PDA

View Full Version : 3 years 10 minutes

jf_cole
29-04-2009, 12:49 PM
It took 3 years and 32 laps, but I finally broke the 10 minute barrier at the weekend. ( I dont go for a time or look at the clock while driving, but use Virtual cup to record the lap and look at it later ).

Flew into Frankfurt Am Main on Friday evening and enjoyed a night time view from the Maintower (WOW!) and a walk through the red light district (UGH) to the Irish bar - We Irish are strange like that.

Picked up the Rental 320D at Frankfurt Airport on Saturday morning and took the scenic route down the mosel, via Cochem to Daun for some fun on the rodelbahn. We then drove to Adenau to check into Blaue Ecke (tranlating to Blue Cake according to my friend :D ).

Did the trackwalk with RSR and I have to say it was well worth the money. Our bus took a funny line around the track, but the insight that was given at the key corners defo helped and Im certain Im now smoother into the Karrussell and faster (but with more knowledge) through Ex Muhle. Thanks to Dale & Ron for comming up with a brilliant idea and you guys should expand this to few hours if you could and charge more, I know I would pay for it.

Sunday morning came and I picked up the Suzuki Swift from Rent4Ring. Did a 1.5 lap to get used to the car and check out the new areas of tarmac and those that have deteriorated (Metzgesfeld II defo has more bumpy braking now). I took a friend each out (had 4 with me) for a lap and in doing so, finally broke the 10 minute barrier.

Made this Gif thanks to one of the photographers ( I Think Danielle ) on touristenfahrer forum:

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l208/jf_cole/gickr1com_02a2c2d4-fbb3-bb74-01ff-9.gif

Absolutely chuffed with achieving a goal safely and with only 130bhp! Those Swifts are excellant little cars. The steering is light to start, but you learn to trust the grip.

Had a fantastic weekend and as always thanks to Michaela at BE for being a super host.

Weeman
29-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Well done mate

You did it the reet way rather than the balls out backwards into the armco approach :lol:

I still chuckle at how quick mine can go round there with only 140 haha

Tom
01-05-2009, 12:19 AM
well done... What forum is that? Wouldnt mind some of the 106 is anyone had any at easter :)

Michaela
01-05-2009, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by jf_cole@Apr 29 2009, 12:49 PM
Had a fantastic weekend and as always thanks to Michaela at BE for being a super host.
Always again :rolleyes:

And thanks again for the present!!! :shame:

Hope you had a good flight home...

RICK-ITFC
01-05-2009, 05:24 PM
:thumb: Hi i,am sure we had a little race together, i was in the gold astra coupe... had a problem with the coilpack overheating , lost a lot of bhp up hills, and 2/3 cylinders on tick over. The car you had really flew and handled well from were we were sitting.....sounds like you had a good time. :wave:

Dale
05-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Great to see you Jeff! :thumb:

Juanjo
06-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi Jeff!!!

I have to say I'm surprised because I have seen you driving with the white RSR Clio and I assumed you would be under 10 no doubt!!

I'm sure there is more to come from you driving as you are taking it steadily, I have been in the Swift and it really gives you good confidence and response.

Well done, see you soon!

:thumb:

leaod
21-05-2009, 11:12 PM
nice. Happened to me last Easter but I didn't mention as on my first trip nige told me off about laptimes. :whistle: