PDA

View Full Version : Testing

Andy C
18-10-2012, 09:59 AM
HOw to get a pic into here...

Andy C
18-10-2012, 10:01 AM
No sneering, that was a momentus occaision; been on here for hmmm 6 years, and that is the first time I have posted a picture of any sort.

Shame its not how I wanted it to come out.

Now how to get the picture fag packet sized???

Neil Mac
18-10-2012, 10:04 AM
If the picture is on Photobucket, you need to select the [IMG] link rather than the thumbnail one. Copy and paste that your text here and you're done.

Andy C
18-10-2012, 10:10 AM
So...

click on manage attachemnts, tell it to upload from my computer desktop. Then there are no further options to alter size.

Help or suggestions* gratefully recieved.

*I normally leave computing to grown ups.

New and exciting story about Eastern Creek, and maybe even Spa if I can drive this fecking box of smoke better.

Neil Mac
18-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Alternatively, if your favourite image from Eastern Creek is already on the internet:
1. go to Google images,
2. select the "view full size" option
3. copy the URL (address)
4. open a reply/thread on here
5. click on the "insert image" button above the text box (picture of a tree or something on it)
6. paste into the little pop-up window
7. click on OK
8. done.

http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10004/aDGT_1003_LeylandAtlantean_EasternCreekRaceway_(19 _8_12_C).jpg

Neil Mac
18-10-2012, 10:13 AM
So...

click on manage attachemnts, tell it to upload from my computer desktop. Then there are no further options to alter size.

Help or suggestions* gratefully recieved.

*I normally leave computing to grown ups.

New and exciting story about Eastern Creek, and maybe even Spa if I can drive this fecking box of smoke better.

aha, you need to get them thar pictures on t'internet via an image hosting service. Go to http://photobucket.com and sign up to their service. upload photos from your computer to Photobucket, and they'll host them. Northloop can just link to the Photobucket image (Northloop itself doesn't support photo or video hosting, they're all elsewhere)

Floyd
18-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Wrong, I think Andy has uploaded a pic into NL direct and it displays as a thumbnail.

Andy C
18-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Floyd, yes I have gone from my desktop to NL.

Is photobucket the only option to get pictures displayed a little larger then? (curses, wanted to avoid yet more accounts/registration to places I then forget about)

Neil Mac
18-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Wrong, I think Andy has uploaded a pic into NL direct and it displays as a thumbnail.

True, but Northloop only hosts the thumbnail, not the full-size image. If Andy want to show a bigger picture, he's going to have to look at the bigger picture, broaden his horizons and buck up his ideas. In that order.

Neil Mac
18-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Floyd, yes I have gone from my desktop to NL.

Is photobucket the only option to get pictures displayed a little larger then? (curses, wanted to avoid yet more accounts/registration to places I then forget about)

Looks like you're going to have to take the plunge. Photobucket is not the only option, but it is the easiest one I've used.

I have two levels of internet password. Regular and secret. Low-level dross like Northloop and Photobucket have the same one...

Karl
18-10-2012, 10:40 AM
You big girl.

ultegra
18-10-2012, 04:53 PM
I use FB to host photos - they are all in a folder that is not published to my timeline or shared at all, but each of the individual image URLs, when embedded in a NL message, is universally viewable.

Joel
18-10-2012, 06:36 PM
What you need to do is upload the image to the forum as an attachment. Then, still in the manage attachment window where you uploaded the image, click the image name where it now lists your current attachments. This will open the full size image that you just uploaded. You can then copy the url of that image into your post as a full-size image.

In Andy's case, the image attachment url is http://www.northloop.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=473&d=1350554236. Put that inside the tags to display big image in post thusly

[IMG]http://www.northloop.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=473&d=1350554236

Neil Mac
19-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Joel is the cleverest of the virtual assistants, clearly :thumb:

Now all he needs is an Avatar like Kev's