PDA

View Full Version : Just back from the Nurburgring.

A2ON
25-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Had a great time , Met dale and the rent4ring crew . ( Thanks for all your amazing help )

Not done 1 full lap before due to car breaking etc when i had the crappy vauxhall . . . (3 limp home mode laps)

Anyway first real lap in a standard Clio 200 bar R888's was 10;20 BGT taken down in 7 laps to 9.13 which i am chuffed with.

Nothing compared to what the car car do i am sure but good for me given newness . . . .

Looking back at the video 10 odd times i can see i made lots of mistakes and the car is capable of 8.18 as on "youtube"

Not sure how this time is but i did not go chasing times just to have fun and my god i did that .

Would love to be able to go back asap and keep learning . . .

Arron.

Nige
25-07-2012, 07:51 PM
You had fun then :thumb:

A2ON
25-07-2012, 07:56 PM
You had fun then :thumb:

yeh i am just putting a proper report together now but it takes ages . . . few not so good times but in the most really fun and addictive

Humpy
28-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Glad you had a good time. Having fun and not chasing times is definately the right approach :thumb: The 09:13 lap shows that you were enjoying it.

Most of us could push harder and do it quicker, but there can be consequenses; like a chap in our group a few years ago that wrote off a rented Clio and ended up with a 8,000 Euro excess bill and 2,000 Euros for armco.

Out of interest, how was the Clio?