PDA

View Full Version : August 18-21st weekend chat

GVK
23-08-2006, 12:51 AM
I'll do a write up as and when.

Great weekend, cool to meet a few North loopers especially Ian Howell + Jude ;)

Had a very comitted pax lap with Dave (Pooky) in his M3 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

We were there in that pesky old white mk1 Golf that had quite a bit of interest over the weekend B) B)

http://www.seatcupra.net/m0rk/nurburgring2006/full/IMG_4961.jpg

Think one guy in a white DC5 'teg was off here we spoke to? :whistle:

rossi
23-08-2006, 08:04 AM
As a weekend it was a bit hit and miss.

We thought August will be dry and eventually I can sort out approach speeds to some corners and have bigger balls to take them at full speed.The amount of traffic unwilling to give way did howerver prevent this from happening.
Never mind always another time.

I was well impressed with the golf which appeared to be going like a train all weekend.Hope you had a good weekend and got home safely.

7 hour train delay was not helpful for us

wrightyrs
23-08-2006, 08:41 AM
Saw you there this weekend(18th-21st August), great looking car, and a few other cars showing this website.

Was busier than last years DTM weekend, which was a shame as last years weekend was great.

Had a good weekend, stayed at the nearby Centre Parcs which was good and very reasonably priced.

Going back for the 1st-3rd October, can't wait!!!

Darren Langeveld
23-08-2006, 08:48 AM
I had a FG weekend, customers all happy, no one dead and everything went as planned. Track closures minimal, sporadic rain soon dried and I got to meet some cool people. Just regret not being able to say Hi to everyone I wanted to!

Darren Langeveld
23-08-2006, 08:49 AM
I had a FG weekend, customers all happy, no one dead and everything went as planned. Track closures minimal, sporadic rain soon dried and I got to meet some cool people. Just regret not being able to say Hi to everyone I wanted to!

Dave Malings
23-08-2006, 08:50 AM
So FG you told us twice :lol:

Gary Kinghorn
23-08-2006, 08:50 AM
Thats an orginal way of getting your post count up :D :D

Darren Langeveld
23-08-2006, 08:53 AM

Darren Langeveld
23-08-2006, 08:55 AM
Er.... Sorry about that.

I was posting on the phone and it didn't seem to register the post submission :shame:

Still - did I tell you what a cool weekend it was ? :lol:

Gary Kinghorn
23-08-2006, 08:59 AM
any old excuse ......

Out of interest do you have to pay extra for web and walk when you are abroad? Or is it just the standard £7.50 per month or whatever your provider charges?

Gary

Nige
23-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Mr Teflon,

you were going this weekend weren`t you? did you have a good time? ;)

raceways ringer
23-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Great weekend, sorry i didn't get to meet some more of you guys this time but it was the wifes birthday as well & had some business on the go out there as well. Will make a big effort to meet more of you next time.
Hope all returned safe n sound.
gee its good to be back home :( :angry:

Darren Langeveld
23-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Gutmann pug@Aug 23 2006, 08:59 AM
any old excuse ......

Out of interest do you have to pay extra for web and walk when you are abroad? Or is it just the standard £7.50 per month or whatever your provider charges?

Gary
Gary - you still pay data roaming charges (I haven't found a way out of that one yet) but you can still get 3G signals all over the shop. W'n'W is FG - I don't even power up the PC at home in the mornings now, just use the phone instead.

BTW Nige - Did I tell you how FG it all was over the weekend? ;)

Pooky
23-08-2006, 10:20 AM
I had a FG weekend as usual too.

Good to meet some new faces, cursed a bleedin white mk2 Golf that had broken down near the entrance until I found Ian underneath it...

We had a few problems to be expected with a Golf shredding its cam belt plus my car eventually running out of rear pads on the Sunday and the diff nose bush disentegrating. Front tyres have also worn out and the diff was still overheating.

Gary glad you enjoyed your lap, I caught one straight after on film when I took oola out as a passenger, I'll post this in the video section.

That's it for me now this year as I need to do a complete rear axle rebuild, but it will back with a lowered ratio and new trick bits to go round even quicker...

Karl
23-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by raceways ringer@Aug 23 2006, 09:37 AM
Great weekend, sorry i didn't get to meet some more of you guys this time but it was the wifes birthday as well & had some business on the go out there as well. Will make a big effort to meet more of you next time.
I was up there on Saturday in the Mondeo, Steve, but your mate didn't come and ask for the promised paxlap, hope he got one from someone over the weekend? ;)

GVK
23-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Darren, I hear you did some ballet dancing in one of our lot's Jettas at SX? :blink: :blink: :blink:

I saw the flag and the dirt all over the road as I was out in the mk1, Simon said he was following in the 944 Turbo at the time ;)

GVK
23-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Pooky@Aug 23 2006, 10:20 AM
I had a FG weekend as usual too.

Good to meet some new faces, cursed a bleedin white mk2 Golf that had broken down near the entrance until I found Ian underneath it...

We had a few problems to be expected with a Golf shredding its cam belt plus my car eventually running out of rear pads on the Sunday and the diff nose bush disentegrating. Front tyres have also worn out and the diff was still overheating.

Gary glad you enjoyed your lap, I caught one straight after on film when I took oola out as a passenger, I'll post this in the video section.

That's it for me now this year as I need to do a complete rear axle rebuild, but it will back with a lowered ratio and new trick bits to go round even quicker...
Look forward to the vid Dave- wish I'd not spent a fortune on a poxy Golf, could've had an M3 + mods with what I've spent on my old heap. :lol:

Would you say that was a normal lap or were you really pushing?

Enjoyable either way :thumb: :thumb:

Was good chatting to your mates with the Golfs too. Tidy cars. :)

Darren Langeveld
23-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by GVK@Aug 23 2006, 11:24 AM
Darren, I hear you did some ballet dancing in one of our lot's Jettas at SX? :blink: :blink: :blink:

I saw the flag and the dirt all over the road as I was out in the mk1, Simon said he was following in the 944 Turbo at the time ;)
:whistle:

I was waiting for the owner to 'fess up before saying ......... :ph43r:

All good tho' in the end :thumb:

I've just emailed him the photo's I took so he's got a momento :thumb:

GVK
23-08-2006, 11:52 AM
He drove it home and no armco bill, so not too bad. :whistle:

Darren Langeveld
23-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by GVK@Aug 23 2006, 11:52 AM
He drove it home and no armco bill, so not too bad. :whistle:
He should change his name to Scott. Scott Free.

That's a good name for him. :lol:

GVK
23-08-2006, 12:07 PM
He's in the forces and surname is Cassidy, I christened him Major Catastrophe in the PK the other night :lol: :lol:

Matti
23-08-2006, 12:32 PM
What a cracking weekend it was I got some great laps in until my pads gave up the ghost and I forgot to pack my spare ones, but still there is always the next time ;) .

I didnít get chance to speak with most of you but I did see most of the cars about the track.

For those of you on track on the Monday afternoon I was around the Carousel area taking photoís and got some cracking pics of most of your cars going round, I was the guy in the black coat with the umbrella :thumb: .

I will post some of them up soon.

Roll on three weeks time and back over again with some break pads ready :D

Matt

raceways ringer
23-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by GVK@Aug 23 2006, 11:24 AM

Thats good news, i know who to send the bill to for my GSXR

Darren Langeveld
23-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by raceways ringer@Aug 23 2006, 01:50 PM
Thats good news, i know who to send the bill to for my GSXR
They made sure it was all swept and tidy after tho'
We even offered to help sweep up :rolleyes:

All in - a very valuable experience in procedure I'm grateful for, which took my dancing partner a while to get his head around! :D

One thing I will say - he was very well prepared for everything, perhaps we should ask him to outline the correct basic preparations and procedures for dealing with an incident on the Ring.

A FG idea! Could be a FAQ point. Gary? Steph?

Lessons could be learnt :thumb:

Diesel
23-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Well me and the trusty Fireblade were there with Mr Raceways Ringer and gang and we all had a ball.
The ride down to Dover was wet and didnt bode well for the weekend, Calais on the other hand was brightening up and spirits were lifted :D
Last two trips were in my SL500 which left me a little rusty on the two wheeler, I say a little, I was shi**ing myself for the first two laps even though I have done at least 50 laps two wheels in the past.
However things improved and the track started to come at me in the order I remembered and not in some sort of "oh f**k that corner shouldnt be so tight surely" fashion.
The bike felt very vunerable for a while but once my body adjusted to not having a nice cage around it the head followed and the riding became a little less rigid and a whole lot more fluid..

Have put up all the decent pics from Saturday and Sunday online. Please let me know if there are any that any of you want and I will try and get them out to you by email. All originals are 3264 x 2448 so look nice on A3!

Ring pics 18-21 August 2006 (http://album.plant-tec-municipal.co.uk/)

ianv
23-08-2006, 04:21 PM
Top weekend had by me too, Great to meet some new faces, esp Ian and Jude who helped us sort our room. :thumb:

My old golf performed faultlessly all weekend which was no mean feat after been thrashed by Gary and me for about 25 laps! Had lots of peeps coming over to say hello and have a look at it, which is always nice. B)

Probably be my last trip for quite a while now which is a shame but at least it was a good one. :(

Gary Kinghorn
23-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Sounds like you guys had a good one and by the looks of the registaration stats yesterday and today the stickers did the trick too :thumb:

IanHowell
23-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Well what a weekend!!

Met some great people! :thumb:

Had some laughs! :lol:

Broke my Car! (yes it was me by the small car park entrance under the white Golf GTi mark 2) :shame:

Rented the 318i Compact from Rent-a-Racer! :)

Got some good laps in, had some good PAX laps :D

Got car fixed (thanks Steph, the luckiest driver this weekend!) :blink:

Had a few beers, ate some nice food! B)

Got no sleep (no, not due to GVK's snoring :D )

All in all another great weekend that could never be called boring :thumb:

Will try to write it up in a bit more detail later.

Ian

Matti
23-08-2006, 08:15 PM
I thought i had seen you under the car at one point Ian :o

I got some brilliant shots of your car on the monday though mate B)

IanHowell
23-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Hi Matt,

Can you let me know where I can look at them or is it possible to email them to me, if so I'll PM my email address.
Sorry I never got that Pax lap or more time to chat, maybe next time.

Ian

Matti
23-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Not a problem mate i was busy sorting my brake problems out for most of the weekend :rolleyes:

Pm me your e-mail addy and i will send them over on the weekend when i get back from work.

Matt

raceways ringer
23-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Mr Teflon@Aug 23 2006, 02:30 PM
They made sure it was all swept and tidy after tho'

Sorry i should of said for the cleaning of it ;)
I guess this was the jetta missing a bumper? if so you guys did make a mess, thanks to the guy warning us all about it, top man :thumb:

raceways ringer
23-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Karl+Aug 23 2006, 11:01 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Karl @ Aug 23 2006, 11:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-raceways ringer@Aug 23 2006, 09:37 AM
Great weekend, sorry i didn&#39;t get to meet some more of you guys this time but it was the wifes birthday as well & had some business on the go out there as well. Will make a big effort to meet more of you next time.
I was up there on Saturday in the Mondeo, Steve, but your mate didn&#39;t come and ask for the promised paxlap, hope he got one from someone over the weekend? ;) [/b][/quote]
:lol: i told him i laid on a lap with you but he seemed to sleep most of the weekend, i think the ride there on his 400 near on killed him :lol: I am thinking about going out september so i might take you up on your offer if your there & its still available?

He was trying this for size as new ring toy Karl, enjoy :lol:

http://www.ringjunkies.co.uk/john%20in%20car.JPG

GVK
24-08-2006, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Mr Teflon@Aug 23 2006, 02:30 PM
They made sure it was all swept and tidy after tho&#39;

All in - a very valuable experience in procedure I&#39;m grateful for, which took my dancing partner a while to get his head around&#33; :D

One thing I will say - he was very well prepared for everything, perhaps we should ask him to outline the correct basic preparations and procedures for dealing with an incident on the Ring.

A FG idea&#33; Could be a FAQ point. Gary? Steph?

Lessons could be learnt :thumb:
I&#39;ll link him here when he&#39;s back online Darren, good idea boss. :thumb:

GVK
24-08-2006, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by rossi@Aug 23 2006, 08:04 AM

I was well impressed with the golf which appeared to be going like a train all weekend.Hope you had a good weekend and got home safely.

Thanks, which car was you in?

Darren Langeveld
24-08-2006, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by GVK@Aug 24 2006, 04:58 AM
I&#39;ll link him here when he&#39;s back online Darren, good idea boss. :thumb:
We do a similar thing on our site HERE (http://www.ringweekends.co.uk/safety.htm) which we expand upon in both supplied documentation and verbal briefings, but it would be good to have a more comprehensive one detailed on here.

Kind of start to finish procedure thing ?

Steph
24-08-2006, 07:42 AM
Well it certainly was an eventful trip and I must be the luckiest chap in NATO thatís for sure "Non Stick", once Iíve got through the in tray which is as high as one of the Eiffel Mountains I will write my events up.

Good idea on the FAQ I would be happy to draft it, but it would need topping and tailing just in case I missed anything.

:thumb:

oola
24-08-2006, 09:53 AM
We had a great weekend .... will try and write a report at some point but dial up and the lack of pictures means I am struggling until BT sort it out&#33; :jerk:

Anyway, I made some interesting observations with this being only my 3rd ever visit....

There seems to be a number of people who have visited the Ring &#39;biggin it up&#39; when it comes to how fast they perceive they are, not from this forum tho&#33; The people I have met/had contact with on here seemed to be level headed and far more experienced then myself and don&#39;t have a point to prove on how fast they can peddle their bike/car around the Ring .... and there are some of you who are bloody quick&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I saw a number of UK registered cars (mainly from German or Italian manufacturers&#33;) which I expected to see moving reasonably quickly on the track as with suspension upgrades, big brake kits, brake cooling etc etc you would really expect that they were experience either on track in general or on the Ring. BUT, I was amazed to see some of them driven quite badly for such a dangerous circuit and really not been used to their full potential ... it was almost a case of &#39;I have a 16" man-member, but I am afraid to use it&#39;&#33; :gay:

For these people, I don&#39;t have much respect for, I mean what is the point?&#33;The thing I like about the Ring and the people that visit it regularly is the respect they have for the place and that there is no &#39;car snobery&#39; ... its all about enjoyment of whatever is at your disposal and the fact that if you can peddle a fairly reasonably priced car around the track, then repsect is due.

The annoying thing is you get home and look on other forums about their experiences and you find absolute horse-chit&#33;&#33; Here is an example of someone on another forum about how quickly they are driving. I think I overtook this guy a couple of times so I must have been doing a sub 8 minute lap in my old girl ..... yeah righto :jerk:

I did time myself for one lap with a stopwatch, I pulled an 8.27 Not too bad for an ICE laden M3. Also, a manual M3 is no slower than an SMG car because if you do it properly at the Ring with an E46 M3, you mostly need 3rd and 4th gear for a smooth run. I only needed 5th at Schwedenkreuz, where terminal speed before hitting the brakes was around 135MPH.

FFS 3rd and 5th gear?&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; In that car he should be in 5th or 6th and surely he should be hitting 150mph + for a lap of that nature?&#33;

RANT OVER&#33;&#33; - DISCUSS&#33;&#33;&#33;

Simon
24-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Oola

You have summed them up in one post. These people used to wind me up tbh but now i just don&#39;t bother & all I hear from them is &#39; blaa, blaa 8 mins, blaa blaa&#39; Yawn. Most on here have nothing to prove & I would like to think that we all drive the ring to enjoy it and have fun with friends.

For me the driving at the weekend is only a part of the experiance. Everyone that I go with hopefully feels the same, I am sure that they do.

Diesel
24-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Simon@Aug 24 2006, 11:05 AM

For me the driving at the weekend is only a part of the experiance. Everyone that I go with hopefully feels the same, I am sure that they do.
Couldnt agree more
Have been to the Ring several times since 2002 and without doubt have enjoyed myself as much off the track as on it.
The social aspect of being with like minded friends, old and new, is as big a part of any trip as driving or riding round the circuit.
For me and the people I go with its never about lap times or how much HP were devoloping, its about fun and returning home, with all who went, in one piece&#33;

oola
24-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Diesel+Aug 24 2006, 10:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Diesel @ Aug 24 2006, 10:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Simon@Aug 24 2006, 11:05 AM

Couldnt agree more
Have been to the Ring several times since 2002 and without doubt have enjoyed myself as much off the track as on it.
The social aspect of being with like minded friends, old and new, is as big a part of any trip as driving or riding round the circuit.
For me and the people I go with its never about lap times or how much HP were devoloping, its about fun and returning home, with all who went, in one piece&#33; [/b][/quote]
Simon and Deisel, glad you have confirmed it not just me then?&#33;

I totally agree, its all about the enjoying yourself and getting home unscathed. We have a great group of lads that go and I&#39;ve met some great people out there who are like-minded and clearly are excited about every trip as it it were their 1st.

I suppose what ever passtime you have, there are always some people who like to fantasise about their ability ..... but it always seems to be those with cars which are probably &#39;garage queens&#39; for 99% of the year ...

Dave Malings
24-08-2006, 10:59 AM
I think for some it&#39;s a medal of honour and a bit of bravado. It&#39;s always good fun reading some threads after the event.

I always remember one on the lancer register...classic, I&#39;ll try and dig it out.

Can you lilke to the thread, so we can all have a laugh :thumb:

Dave

Darren Langeveld
24-08-2006, 11:11 AM
There were some shocking displays of &#39; driving &#39; tho&#39; . I was paxing in an Exige which had to swerve to avoid an Italian M3 passing at PF1 with 2 wheels on the grass&#33; And we were on the racing line about to take the jump&#33; Not best pleased&#33;

Dave Malings
24-08-2006, 11:15 AM
A classic case of PDS (http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?threadid=29591&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

raceways ringer
24-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Diesel+Aug 24 2006, 10:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Diesel @ Aug 24 2006, 10:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Simon@Aug 24 2006, 11:05 AM

Couldnt agree more
For me and the people I go with its never about lap times or how much HP were devoloping, its about fun and returning home, with all who went, in one piece&#33; [/b][/quote]
I will 2nd that Deez :thumb:

oola
24-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Dave Malings@Aug 24 2006, 11:15 AM
A classic case of PDS (http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?threadid=29591&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

Dave, well done mate, what a find, PDS at its best&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Here is the link to the site I described ... PDS Merchants (http://87.194.35.237/showthread.php?t=9157)

Simon
24-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Quality Dave, had forgot about that MLR thread. :thumb:

Pooky
24-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by oola+Aug 24 2006, 11:29 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (oola @ Aug 24 2006, 11:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dave Malings@Aug 24 2006, 11:15 AM

Here is the link to the site I described ... PDS Merchants (http://87.194.35.237/showthread.php?t=9157) [/b][/quote]
I&#39;m completely stunned that it was from that evotechnik lot....... :whistle:

oola
24-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Pooky+Aug 24 2006, 12:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pooky @ Aug 24 2006, 12:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by oola@Aug 24 2006, 11:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dave Malings@Aug 24 2006, 11:15 AM

Here is the link to the site I described ... PDS Merchants (http://87.194.35.237/showthread.php?t=9157)
I&#39;m completely stunned that it was from that evotechnik lot....... :whistle: [/b][/quote]
I thought you might be&#33; :hehegay: :P

GVK
24-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Simon@Aug 24 2006, 10:05 AM
Oola

You have summed them up in one post. These people used to wind me up tbh but now i just don&#39;t bother & all I hear from them is &#39; blaa, blaa 8 mins, blaa blaa&#39; Yawn. Most on here have nothing to prove & I would like to think that we all drive the ring to enjoy it and have fun with friends.

I was chatting to a few veteran &#39;ringers over the weekend and we agreed that there were lots of fast &#39;looking&#39; (especially UK) cars around :lol:

One guy said "Spot &#39;em a mile off, braking in odd places and on the wrong side of the track" Hehe.

We&#39;ve had it on our GTI forum where you try and organise a track day/ ring trip and there are always those that start saying my car needs big this, long those - wide things and all sorts.

NO&#33;&#33; :angry: :angry: :angry:

Go and learn the track and then how to drive it, then &#39;fix&#39; your car - had same convo with Theo? at RR who does the rent-racecar.de spin off - good bloke , funny as feck&#33; :lol:

Funniest thing was when those &#39;speed ball 2000 ? &#39; group turned up from Prague on Monday, some bloke from South West was in a Skyline and he said he&#39;s *got* to do a 10 min lap :lol: :lol: :lol:

< sarcastic GVK > "Yeah,everyone says that these days" :whistle:

GVK
24-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by oola+Aug 24 2006, 12:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (oola @ Aug 24 2006, 12:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Pooky@Aug 24 2006, 12:03 PM

I&#39;m completely stunned that it was from that evotechnik lot....... :whistle:
I thought you might be&#33; :hehegay: :P [/b][/quote]
Ahh, saw loads of UK E46 M3s driving along the right hand side of the track on Sunday..

Parade lap :thumb: :thumb:

Pooky
24-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by GVK+Aug 24 2006, 05:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GVK @ Aug 24 2006, 05:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by oola@Aug 24 2006, 12:27 PM

Originally posted by Pooky@Aug 24 2006, 12:03 PM

I thought you might be&#33; :hehegay: :P
Ahh, saw loads of UK E46 M3s driving along the right hand side of the track on Sunday..

Parade lap :thumb: :thumb: [/b][/quote]
An 8.27 parade lap :hehegay: with ICE...must have been BTG (Breidscheid to gantry)

Euan
24-08-2006, 06:29 PM
I thought the video in question

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIfS-hE6BBM

was pretty entertaining stuff, and no question it was quick at sub 8.25btg.
Their driving was polite, pulling over to the right for all faster traffic.
Nice to see Thorleif coming past after Ad Forst :thumb: , looked like it might have been Sean (Bren&#39;s mate) on his tail on the bike? Also the bike overtaking out of the Karussel looked to be going at warp factor 3 B)

The camera car was turning in way too early at lots of corners, could see his exit speed was compromised because of that. Just shows you what a capable car the E46 M3 is, even with ICE :D Would have thought an 8.15btg was easily on without all the traffic and slightly better line.

raceways ringer
24-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by GVK@Aug 24 2006, 05:29 PM

Funniest thing was when those &#39;speed ball 2000 ? &#39; group turned up from Prague on Monday, some bloke from South West was in a Skyline and he said he&#39;s *got* to do a 10 min lap :lol: :lol: :lol:

< sarcastic GVK > "Yeah,everyone says that these days" :whistle:
:lol: i ve done that with 48bhp :lol:

GVK
24-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Euan, another weekend gone, and I&#39;ve still not been out in the 968 yet&#33;&#33; :(

I had two laps with Keith in the Speedster, saw that I turn in too early on a few corners, as where he turned in, I could see spots I&#39;ve never found :lol: :lol:

I really enjoy going out with those with &#39;proper&#39; ring experience ( 100s of laps ) I always learn something. Which is good. :thumb:

I was joking about the 8:27 parade lap, but there were a few UK M3s just pootling around. :)

Euan
24-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by GVK@Aug 24 2006, 06:48 PM
Euan, another weekend gone, and I&#39;ve still not been out in the 968 yet&#33;&#33; :(

I had two laps with Keith in the Speedster, saw that I turn in too early on a few corners, as where he turned in, I could see spots I&#39;ve never found :lol: :lol:

I really enjoy going out with those with &#39;proper&#39; ring experience ( 100s of laps ) I always learn something. Which is good. :thumb:

I was joking about the 8:27 parade lap, but there were a few UK M3s just pootling around. :)
You didn&#39;t miss much, beleive me&#33; Car is knackered, especially the suspension, fronts shocks are knackered&#33; I guess 2.5 seasons (which is about 12-15 trips over the last 3 years) on the Ring have to catch up at some time.

Thinking about putting a whole new suspension on the car over the winter - KW 3 seems to be flavour of the moment for the 968. Hoping that will get the car back to the way it should be, if doing some VLN&#39;s doesn&#39;t bankrupt me in the meantime&#33;
It&#39;s true what they say about racing - just set fire to your wallet, cuts out the middleman.

Gary Kinghorn
24-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Euan+Aug 24 2006, 08:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Euan @ Aug 24 2006, 08:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GVK@Aug 24 2006, 06:48 PM

You didn&#39;t miss much, beleive me&#33; Car is knackered, especially the suspension, fronts shocks are knackered&#33; I guess 2.5 seasons (which is about 12-15 trips over the last 3 years) on the Ring have to catch up at some time.

Thinking about putting a whole new suspension on the car over the winter - KW 3 seems to be flavour of the moment for the 968. Hoping that will get the car back to the way it should be, if doing some VLN&#39;s doesn&#39;t bankrupt me in the meantime&#33;
It&#39;s true what they say about racing - just set fire to your wallet, cuts out the middleman. [/b][/quote]
Dont believe a word Euan says ......... he still hussles that bloody thing on like its possessed ;)

Euan
24-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Meant to also say I&#39;ve never seen so many E46 M3&#39;s on the Ring - incredible&#33; Probably related to the BMW course earlier in the week.

I had one lap with Steve Gill in his M3 CSL - it was bloody fantastic&#33; Especially given he&#39;s only had the thing for a few weeksl&#33;

Gary Kinghorn
24-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Was the northloop sticker on the inside or outside of his window :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to my lap too :thumb:

Euan
24-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Gutmann pug@Aug 24 2006, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=Euan,Aug 24 2006, 08:43 PM]
Dont believe a word Euan says ......... he still hussles that bloody thing on like its possessed ;)
I think you meant like it&#39;s the poseidon ;) And that&#39;s exactly what the steering feels like&#33;

Dave Malings
24-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Give me first rufusal on the front shocks :thumb:

Euan
24-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Dave Malings@Aug 24 2006, 08:23 PM
Give me first rufusal on the front shocks :thumb:
Dave,

your first in the rufusal line ;)

(? is that half english / half german :huh:)

Dave Malings
24-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Something like that ;)

Mine should be 968 M030 spec, but something in the back of my mind tell me they are not :blink: :unsure: :huh:

GVK
24-08-2006, 09:47 PM

GVK
25-08-2006, 02:15 AM
http://www.seatcupra.net/m0rk/nurburgring2006/

Steve Gill
25-08-2006, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Gutmann pug@Aug 24 2006, 08:53 PM
Was the northloop sticker on the inside or outside of his window :lol: :lol:
Oi&#33; :lol: :lol:

Gary Kinghorn
25-08-2006, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Steve Gill@Aug 25 2006, 06:41 AM
Oi&#33; :lol: :lol:
;) ;)

Well was it :whistle:

Steve Gill
25-08-2006, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Gutmann pug@Aug 25 2006, 07:46 AM
;) ;)

Well was it :whistle:
No comment :whistle:

Simon
25-08-2006, 07:56 AM
lol :lol: Buster Bloodvessel as well as Dr Evil http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i270/GVK34/2006%20ring%20trip%20scncgti/2006_0819clubgtiringtrip20060016_sm.jpg

:o

GVK
25-08-2006, 08:10 AM
lol :angry:

Ian says my car will have a white fluffy cat strapped to the roll cage asap :lol:

Typical answer phone message from IanV

"C&#39;mon blofelt answer the phone, or are you planning the next phase of world domination?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

GVK
25-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Once again I have exhausted the image limit on a single post :whistle:

VLN Golf pics.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i270/GVK34/2006%20ring%20trip%20scncgti/2006_0819clubgtiringtrip20060055_sm.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i270/GVK34/2006%20ring%20trip%20scncgti/2006_0819clubgtiringtrip20060056_sm.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i270/GVK34/2006%20ring%20trip%20scncgti/2006_0819clubgtiringtrip20060057_sm.jpg

Steph
25-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by GVK@Aug 25 2006, 08:10 AM

Ian says my car will have a white fluffy cat strapped to the roll cage asap :lol:

Typical answer phone message from IanV

"C&#39;mon blofelt answer the phone, or are you planning the next phase of world domination?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

You just need a SPECTRE plate from David to top it off.

GVK
25-08-2006, 11:09 AM
I bet you can lay your hands on one :thumb:

Thorleif
25-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Euan@Aug 24 2006, 11:29 PM
I thought the video in question

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIfS-hE6BBM

was pretty entertaining stuff, and no question it was quick at sub 8.25btg.
Their driving was polite, pulling over to the right for all faster traffic.
Nice to see Thorleif coming past after Ad Forst :thumb: , looked like it might have been Sean (Bren&#39;s mate) on his tail on the bike? Also the bike overtaking out of the Karussel looked to be going at warp factor 3 B)

The camera car was turning in way too early at lots of corners, could see his exit speed was compromised because of that. Just shows you what a capable car the E46 M3 is, even with ICE :D Would have thought an 8.15btg was easily on without all the traffic and slightly better line.
Both cars had wrong lines in more or less all corners, and did not use the track at all. Sure they where good with the use of mirrors, but last weekend had a bunch of cars-bikes with no mirrors at all. It was Sean that was behind me, as we decided on having some fun laps together.

GVK
25-08-2006, 11:57 AM
Met you breifly at the weekend Thorleif, your were telling us (Euan and...) how the judge was a f&#39;kin w@nker for the points he gave you on the BMW course.

Pity about your tyres having the canvas showing as I would&#39;ve enjoyed a lap out in the CSL. :thumb:

Thorleif
25-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by GVK@Aug 25 2006, 04:57 PM
Met you breifly at the weekend Thorleif, your were telling us (Euan and...) how the judge was a f&#39;kin w@nker for the points he gave you on the BMW course.

Pity about your tyres having the canvas showing as I would&#39;ve enjoyed a lap out in the CSL. :thumb:
At the end of the day I was not the best, thats why I lost, so I am the useless twat :( , better luck next year, and just jump in when you see a free passenger seat, as all other ones is doing that :o

Simon
25-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by GVK@Aug 25 2006, 12:57 PM

You must of been mistaken, i hav never heard Thorleif utter the word fcuk in his life :whistle:

rallyevr6
25-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Hi everyone.

LAst weekend was my first at the ring, and I can definatly say it won&#39;t be my last. I loved every minute.

Was great to meet Ian Howell and Jude who I tried to help out with his sick car after the mk2 VR was used to tow him away from teh ring to his hotel. Loved the many passenger laps in ths 318 Compact as a result which helped me no end with my lines over the course of the weekend.

A looong write up of my first Ring trip can be found here:

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80438&page=27

He&#39;s a pic of me in my mates car I was driving at the weekend....

http://images4.fotopic.net/?iid=yxorgx&outx=699&quality=70

Can&#39;t wait till I go again now.....I&#39;d go back this weekend if I could afford it.... :D

dasilvia
25-08-2006, 06:16 PM
hi guys,

i planned a short visit to the ring on monday.
I was looking forward to meeting some of you.
but bad luck , meant that the visit was even shorter than expected,
so i didn&#39;t manage to meet most of you. ( i did have a very quick chat with ian howell)
On my 2nd lap ,the clutch gave up.
so i had to be towed away.
So if you did see a red sx on the truck , it was mine ,
luckily not due to accident , and hopefully the damage will be easily repaired.
Still waiting if my garage can fix it.

cya,
Danny

GVK
25-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Nick, were you dribing?? :lol: :lol: :whistle:

rallyevr6
25-08-2006, 06:52 PM
No Gary....I was Driving..... :whistle: :shame:

GVK
25-08-2006, 07:03 PM
You were dribbling Friday night, getting your 30euros worth out of the PK waitress :P :P :P

rallyevr6
29-08-2006, 08:23 AM
LOL, this is true. But if she would bend over like that it would be rude not too look&#33;&#33; :lol:

Still, it was Ian that declared he was getting the horn over Mini Sabine. :lol: :lol:

Steph
29-08-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Thorleif@Aug 25 2006, 01:47 PM

At the end of the day I was not the best, thats why I lost, so I am the useless twat :( , better luck next year, and just jump in when you see a free passenger seat, as all other ones is doing that :o
Thorleif, I was chatting to to one of your fellow competitors on the BMW contest, he was driving a Black (Rented) Carrara S on track,.

The chap was scottish and had an America Twang, I was sure he said that you had won part of the contest ??

Patrick Mensink
17-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by ianv@Aug 23 2006, 04:21 PM
Top weekend had by me too, Great to meet some new faces, esp Ian and Jude who helped us sort our room. :thumb:

My old golf performed faultlessly all weekend which was no mean feat after been thrashed by Gary and me for about 25 laps&#33; Had lots of peeps coming over to say hello and have a look at it, which is always nice. B)

Probably be my last trip for quite a while now which is a shame but at least it was a good one. :(

Too bad. Always like the way you go round in this nice car, it&#39;s a pleasure to look at. Hope you will be back next year? :thumb:

GVK
23-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Patrick, looking at the blue Golf in your avatar, do you know the tall Dutch guy who had a silver mk1 Golf at the &#39;ring last year..?

He had a bag of lolipops :lol: