PDA

View Full Version : E30 tourer handling?

Sam340
01-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Am currently looking to buy an E30 325i tourer

Can you guys that know tell me about how tourers handle / can handle compared to their 4 & 3 door counterparts.

Once I find one i will be looking to take my tourer to the Ring a couple of times over the summer which will I expect turn into a regular thing.

Just wanted to know what your thoughts are on the handling and best kind of setup ie suspension ARBs etc.

Ideally would want a comprimise of day to day comfort and track / fast road setup.

Will probably run 17's daily but would run 15"s on track.

Look forward to your opinions & ideas! :D

Dave G
01-03-2007, 08:52 AM
I have had a couple of both, and found the Tourer to be better balanced, but slightly heavier.

In my experience, it is certainly more progressive (rear end) and the limit. :thumb:

Weeman
01-03-2007, 09:00 AM
I had one, albeit very briefly, as a ring project. Due to it being a bit of a pup (my car buying skills) I had to sell it again, but in the time I had it, It was great fun. It had been lowered on cheap springs, solid as a rock ride, but great for having fun, tip it into a corner, wait for a hint of understeer, nail it and it would powerslide on command. Was so prone to doing it, with the sus and ditch finder tyres, that I wouldn't let the missus drive it, LOL

Plus they look better than any sedan ever will, imo.

TBR
01-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Sedan?

You a yank?

Gary Kinghorn
01-03-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm building a 325 at the moment. I'm using H&R coilovers and ARB's. The problem is they cost twice as much as the car did

Weeman
01-03-2007, 12:34 PM
I still have H+R touring springs, and the used yellow bilsteins (unknown model type) sat in my spare room, wont lower by the 35mm its suppose to without the extra weight, but should still be an improvement, as for the shocks, thats a mystery, all i know is they are in fairly good condition and came off a 325 rally car, so the day I take it for a drive after it comes out of the garage, will be like a little mystery tour, its either going to handle, or be a complete p.ig, lol but 370 euros for the lot.

Sam340
14-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Just bought one yesterday!!!!!!!! Is a nice one.
:D

Gary Kinghorn
14-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Good luck with it, look forward to seeing the pictures :thumb: