PDA

View Full Version : Jim's Easter Weekend

Jimmy
08-04-2010, 09:18 PM
I had an excellent trip in Dan’s Mx5 of win! I now have a lotus approved arse; sitting on an S1 lotus seat for 8 hours and with little to no suspension is hardcore!

Our trip started off well... until we arrived at our hotel 8km outside of spa town. A hill-Billy shack appeared. I thought “surely this is not our hotel for the night?”...
After checking in we popped down to the Radisson to catch up with a few forum members I hadn’t met before. Dan made a quick phone call and we were told to go up to a room. As we opened the door we could see that the room was dimly lit with four blokes sitting around lap tops and SLR’s. At this point I thought “what sort of forum I have joined and how far were they expecting me to go on the first night??”

It turns out it was Andy T, Garry K, Jim C and Darren. It was the first time I had met these guys and it was nice to put some names to some faces.

We proceeded to the bar and on the way I told Dan “go get the bags from the other Hotel because we are checking in here! lol.”
A few beers later we headed up to the room. I came out of the bathroom to find Dan strutting around in a dressing gown thinking he was Hugh Heffner or something...

The rest of the weekend was spent lapping in Mark’s Teg, where I saw so many eye opening crashes and realised why the ring deserves a lot of respect. Si and I did a few laps in the Mx5 which was fun and I finally lost my ‘ring virginity’.

Saturday night; I cannot remember a thing – I woke up outside Michaela’s house at 5.30 am. All I said was “no more lol”.

Sunday: Stayed in bed all day!!

Monday: Still hanging we went to the GP circuit for some laps while waiting for the track to re-open. I then spent the afternoon chilling out in the passenger seat of the Teg while Mark lapped for about 1 ½ hours.

Monday night: Michaela made a lovely dinner; we had a few beers and good company.

All in all it was an excellent weekend; massive thanks to Michaela for putting me up and making me feel very welcome.

I cannot wait to go back again hopefully for N24 and meeting more forum members.

I have loads of photos from the weekend and will post some up shortly.

:thumb:

Jim Cameron
08-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Mate, you looked so (Oops I said the F word)ed on the Sunday :D

Jimmy
08-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Jim Cameron@Apr 8 2010, 09:20 PM
Mate, you looked so (Oops I said the F word)ed on the Sunday :D
Sunday wasn't a good day :(

Darren Langeveld
08-04-2010, 09:56 PM
I don't normally entertain strange men in my hotel room late at night ..............

Dan
08-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy@Apr 8 2010, 10:18 PM
he bags from the other Hotel because we are checking in here! lol.”
A few beers later we headed up to the room. I came out of the bathroom to find Dan strutting around in a dressing gown thinking he was Hugh Heffner or something...

B)
http://images.figleaves.com/product/220x308/r391582-p602013-front.jpg

Saturday was such a laugh from what I remember :lol:

Dave619
08-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Sounds like a normal weekend for you Jim! Glad you had fun :veryhappy:

Mark
09-04-2010, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Jimmy@Apr 8 2010, 10:18 PM
A hill-Billy shack appeared... we opened the door we could see that the room was dimly lit with four blokes sitting around lap tops and SLR’s. At this point I thought “what sort of forum I have joined and how far were they expecting me to go on the first night??”
Squeal little piggy!

Hannah
09-04-2010, 08:06 AM
FLOL @ Hugh Heffner.....

Jimmy
09-04-2010, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Dave619@Apr 8 2010, 10:12 PM
Sounds like a normal weekend for you Jim! Glad you had fun :veryhappy:
Almost standard :whistle:

Darren Langeveld
09-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Mark@Apr 9 2010, 08:01 AM
Squeal little piggy!
He did look a little nervous when more and more blokes kept piling into the room, whispering in hushed tones :whistle: