PDA

View Full Version : if it wasn't for bad luck...............

texas2201
27-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Houston luck strikes again...........................

Green Lotus Excel out of Storage - new Coil overs fitted, new exhaust section fitted, Check , new seats no check, new 4 pots no check, air con working no check, fiberglass repairs in boot no check

A well of to the Ring anyway tax check ins check (bloody insurers but that is another story!!!! :-( )

uneventful trip over, but arrive in Nurburg with a screeching power steering belt!. pop into RSR and Jon is there so he agrees to have a look..... belt id loose but the pump and its bracket are hanging off and a bolt is missing - 1 hour or so later back on the road. get one slow lap in before it closes - doesnt feel good so back to RSR to adjust the shocker settings - that feels better

Brakes shuddering so Jon had a look at them over the 6 months of storage the pads have left a ridge on the disks - hope it wears off

Out the next day car feels good on the local roads, brakes appear to be getting better.

Evening session out for a lap giving it a bit more beans into Karrousell - F****n Italian undertakes me in his diesel Audi coming out!!!! he couldnt wait the 2 sec until I could move over safetly cnuts

However, the car did not feel good after that - back in the car park check rear shocks...........both are now leaking ther oil.............. no more laps in the Excel then :-(

Then on the way home just 10 mins from the car ferry terminal at 5am in the dark the sidelights and instrument panel went out - checked the fuses all ok checked the relay F**k*d a tech term. Well the headlights were still working so carried on but nearly didnt get on the ferry

At least it got me there and back and didnt strand me anywhere :-(

It was a beautiful day on sunday so I couldnt face not driving so I hired one of THeos BMW 120i with KW and roll cage. Really good little car did four entertaining laps then the brakes started making a funny screeching squealing sound so took it back.

They could not fix it straight away so they gave me the 330i with roll cage and KW very heavy car but a lot of fun

So all in all I got 10 laps in on the Sunday and all (apart form the Lotus one) were belters

Also had a good Barbie with Jochen and his dad and a good meal and craic down Pistenklaus

Now I have the Lotus jacked up and will be taking the Avo coilovers off to send back to the manufacters for replacement. the ones on my other Excel have been fine

Jim Cameron
27-04-2009, 08:39 PM
:lol: Bloody Hell Martin, sucks to be you!

Not a bad weekend though at the end of the day, must have been dear though...

texas2201
27-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Yeah I could do with some good luck someday soon

It was 430 euros in total inc fuel I exceeded the 130klics by 85 :-)

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e31/texas2201_photo/T9E_1443D.jpg

Simon
28-04-2009, 07:53 AM
430? That include insuring the excess as well?

Sounds like you have an eventful weekend, Martin :o

Weeman
28-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious.

:lol:

Hope the next ones better martin :(

rossm
28-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Sounds painfully annoying

slidersguesthouse
28-04-2009, 11:57 AM
good to catch up with you Martin.. lovely car.. shame it needed so much TLC over the weekend... kept John busy tho :lol: see you next time ... it has to get better mate :thumb:

texas2201
28-04-2009, 06:07 PM
yes it was a painfully annoying weekend - very frustrating

Simon on the rent car I am not sure - the excess was 8000 euro max but I dont remember about insuring the excess

texas2201
28-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Weeman@Apr 28 2009, 08:58 AM
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious.

:lol:

Hope the next ones better martin :(
someone had put the shocks on using molegrips instead of using an allen key to tighten them up to the top mount - thus marking the shafts which caused tears in the seals - they are going to refurb them for 50 which includes new shafts etc - meanwhile they have given me some replacement ones until mine are back

most of the problems were minor Weeman and not serious :-) hopefully next time it will be better - still I did get 9 spirited laps in :-)

Floyd
28-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Rough luck, for sure :(