PDA

View Full Version : French clutter

Floyd
22-09-2006, 09:32 PM
My wifes 306 D 'N' reg has started to leak water :( It is exhibiting all the signs of it being the head gasket.

So, I've done a bit of searching and I've bled the system to see if that's the problem as advised but it hasn't cured the issue. Basically the engine is cold, I start it and within a few seconds the water system is pressurised enough to spew water out of the expansion tank.

I will check to see if the bottom hose is collapsing and then I will undo and re torque the head. I don't think there is a blockage as the thermostat would need to be jammed open as well to make this happen - right?

Is there anything else I can do before I lift the head?

F
PS when I bought the car it had had the head skimmed and gasket replaced for the same problem but it seems strange to go again within a 1000 miles or so :unsure: So either it's be done incorrectly or there is another issue that was only partially solved?

leavingeasy
22-09-2006, 11:52 PM
Do a PH test.

UB has a neat tool for this. Unfortunately he is on holiday. And not your mate.

And I might be slightly pissed.

Gary Kinghorn
23-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Not that I know much but does it have the custard gunk on the inside of the oil cap? Is it USING water? The other way as said is to do a hydracarbon test which checks whats going on in the water ........