PDA

View Full Version : July 4th & 5th

Dave G
05-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Will write more later, but.....

Arrived at track at 2pm.

Did some laps in the Golf VR6, passengering and couple driven. Brake fade after 1/3 of a lap so not pushing too hard! Good fun.

Did passenger lap in Andrew T's GT3, awesome. Loved that!

Watched for a while at Brunnchen.

Dinner at Blaue Ecke. Bed.

Up early, passenger lap in Fast Dad's R35.....amazing car.

Golf wheel bearing getting noisy.

Decided to head home, lost all gears except 4th after a fuel stop. Made it to Blighty....currently on M20.

Great trip, too short but fun. Trip 13 for me, wasn't too unlucky!

The 'ring has changed very much since my first visit in 2005.....

Tim in Yorkshire
05-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Pretty quiet on track and at the barriers, another good weekend, managed to stay mostly off the beers, helping my wallet/liver and lap times.

Will that VR6 be getting a paint job, or is it going to stay looking rough and ready?

Dave G
06-07-2009, 06:33 AM
Not sure what he is going to do yet....

It's getting a cage and seats + harnesses first.

Well, I say first but the gearbox problem, completely knackered n/s/r wheel bearing and snapped ignition key will be repaired beforehand.

I like it how it is!

Theo325
07-07-2009, 06:13 PM
No bonnet pin issues then?

Gladto hear you had a good trip, 4th gear is all you need for trips to the ring.. :whistle:

Dave G
07-07-2009, 06:23 PM
We were asked to tape them up. Because tap will stop whatever the problem is! Hahah

yes! Luckily we were in a torquemeister like your turd!!! Was interesting....

Theo325
07-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Kewl, I was worried I'd have to fork out for some aerocatches!

I remember driving through Adenau with only 4th gear and having to repeatedly stop and start, looked like a reet twat.

I'm thinking of Going in September 18th-21st - you able to join? It'll be in the Nismo E30, so at the very least you'll get to laugh at me.

Dave G
07-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Ahhh sweet!!

Not sure mate, will be moving house around then so will have to decide nearer the time!