PDA

View Full Version : 1st ring trip 7th-11th April

delcbr
13-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Hi Firstly thanks to all on here who have shared advice in helping me plan this trip.

Right so I was to travel to Newcastle get the overnight ferry to Holland then take a 4 hour drive to the Adenau and stay at Hotel Nordshliefe.
Problem was the bmw overheated and died on the motorway to newcastle so got the car recovered and carried on in my pals car to make the ferry.

Weather was the best ever no rain got sunburn on fri sat and sunday.
hired out a Suzuki swift from rent race car all inclusive 12 laps. started racing at 3pm and finished at 7pm. I didint feel tired at all I kept doing lap after lap lol

saturday got a passanger lap in a Audi rs6 with 5200 worth of ceramic brake upgrade on the front the calipers filled the inside of the huge wheels!!!!

Sunday I was ready for more I hired out a Suzuki swift from a different company this time rent for ring. cars seemed much better full rollcage proper bucket seats with 4 point harness and triple 8 tyres.
nothing was outcornering me on the circuit I even kept up with a green focus RS lol only got away on the straights but i think he wasnt used to being on track and propably wanted to keep his car good.

There were 20000 bikers took to the circuit on sunday which held everyone up and even seen a biker called CATMAN covered in Fur him and his bike lol

Eddys hotel was excellent his apartments were clean and spacious and new and Eddy and his family were welcoming.

!st night went to Pinochios just around the corner from eddys. food was plentiful atmosphere was good and everyone had a smile. food was cheap and at end of night was given a bottle of wine with Pinochio sticker on it very entertaining place.

Read the guide books and they said try Pistolclause so we did on Saturday went in place was dead every table had a reservation on it as racing hadnt finished.
a few diners sat about in silence.
Was greeted with a cold "yes can I help you?" I said yea looking for a table for 4 was shown the table and he checked his watch.

No atmosphere in the place The service was very quick... food came quickly. Didnt feel welcome there.
the food was worst ever no one ordered the steak which its noted for being good there.The food was terrible 4 different meals and all were awfu
Then the racing finished diners started to arrive who were greeted very well perhaps it was because we were not part of the "GT3 Fraternity" who had all parked outside or because we are not regulars but we wont be visiting there or recomendint it again.
Unfortunately this is one of these places were its more important to be seen rather than a place which serves up great food.

So on Sunday our last night we re-visited Pinochios and had the 1Litre Bittenburg beers and thouroughly enjoyed our food.
We received 3 bottles of wine with the Pinochio sticker on them :)

Another place which we went for lunch was right outside Eddys hotel right were theres a track entrance very popular with bikers like an outdoor cafe dont be put off by all the germans the staff spoke english very well and we had a delicious Schnitzel with fries and a lovely salad.

So trip was good. weather was good pinochios was good.hotel nordschliefe was good.
Pistolclause was awful. not bad for first ring trip.
oh I also done the go karts my time was 33.87

my friend managed a 9min 08 in the swift i managed a 9min 39.
Derek

Prawn
13-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Sounds like you had a great time mate!

Strange about PK, I've always found it incredibly friendly in there, and always heaving too when I've been over. Can't comment on the non steak food though, only ever had the steak.

the rent-4-ring cars seem very professional and well build from what I've seen, and Ralf and Freddie and the guys are great too

Chris D
13-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Not been to the PK myself. Is the steak on the stone place?

Shame you didnt go to the Comfy Corner. Jorg and his staff are awesome and the food is second to none. You just have to put up with the grumpy local :whistle:

delcbr
13-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Yea that's the place.
Supposedly the ring taxi is finished for good.
I bought a 15 lap ticket cost me 310 euros big price hike from 250 previously.

Kev_G
13-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Chris Davidson@Apr 13 2011, 05:33 PM
Not been to the PK myself. Is the steak on the stone place?

Shame you didnt go to the Comfy Corner. Jorg and his staff are awesome and the food is second to none. You just have to put up with the grumpy local :whistle:
yep LOVE the steaks there not really eaten anywhere else :lol:

Nige
13-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Good to hear you had a good first trip :thumb:

How did you feel on your first lap ? excited and nervous at the same time ?

I don`t go to PK`s anymore, really nice steaks, but I`ve been unimpressed with the guy who runs it too.

Jorg serves fabulous food, not a bad atmosphere too ;)

Pinnochio Pizzas are good. The calzone is HUGE.

Screacher
13-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Glad you enjoyed your first trip Derek. We've been to PK on every trip and thoroughly enjoyed every meal (steak only - Argentinian Rump is great and it's not worth paying the extra for fillet or whatever they do). However, I do agree that it can get very busy and they certainly squeeze in folks in some small spaces (more a problem for me than many others :whistle:) Not done Pinnochios for some reason or other (often parking or the queuing) but hope to get there sometime.

We're there next week for DN3/4 and CC for the N/L Easter meal is booked. Will probably do PK too. Not sure what Fuchsrohe do for meals but maybe try an al fresco if there's a BBQ on at Camp Pinder (and we're invited!).

As for track-time, two (almost) full trackdays will be most, but might do a little TF if time permits (and the Easter loons aren't out - as if).

:racing:

lance
13-04-2011, 07:21 PM
PK? Don't bother with it anymore. Steak is good, everything else, less than average.

Gary Kinghorn
13-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by lance@Apr 13 2011, 08:21 PM
PK? Don't bother with it anymore. Steak is good, everything else, less than average.
I wouldn't even say the steak was good. A slab of meat and 7 chips for 20 isn't exactly a bargain.

I like going in there, but tend to eat beforehand and just have a few beers instead.

Screacher
13-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by lance @ Apr 13 2011+ 08:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lance @ Apr 13 2011 &#064; 08:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>PK? Don&#39;t bother with it anymore. Steak is good, everything else, less than average.[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-Gary Kinghorn@Apr 13 2011, 08:47 PM
I wouldn&#39;t even say the steak was good. A slab of meat and 7 chips for 20 isn&#39;t exactly a bargain.

I like going in there, but tend to eat beforehand and just have a few beers instead.[/quote]
Blimey. I must be easy to please. Or they must pity me and give me more than 7 chips (or is that as far as you can count Gary :whistle:). Why bother going in for a beer - which according to Lance, is less than average? Surely there are bars near-by which serve decent beers without having to put up with the smell of cooking flesh and noisy oiks like <s>me and</s> Peach?

Gary Kinghorn
13-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Screacher@Apr 13 2011, 08:58 PM
Why bother going in for a beer - which according to Lance, is less than average? Surely there are bars near-by which serve decent beers without having to put up with the smell of cooking flesh and noisy oiks like <s>me and</s> Peach?
I try to stay away the weekends you go :whistle:

Screacher
13-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Gary Kinghorn@Apr 13 2011, 09:22 PM
I try to stay away the weekends you go :whistle:
TFFT. Shame about the N24 tho.

Gary Kinghorn
13-04-2011, 08:30 PM
The upstairs buffet doesn&#39;t count :whistle:

Prawn
13-04-2011, 08:58 PM
newbie question here, but where exactly is CC? I&#39;ve been to Pinnochios loads of time, and Burgstube, and PK and a few others, but never been to CC.....

Sim
13-04-2011, 09:31 PM
I like the Pistenclause for the atmosphere when it is busy, but the food is massively over rated.

The lunch time buffet upstairs is good though&#33;

And Pinoccios, good portions, but plenty of other places that are better.

If there is a large group, and its busy in there, the bill tends to get a bit messed up and "lost in translation"

Once or twice you could put it down to mistakes, but every time is taking the p*ss.

As sais, Comfy Corner is good, Gulianas next to the bridge in Adenau is very cheap, Burgstube does good traditional food with decent portions&#33;

Might be worth trying the steaks up at Ringworks, everyone should have some free credit with all the laps that will have been bought&#33;

delcbr
13-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Nige@Apr 13 2011, 05:42 PM
Good to hear you had a good first trip :thumb:

How did you feel on your first lap ? excited and nervous at the same time ?

I don`t go to PK`s anymore, really nice steaks, but I`ve been unimpressed with the guy who runs it too.

Jorg serves fabulous food, not a bad atmosphere too ;)

Pinnochio Pizzas are good. The calzone is HUGE.
Yea I think the guy who runs the place thinks he&#39;s gods gift to women he couldn&#39;t of been more unwelcoming to us. Yet when other people started to arrive he was all over them and talking Away. My old man used to say eat where bikers and truckers eat they only eat where food is good and well priced. Lol

Rory
13-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Prawn@Apr 13 2011, 09:58 PM
newbie question here, but where exactly is CC? I&#39;ve been to Pinnochios loads of time, and Burgstube, and PK and a few others, but never been to CC.....
Nige will show you the way... ('http://z8.invisionfree.com/Northloop/index.php?showtopic=9184&hl=')

Kev_G
13-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Prawn@Apr 13 2011, 09:58 PM
ive thought this myself to be fair

Karl
14-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Have a look one post above yours, Kev ;)

http://www.bobpitch.com/anon/Turbo-Belm.jpg

Kev_G
14-04-2011, 11:53 AM
^^ :rolf:

epic fail :(

delcbr
14-04-2011, 04:44 PM
I forgot to mention I only encountered 1 idiot on track driving an old White Saleen the guy drove on the left all the way round stopping me from overtaking when it came to the first technical section I flew past him in the swift I never came accross him on the track again. My pal said people were complaining about him saying fast in the car park slow on the track lol I think he was American.
Anyone come across that driver before lol?

JamesW
14-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Not Solo was it? :lol: