PDA

View Full Version : Cup pressures on Nordschleife

omen666
19-04-2007, 06:23 AM
On the CSL the standard Cup pressure is 35psi cold all round. For trackdays I run 32psi hot.

The last few times at the Nordschleife I have run 34psi cold as I see the length of a circuit being so long that it is not necessary to drop as low as a short circuit.

I have experience severe tread wrap, which leads me to conclude the pressures may need to be different.

So my question is do you adjust your Cups from the normal road pressure when on the Nordschleife? And any experience of tread wrap? (When the edge of tread warms and forms up like pickup all along the tread circumference).

Floyd
19-04-2007, 06:42 AM
I have tread wrap on all my track tyres. I thought it was normal if you 'push' them hard. My cup tyres certainly do this. I worry more if they get squirmy or they wear on the shoulders.

I can't say what pressure I run cups on the ring yet as I've not used them there yet but I have used them on UK tracks :(

F

omen666
19-04-2007, 06:47 AM
Thanks Floyd.

The tread wrap bothers me as the build up reduces the contact area of the tyre, so to me that means less grip...no?

Simon
19-04-2007, 01:42 PM
On my Subaru last year I ran them 34f/32r (cold settings) and they performed first class :thumb: . Tried the same with my new Toyo 888's and they squirmed around when the air temp was 16 deg so after some advice on here I will be trying them lower on my next trip.

Steve or Thorleif will be able to give you the best info as they both run the same car as you. I am sure one or both will pop up before to long :thumb:

Thorleif
19-04-2007, 02:18 PM
I never run them more then 30psi warm i think it is, need to check next week when i am there, since it is over half a year since i had the car with cups on the track :angry: