in the Home Counties so that I can go more often.

Leave it where it is please. :veryhappy:

20 mins from my door :thumb:

N/B
06-12-2012, 08:38 PM
They should scoop it up and pop it somewhere in the Home Counties so that every trackday can be a procession of bought-on-tick GT3 RSs holding up E30s and Clios

EFA :whistle:
Leave it where it is, gives me hope when visiting the outlaws in Scunny...

stu8v
06-12-2012, 08:47 PM
EFA :whistle:
Leave it where it is, gives me hope when visiting the outlaws in Scunny...

:thumb:

TDIfurby
06-12-2012, 10:08 PM
I drove there from Devon, and drove home! No excuse! :wink: