PDA

View Full Version : Car park etiquette

Gary Kinghorn
26-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Car park etiquette

The car park at the ring is not large and can become extremely congested. This can cause frustrations. Follow these simple rules and things will be fine

1. If you are lapping then park in the main car park, if you are wandering round taking in the sights park the other side of the roundabout in the huge overspill car park
2. Be courteous in how you park. Donít block access, park in spaces and park between the lines. If you ride a bike, try to park in a space with other bikes in it.
Do not rev your engine in the car park. You will impress no-one. All you will do is draw attention to yourself and possibly encourage the officials to give you a noise test. Worse still you could be asked to leave.
3. When you leave the car park onto the main road do not drive like a bat out of hell, again the officials will take note, along with the local police who sometimes run speed traps.
4. Lastly if you see any fluids under your car do not ignore them. The issue MUST be sorted before you enter the track. Not only could you receive a large track cleaning charge but you may be responsible for a nasty incident and track closure. You will not be thanked for this.

leavingeasy
26-10-2006, 08:46 PM
5. If you are driving a Japanese car, park somewhere prominant and raise your bonnet. Feel free to do a really slow lap then come in complaining about traffic/ lack of boost/ 911's getting your way.

Dave G
26-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Very good points there.

Especially fluids, so important.

The Ferrari 348 was impressing no-one with his loud exhaust! :jerk:

:thumb:

Uncle Benz
29-10-2006, 03:09 PM
1. Remember when crossing the road that they drive on the right. I always look the wrong way and thus am often nearly run down / called a w*nker in German by irate drivers.

2. It is compulsory to point and laugh at high volume if you see:

Anyone with spinners on their wheels

Any huge subwoofer installations (except in my ML)

Leavingeasy

A picture of Gary's pug in the Pistenklaus

Naaaa, only joking.... not getting run over was my key point.