PDA

View Full Version : Wiring in an ecu

pete_rallye
09-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Right, got meself an efi ecu, and a loom. Theres lot's of cables, and on two of the cables there are stickers saying +30 and +15. Does this refer to a 30amp and a 15amp supply? Or does it stand for something else? Just the the standard ecu is also labelled +15 but runs from a 5 amp fuse....

Theres also a 2 pin connector labelled lambda supply, and a 3 pin connectors labelled lambda return, anyone got any ideas how I connect these up to a Lambda?!

leavingeasy
09-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Dont do anything til UB comes along!

Trouble is he's cooking something rather lovely for the missus tonight with which he will no doubt be supping on a glass of red- so expect no sense from him at all!

Tony
09-09-2006, 05:00 PM
When Catalytic converters were new and an optional upgrade Volvo used to have a sticker the back of the car saying "Lambda Sonde" which I took to be Swedish for a Cat. Maybe that has something to do with it.

If I may re-iterate Oakie's suggestion that if you don't know what the wires are for then DON'T FECKING TOUCH IT or you will soon have a car that won't work!!! In addition, you will also have a car electrician that has to do six hours of work just to undo the ungodly mess that you have made of your loom before starting to install it properly :lol: :lol: :lol:

T

Uncle Benz
09-09-2006, 07:05 PM
30 is battery positive, 15 is ignition controlled positive. Hope this helps.

As regards the lambda sensor wiring, I really need to know the exact model the ecu is for, but usually if you have a 2 wire plug & a 3 wire, the 2 wire is the heating element. The 3 wire is 2 wires for the sensor reading and a third wire is an earth screen to prevent electromagnetic spikes from corrupting the very low voltage sensor reading signal.

I've just re-read this and it sounds awful, but I hope you can understand!!

Gotta go - steak is burning...............

pete_rallye
09-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Actually, that makes perfect sense, thanks UB! Will have a go at it tomorow!

Tony
09-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Don't say I didn't warn you :whistle: :whistle:

T

GVK
10-09-2006, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Benz@Sep 9 2006, 07:05 PM
30 is battery positive, 15 is ignition controlled positive. Hope this helps.

As regards the lambda sensor wiring, I really need to know the exact model the ecu is for, but usually if you have a 2 wire plug & a 3 wire, the 2 wire is the heating element. The 3 wire is 2 wires for the sensor reading and a third wire is an earth screen to prevent electromagnetic spikes from corrupting the very low voltage sensor reading signal.

I've just re-read this and it sounds awful, but I hope you can understand!!

Gotta go - steak is burning...............
Looks good to me UB! :thumb: