PDA

View Full Version : Oulton Park 21st July

Trevor
21-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Just got back. It was very wet this morning and it was a matter of when, not if there would be a closure. This time it wasn't me! A couple of offs in the am. Nothing too serious. Spent the time drifting/sliding out of the hairpin.

Joe had a go just before lunch and had a 360 spin at the hairpin. All happened a bit too fast for him and he lifted. Oops. No damage as speeds were none existent.

It dried up a bit after lunch for a couple of hours and a dry line emerged. Was about to go out for a last session when the track closed for a few minutes. Finally got out for a quick blatt before the drive home. Part way through the second lap it started to rain and I still had the hood down. Quick dash for the paddock.

Day over, drive home. Just near home the clutch started to fail. Reckon it has gone. Need someone to tell me where to get one from quickly and where to get it fitted as I have a track day on Thursday AND Saturday. Help!

Darran
21-07-2009, 05:55 PM
What are the symptoms? I ask as if the pedal is going to the floor without disengaging, it could be the slave cylinder - this is common and very cheap (15 from MX5 Parts, 30 minutes tops to swap).

Trevor
21-07-2009, 06:13 PM
That sounds about right. It is making a strange noise on clutch down/up too. Juddered a bit, when trying to diagnose it. I'm too tired out to go out and try it again now as I've been up since 5.45 and didn't sleep too well last night.

Thanks for the info Darran. Appreciate the fast response. Typical NL.

pye21
21-07-2009, 07:20 PM
If i had remember you where there today i would have come down this afternoon :(

Oh well :thumb:

Trevor
22-07-2009, 11:30 AM
That is a shame. Next time I'm up there I'll let you know.
Clutch has deffo gone. Ordered a new one from MX5parts and getting it fitted. Cancelled Curborough and Landow though. Always find it helps to have a car to do a track day!

Do you reckon Al would lend me his for the day as a test drive?

pye21
22-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Its worth asking Trevor :lol: