PDA

View Full Version : 4th and 5th September

Dave G
06-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Went to the 'ring this weekend with my mate Simon, for another mate's (also called Simon) stag do.

Simon picked me up at 2030 on Friday. Put bag in car.

Got to Eurotunnel after popping some massive flames in his Silvia on the way. :whistle:

Made it onto a crossing 1hr and 20mins before the booked one.

Drove through France, Belguim and Germany and arrived at Eddy's guesthouse at 0600.

Got 2.5 hours sleep. :(

Had breakfast.

Tyres on the Silvia were very worn on the inside edges, so went to the tyre shop on the main road into Adenau on the right hand side.

They swapped the tyres around so the inside edges were now the outside edges. Genius.

I spoke to a nice man called Hans Stimmler, from Rodder (about 7km from Adenau) about cars, and other various things. He asked if I was an actor as I had a beautiful face for an English man. Wasn't sure what to say to that. He was about 65, with his son (I think). To make it weirder, (and how I know his full name and details) he gave me his business card when he left. I think he wanted to have a beer to talk more about life. Cool. :computer:

We then went to say hi to Michaela at the BE, and had some food. Yum.

After that, we headed to the track to have a drink and a chat at the main car park, met a few people; Chris_S, Lizard etc. As I wasn't driving, I thought I'd have a few beers over the afternoon/early evening.

Simon's Silvia had quite a few looks, it's pretty cool looking and the number plate G4Y SX helps attract (un)wanted attention. :lol:

The track opened early at 1640, was due to be 1730. We decided to head out for a lap. Lap was fine.

I only PAX'd the one in the Silvia, Simon fancied doing a few without my 100kg+ ballast.

I then had PAX laps with:

Theo in the 200SX engined E30 BMW. I want that car. Great fun.

Sim in the 318iS E36 - Committed! Very enjoyable.

Bob in his Cayman S - Pretty swift lap, impressive car.

Hmmmm, thought there was another one but can't remember now. Did have a few beers though. :whistle:

After this we headed back to the Guesthouse and had a beer in the bar down the road.

Once everyone was ready we headed to the 'new complex' for dinner, and then into Eifel Stadl for extra beers which we really didn't need. Had a great laugh though, Simon (stag do man) wore Lederhosen. Taxi back to hotel at.......sometime in the wee hours.

Woke up at 9am. Had breakfast. Went to the Dottinger Hohe garage, bought a couple of T-Shirts (one for me, one for the wife!). We were't going to do another lap, but Simon thought sod it, let's do it. :o

We headed to the track and went out behind a German Corvette Z06 which we dragged down to Tiergarten with, amazingly we sat with it up to 130mph then backed off. The Silvia is pretty epicly quick. :computer:

Then out of T13, on boost and a massive WHOOOSH and loss of power/boost. :(

Crawled to Adenau. Saw what was wrong, split turbo boost pipe. Simon was annoyed because they are supposed to take 3.5 bar and it is only a couple of months old. Crawled to RSR. Got roll of duck tape (Thanks John Moffatt!) and bodged it to get us home.

Headed home, tired, for an uneventful, boostless drive home.

Great fun, but these short trips do knacker you out. :Ian Pye:

Mark
06-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Thought I recognised Theo's car.

My weekend of lapping unfortunately ended 3 laps in at Schwedenkreuz :angry:

Dave B
06-09-2010, 09:45 AM
That long splathering bit about Hans Stimmler could be better summed up...

Hans Stimmler wants me for his wife.....end of..

Simon
06-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Mark@Sep 6 2010, 10:44 AM
Thought I recognised Theo's car.

:( What happened Mark? :fish:

Mark
06-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Simon+Sep 6 2010, 10:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Simon @ Sep 6 2010, 10:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mark@Sep 6 2010, 10:44 AM
Thought I recognised Theo&#39;s car.

:( What happened Mark? :fish: [/b][/quote]
Long story short, noob lifts through Schwedenkreuz and goes spinning into the armco. I was following immediately behind, managed to miss him but I drove straight through his dust cloud. The driver had flicked up stones when he was spinning across the grass and peppered the front of my car, puncturing my radiator.

Will know more after speaking to the ADAC again today but at the moment I&#39;m stranded in Germany with an undriveable car.

Simon
06-09-2010, 11:18 AM
That&#39;s bad luck :( . Won&#39;t the ADAC get you home and then back once the car is repaired or are you hoping to get it recovered back home?

rossm
06-09-2010, 11:21 AM
What a pisser Mark

Mark
06-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Simon@Sep 6 2010, 12:18 PM
That&#39;s bad luck :( . Won&#39;t the ADAC get you home and then back once the car is repaired or are you hoping to get it recovered back home?
Hopefully getting ADAC to recover it to Marc&#39;s in Zurmullen and he&#39;ll repair it. I need to be home tomorrow though so going to have to get a flight then I&#39;ll come back out and collect it once it&#39;s repaired.

Floyd
06-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Dave Boulder@Sep 6 2010, 10:45 AM
That long splathering bit about Hans Stimmler could be better summed up...

Hans Stimmler wants me for his wife.....end of..
:rolf:

That&#39;s a bummer Mark :( Did you have words with the chap that caused it?

Simon
06-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Mark@Sep 6 2010, 12:26 PM
Hopefully getting ADAC to recover it to Marc&#39;s in Zurmullen and he&#39;ll repair it. I need to be home tomorrow though so going to have to get a flight then I&#39;ll come back out and collect it once it&#39;s repaired.
Keep the invoices for your travel costs and ADAC should reimburse you for both home & back to collect your car. Just let them know what you are planning and inform them that you would like to claim the costs and they should start the ball rolling :thumb: .

Hope that you get sorted mate :thumb:

Dave G
06-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Just so people don&#39;t think I&#39;m ignoring Mark&#39;s problem, I have been texting him to see if there is anything I can do to help. :thumb:

We met this crazy Swede (Lizard and Chris will remember), who was talking about rallying and all sorts.

Theo let him have a go in his E30 and he said he was very quick&#33;&#33;
Crazy.

Mark
06-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Floyd@Sep 6 2010, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=Dave Boulder,Sep 6 2010, 10:45 AM]That&#39;s a bummer Mark :( Did you have words with the chap that caused it?
Didn&#39;t really have a chance to. I stopped immediately and ran from Aremberg to SX to flag his crash, my mate went straight over to see/help them. We were quickly removed from the track. He said he didn&#39;t have his insurance details on him. I went to the office the next day and they had no insurance details for him. All I have is his registration number.

If it&#39;s just a new radiator which is circa 200 inc fitting I may just let it go and swallow it.

Goose
06-09-2010, 09:20 PM
so are you getting it sorted before the 29th then?

Simon13
07-09-2010, 06:23 PM
good weekend had by me, thanks for coming and behaving well David :lol:

Theo325
07-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Dave G@Sep 6 2010, 12:39 PM
Just so people don&#39;t think I&#39;m ignoring Mark&#39;s problem, I have been texting him to see if there is anything I can do to help. :thumb:

We met this crazy Swede (Lizard and Chris will remember), who was talking about rallying and all sorts.

Theo let him have a go in his E30 and he said he was very quick&#33;&#33;
Crazy.
He was a nutter&#33; Said he could do a 7.50 maybe 7.40 in the car if he had done 3 laps and got the right suspension setup&#33;

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9358/img6544dj.jpg

Simon13
07-09-2010, 07:15 PM
i took said swede out also, he was very keen to drive the alpina. I probably would of let him :shame:

lizard
07-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Theo can&#39;t belive you let a random fella drive the beast&#33; v jelous I love that car of yours.

The Swede was however im pretty sure a Norwegian tho :whistle:

GVK
07-09-2010, 11:28 PM
This nutter Norwegian... Did he look like a serial killer? :whistle:

Sounds like Espen...

lizard
07-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by GVK@Sep 7 2010, 11:28 PM
This nutter Norwegian... Did he look like a serial killer? :whistle:

Sounds like Espen...
Don&#39;t they all tho :fish: :whistle:

Chris_S
08-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Good to see you again, Dave, and your mates. Shame about the car problems, but thats Jap crap for you... ;)

G4y sx Si
08-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the invite Dave had a wicked time and a great night out saturday sorry the seats were not wide enough for you &#33;&#33; Have sorted the hose issue out now, they are swapping them all for high temp ones, would have been nice if they told me I needed high temp ones in the first place but oh well.

Will try and get it back together for snet were I will attept to loose this "jap crap" rumor by not opening the bonnet all day............ Can&#39;t see that working tho

Dave G
08-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Oh yeah, Norweigan.

Beers :whistle:

GHH
09-09-2010, 09:42 PM
we saw g4y sx in the adenau garage when we stopped by for some parts, plate made us chuckle. And wondered what was in that E30 when he passed me in my mk2 golf on the cooldown after the gantry making lots of nice turbo noises, i wouldnt have assumed jap engine, was it a hard conversion?

GVK
09-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Theos thread http://z8.invisionfree.com/Northloop/index...topic=23766&hl= ('http://z8.invisionfree.com/Northloop/index.php?showtopic=23766&hl=')