PDA

View Full Version : July 21-24th trip report

Gary Kinghorn
25-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Friday
Dave picked gary up from his brothers at 6.15am, so a nice lie-in for Gary for a change.
It was the Porsches first trip of the year and Dave was looking forward to getting the old girl back to the hallowed ground.
Gary’s work colleague Ross was joining the guys with his girlfriend Gemma and their friends Andy and Liz.
Dave and Gary caught the 8.28 tunnel crossing, easy as pie great start.
Ross / Andy / Gemma / Liz catch later ferry than they should have done due to over booking. Gary’s gearbox was in the back of Ross’s VR6 so the likelihood of it being fitted Friday started to reduce.
Dave and Gary got to Brussels when they got a text from Ross saying he was delayed again and stuck in the channel waiting to dock :o The chance of the 205 being roadworthy for the weekend dwindling fast.

Dave and gary arrive at ring by 2pm and immediately take Gary’s clutch to the garage for them to start work on at least that.
Dave goes to start lapping for the first time with his new suspension fitted, but the car seems to be under steering more than normal?
Gary picks up Rob’s M3 which has been fully resprayed and looks stunning. Large bill, but a great job. :thumb:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/tvr400/Nurburgring%2021st-24th%20July%2006/IMG_8214.jpg
Ross and the other finally arrive at 4.30 and the gearbox is taken direct to Arno. Gary is already testing the local speciality
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/tvr400/Nurburgring%2021st-24th%20July%2006/IMG_8216.jpg
Unfortunately 5mins was not enough time to fit a gearbox so Gary’s plan to drive at the weekend was out of the window.
Dave bought enough beer for everyone and some nice glasses to drink it from! Something Dave does well is beer. :ph43r:
Stunning weather, not a cloud in the sky and some nice clear Friday afternoon laps.
Met up with the Oola in his nice M3 GT and his friends.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/tvr400/Nurburgring%2021st-24th%20July%2006/IMG_9580.jpg
Met and had a chat with V8guitar
Gary went out for a lap with Dave in the 944 then Dave kindly let Gary have a drive.
The first track closure of the weekend at 7pm so the team called it a day and go for a beer

Ross didn’t make it to the track he stayed at the apartment with Andy changing his tyres and brakes. A funny event was them both standing up when they had completed the job when Andy heard a clicking sound under his foot. Looking down the brake retainer from one of the pads was stuck to his shoe so the wheel had to come off again.

Quiet evening in the apartment where Andy came into his own by not letting anyone go to sleep until they had drink at least one full crate. Team retired around 1am very tired and extremely drunk.

Saturday
7.30 start to get a quick shower and be at the track for 8am. Andy and Liz decided on a lie-in……….No comment :whistle:
Ross put in his first lap trying to remember which way the track went not as easy as he remembered. His very stripped VR6 with 200bhp providing a good basis for a ring toy. The comical part is that it has no dashboard but a stereo strapped to the floor with a speaker mounted in a tool box which is sprayed and bolted to the floor also. 100% for effort.
For some reason the fan started constantly working on the 944 so the battery had to be disconnected to stop it draining. German clutter :thumb:
Met Gorisan26 who looked to be going very nicely in his STi
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/tvr400/Nurburgring%2021st-24th%20July%2006/IMG_9874.jpg

Gary went out for a lap with the Brewski boys in the mad caterham. Getting his 6ft frame in and being comfy were not going to happen so he just went for getting his frame in. If you imagine the foetal position while wearing a helmet it’s close to it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/tvr400/Nurburgring%2021st-24th%20July%2006/IMG_0262.jpg
An excellent lap with the caterham performing well, as did the driver.

Around mid-day Gary had to nip to the garage to pay some of Jonah’s M3 bill. When he arrived he heard a familiar sounding engine note. 10 seconds later his car pulled out of the garage. The mechanic who was not supposed to be working Saturday came in especially to fit his gearbox. Could you imagine them doing that in the UK? :nono:

There was a huge storm around 1pm with the 205 having only gotten one lap in. Sitting in the car with the rain hammering down Gary thought ‘what the heck’ and went for a 50mph lap. It was the first time he had not seen another car or another person on a lap.

Phone call from Dave saying he had spun on the exit of Brunchen 2 Bren was to blame he was pushing Dave to get the back end out. He sure managed it :lol: . He also managed to get a stone between the disc and backing plate, meaning a wheel had to be taken off in the car park…borrowed some tools off someone and repaid him by taking his wife out for a lap. B)

A fun lap with the 205 and the Brewski boys Caterham. Their customers in the passenger seats being treated to a little horse play as Gary and Darren overtook each other constantly through the lap. Great fun and very safe.
Chatting with Ben Lovejoy Ed and Thorleif
The 205 for some reason was running like a bag of nails and unable to tick over. It was fine to drive once it passed 3K revs, so Gary kept on lapping in it.
Ed had an incident when the FTO he was passenger in, it had an accident on the entry to Adenau Forst. Ed was lucky to escape with nothing more than a small cut, the FTO was written off.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/tvr400/Nurburgring%2021st-24th%20July%2006/IMG_9498.jpg

The guys decided to have a BBQ at the apartment. The food they bought was brilliant with German style steaks being the order of the day. The only problem was by the time it was cooking they had to use VR6 light to cook under.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/tvr400/Nurburgring%2021st-24th%20July%2006/IMG_9846.jpg

The carnival was also in town in the form of the German Truck grand prix. At around midnight the fireworks started and the guys were treated to a great display while drinking copious amounts of beer. A 3.30am finish to the day.

Sunday
Another early start to the day.
The track was quieter than expected for a mad Sunday which was nice. Infact the guys commented that it had been much quieter than last year for sure.
Met Robert with the nice Alfa 147GTA
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/tvr400/Nurburgring%2021st-24th%20July%2006/IMG_0131.jpg
Dave had a passenger lap with Autohabit in the pretty E30 M3 and CJCastor in the Nova. Dave took him out for a lap in the 944.

Gary and Dave went to Quiddelbach Hohe with Robert to take pictures for a couple of hours. These guys nipped onto the track during a closure and zapped up the road motorcross style playing to Gary with his camera.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/tvr400/Nurburgring%2021st-24th%20July%2006/IMG_9866.jpg

A picture of Bren on the back wheel of his R1, the first one he had seen apparently?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/tvr400/Nurburgring%2021st-24th%20July%2006/2-1.jpg

Thorleif’s tyres looked like they had seen better days so another set was obtained quickly. Why isn’t it surprising that he kills tyres and brakes so quickly? :o ;)

Some nice laps with Porsche and 205 passenger seats being busy as usual
205 becoming quite undrivable at anything under 3K revs. Some work for the garage in the next couple of weeks he thinks.
A nice lap with Robert in the GTA following Gary. Dave nervous at the SX speed of the GTA :o

Met Karl who had blown the Nova up. Another nice lap this time with Ross following the 205 in his VR6 golf.

Dave took Ross out for a great lap with Adam Driving one of his groups Boxster S, lots of crashes around Stilestreke and Carrousel. Dave let the ring taxi past up Hohe acht and then by Mini Karoussel was still about 1 meter off its rear bumper. One of the best laps of the weekend.
Dave spinning at Pflantzgarten on his last lap of the day and luckily staying on the black stuff, phew
Meal in the Pistenklause with new and old friends. The Brewski bros, Steven and his wife with the quick diesel beemer, Ross Andy, Liz, Gemma. James with the 968, Lali with the Seat. Of course Thorleif was there too so plenty of beer was drunk and the guys endlessly taking the piss out of each other :thumb: ''Jesus its all about having fun for (Oops I said the F word)s sake'' WHO AM I???

Monday
A quick (ish) and easy trip home with the guys very tired.
On getting home they learned of the tragic events which claimed the life of a young German biker Monday afternoon.

The thoughts of all on Northloop are with his family…………Its important to remember that while we are all addicted to the place we must be sensible and stay safe.

Gary and Dave

Simon
25-07-2006, 09:46 PM
good report there :thumb: Gary, have you found out what is wrong with your car yet? At least the gearbox fitted thou :thumb:

Gary Kinghorn
25-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Just out of tune I think ........ needs a bit of TLC with a screwdriver :thumb:

Simon
25-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Gutmann pug@Jul 25 2006, 10:48 PM
Just out of tune I think ........ needs a bit of TLC with a screwdriver :thumb:
:lol: . Don't forget the hammer as well :thumb:

Ringumrundender
26-07-2006, 06:05 AM
Great report! Thank you for the sticker! :thumb:

My Car and everything else is ok also.

Carsten

Gary Kinghorn
26-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Great stuff Carsten, glad to hear that, you seemed pretty shaken at the weekend...........

Nice to meet you mate

Gary

oola
26-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Great report Gary and nice to meet you. Sorry to hear about the problems with the Pug. The GT was awesome all weekend .... glad she completed her maiden voyage intact. It my first time driving as last year I was a passenger and I was fairly pleased with what I had learnt ...... the passenger laps last year definately helped me pick things up quicker!

A few of the lads with us were buying Top Marques on the way home, looking for nice E36 M3's to strip ...

http://www.smartgroups.com/picvault/35429098.jpg/DSC00978.jpg

olly elworthy
26-07-2006, 10:26 AM
heres my report from swdubs.co.uk,,

well what can i say guys? i can officially say that this time we have done it all,,,,,,,,,
all started on weds morning when naseys 16v decided to blow its engine up leg out of bed big style oil pressure problem i recon sure nase will update you all after he has stripped the engine down,,, ,,,
then we all met up and made progress up for dover on weds night,,, hmm whats that noise said nathan,, few minutes later me and nath were out getting greasy in 35 degree temps replacing the toothed charger drive belt,, held us back about 20 mins so warp speed was engaged to catch up the others at fleet services for the first stop,, stayed there ten mins and then went up for dover,, traffic was bad on teh m25 / 26, made it down to our travelodge at ashford for some well earned beers and pizzas,,

after a restless night we went down to dover and got on the ferry,, was delayed a bit but goit us to bologne super quick..
met up with champo, ben pete and fliss and set off for the ring,, after a few sat nav realted wrong turns we made it to the ring in time for beerage before going to bed, poor old rays clutch started slipping on the mk1 due to a dodgy input shaft oil seal so that meant he had a busy morning ahead of him

woo hoo its friday,, got up not to early had a bit of breakfast, fueled up the cars and went up to the ring for a look in the museum, was awesome looking at all teh racecars and various engines about in there, got news from ray that he was doing well with the clutch change and would be meeting us at the ring in the afternoon,, after some currywurst in the museum cafe and a few purchases it was time to head up to the ring,,
I did teh first lap in teh raddo nice and slow to refind my bearings and was glad to of completed a lap,, i had been feeling sick all morning as i was so nervous,, after one lap i was sound as a pound again,,
raddo proceeded to be taken out by me and nath all afternon, ray arrived at about 4pm and put some good laps in in the mk1, all was going well, B6 was pulled off the track for noise in teh afternoon but thankfully they never bothered maccarrr and b6 after that,,
G6 was putting a good number of laps in in the afternoon too, all a bit nervous as it was her firs outing but she perfomred impeccably all weekend, hurmies car is awesome,,

with teh first day of cainage over it was off to hotel lindenhoff for some food,, awesome!! then back to brens for watching teh video footage and many bottles of beer,,

sat morning got up nice and early and got up to the track for about 8:30 am,, putting in some nice laps whilst it was quiet on track...
middle of the day the heavens opened whilst we were out watchiung at brunchen and we got thouroughly soaked seeking refuge in a drainage culvert and then in the back of some americans car,,

after a couple hours the track dried out and it was time to get some evening laps in,, all going well,,

drove up to adenau in the eveneing and gat a huge stack of pizzas to take back to brens, for munching and accompnying with beer..

sunday morning,, up early again and straight up to the track.. got some good laps in in teh morning few of the crowd went up yo watch between phlanzgarden and the mini carousell,, so we were putting on a good show for them all was going well until i tok nathan out for a lap to find ray with crashed mk1 at the entrance to aduner forst,, felt really sick but at least ray was ok,,
proceeded to finish the lap somewhat shellshocked, it was horrible there were 4 other crashes on that same lap it was like driving round a wreckers yard,,
track was closed for a couple hours whilst all was cleaned up,,
did anotehr slow lap with monzadave in teh car in teh afternoon,,
uncle richard then took the car out when it came back in it was making teh tell tale toothed belt crediton noise,, oh (Oops I said the F word) i thought popped up the bonnet and sure enough the crediton piece of shit poulley kit had started its hungry munch on yeat anotehr toothed belt,, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (Oops I said the F word) shit bollocks i thought,, took teh car back to brens and crossed my fingers toes and nutsack that we would get out of europe on what was left of teh belt..
in teh meantime bren had taken monza out and did a 8.55 min lap in the standard 16v beast 3 up!!! amazing,, joe and dave could not belive how fast bren was going still clad in bike leathers and boots!!
monza came back in with oil at 150 and burped all her coolant out,, we waited for her to cool down and started limping her home,, but she was not happy her raditor cap had blown so she kept burping all her coolant out,,
ray matt d and nathan brought down another cap for us we refitted that and she was much more like normal,,

went out down to gerolstein for an awesome chinese with bren and suz in the eve and had an excellent night everyone laughing all night,,

then we sneaked up to teh ring in teh evening and did some awesome track painting at about midninght before mini carousell,, it was a right laugh,,

monday morning,, bren did us all and awesome fry up, dave an dfliss pete and ben cam up to meet us and we set off,, got so far home and b6 started being a slag and its alternator fell off, group was split into two and we headed for bolugne, with a map and no wrong turns,, nathan took it really easy and we made it o the boat on teh charger belt phew!!

after a nice boat ride we ended up in dover and went to fleet services,, b6 broke on the way her PAS pump fell off,, but they tied it out teh way and carried on,,

got to fleet the charger belt was now missing 5 teeth, went in had some grub and set off again,, got onto teh 303 and teh charger belt astarted making an even horribler noise and shredded off,,

quick belt change for a belt i had taken off previously as it was noisey and off we went again,, throufgh a load of shitty diversions made it back onto the 303 and opps (Oops I said the F word) shit crediton the thrid belt has brocken,, all to teh rac and a lowloader took me and nathan back to his and we goit in at about 2am,, sleep time and here i am now,,

waht an awesome weekend was had!!! as i said at teh start of this thread i think we experienced about everything that could of happend!!

bring on teh ring trip next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

met some great people and had a wicked time!! :D

Gary Kinghorn
26-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks for posting your report up Ollie.

Gary

Chris
26-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Hi guys,

I had a top weekend. I tried to find you Gary to get my sticker but everytime I went over to your car you were no where to be seen.

Thanks very much for the passenger lap Dave, it was amazing to compare the lines/braking points and I cant wait to take mine out there again (hopefully september). I am also glad you enjoyed your lap in my car, BTW I have fixed the passenger seat down now.

Chris

Gary Kinghorn
26-07-2006, 03:30 PM
We can still sort your sticker out, send me a pm and it will be arranged.

I also took a few pics of you which I can mail to you if you pm me your e-mail addy.

gary

DAN THE MAN
26-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by oola@Jul 26 2006, 07:28 AM

The guy with the NSX took me out on the road,,NEXT CAR DEFO!

:D :D

oola
26-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by DAN THE MAN+Jul 26 2006, 04:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DAN THE MAN @ Jul 26 2006, 04:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-oola@Jul 26 2006, 07:28 AM

The guy with the NSX took me out on the road,,NEXT CAR DEFO&#33;

:D :D [/b][/quote]
Dan, where was this?&#33; Its one of my mates Mark.

matt d
26-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Hello all :P

I was there with Olly and the lads from south west dubs forum.
I was driving the Accord type-r and had an awesome time.
I&#39;ve not much to add to what Olly said, Just that i couldn&#39;t believe how well the Accord handled on the track. A bit more torque would have been usefull though.
Now i&#39;d better see if Gary has any piccies for me.
:thumb:

Gary Kinghorn
26-07-2006, 06:36 PM
If its red then i have a nice one of you. PM me with your e-mail addy.

Gary

matt d
26-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Gutmann pug@Jul 26 2006, 06:36 PM
If its red then i have a nice one of you. PM me with your e-mail addy.

Gary
Will do now.
Cheers

Gary Kinghorn
26-07-2006, 07:01 PM
yhm

DAN THE MAN
26-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by oola+Jul 26 2006, 05:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (oola @ Jul 26 2006, 05:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by DAN THE MAN@Jul 26 2006, 04:27 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-oola@Jul 26 2006, 07:28 AM

Dan, where was this?&#33; Its one of my mates Mark. [/b][/quote]
well we were in motorsport hotel and it was outside so i was having a look round it and he shouted over sit in it if u like&#33;

I was in like a shot then he said come on ill rag it up the road with u in.. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

VTEC on steroids and i was in honda heaven&#33; monday it was about 12PM.

Ive found him on NSXCB but cant PM him yet as my registration hasnt come through.

mint mint mint. :D

Pooky
26-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Once had the chance to take an NSX to Milan for a bit, came back, looked on Autotrader and decided that they are too expensive. But I still wan&#39;t one.

joe8v
26-07-2006, 09:18 PM
my report from www.swdubs.co.uk

well boys,awesome weekend.

had some awesome cainage. got some rides in
911 gt3 turbo, 550bhp supra, 205 gti, lotus elise, d reg 911 carrera 2, m5, caterum super 7, and all the boys on the trip

had a few flying laps in moza with Dave driving. was really shocked at how well he was peddling.

was a bit shaken up when we saw raynal but he was ok and the car is repairable 2 so not to bad. on that same lap we saw a biker high-side at high speed behind us. parked up and ran back to help him when i was nearly hit by a s2000 doing a 120mph tank slapper
biker was ok ish so left him with the marshals. as we ran back to the car we saw another 4 bikers off. a mk3 had dropped some oil on the racing line and they were all dropping like flys.

Brens lap in dave&#39;s car was unreal.
he was flying in monza, Dave and i were shitting ourselves as he had never driven the car before and he was wearing leathers and boots we did an awesome 8:55 in a 140bhp mk2 16v golf. WOW

got some wicked footage. 3hrs worth.

had fun mooning Sabine from the side of the track :P

ring painting was awesome to.

thanks for all the rides dudes. thanks to Dave and stump for letting me drive your cars, and Matt D for the lift there and back

Also big thanks to Bren and sou for the beer and bed :thumb:
Hope you liked your pressie Bren.

did 7 laps in total, had shitloads of rides, drank lots of beer, ate lots of currywurst AWESOME TIME

Hey Bren

"RASEN IST OUT"

;) :D :whistle:

slidersguesthouse
26-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by joe8v@Jul 26 2006, 09:18 PM
my report from www.swdubs.co.uk

well boys,awesome weekend.

had some awesome cainage. got some rides in
911 gt3 turbo, 550bhp supra, 205 gti, lotus elise, d reg 911 carrera 2, m5, caterum super 7, and all the boys on the trip

had a few flying laps in moza with Dave driving. was really shocked at how well he was peddling.

was a bit shaken up when we saw raynal but he was ok and the car is repairable 2 so not to bad. on that same lap we saw a biker high-side at high speed behind us. parked up and ran back to help him when i was nearly hit by a s2000 doing a 120mph tank slapper
biker was ok ish so left him with the marshals. as we ran back to the car we saw another 4 bikers off. a mk3 had dropped some oil on the racing line and they were all dropping like flys.

Brens lap in dave&#39;s car was unreal.
he was flying in monza, Dave and i were shitting ourselves as he had never driven the car before and he was wearing leathers and boots we did an awesome 8:55 in a 140bhp mk2 16v golf. WOW

got some wicked footage. 3hrs worth.

had fun mooning Sabine from the side of the track :P

ring painting was awesome to.

thanks for all the rides dudes. thanks to Dave and stump for letting me drive your cars, and Matt D for the lift there and back

Also big thanks to Bren and sou for the beer and bed :thumb:
Hope you liked your pressie Bren.

did 7 laps in total, had shitloads of rides, drank lots of beer, ate lots of currywurst AWESOME TIME

Hey Bren

"RASEN IST OUT"

;) :D :whistle:
:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

Glad you had a good weekend.. and rasen is definitely in.... :thumb:

DAN THE MAN
27-07-2006, 06:19 AM
Ahh i think i know who u mean in the S2K, he was with the lads in a red DC2 remember him mentioning his tank slapper cos he had to brake hard. The guy in the dc2 is called freeteg and is on dc2 forum..ill get him on northloop and get the story from the other side. :blink: :blink:

matt d
27-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Got the pic Gary, Thanks it looks awesome :thumb:

Bren, racen might be in for you but for us it&#39;s proper out. :shame:

Gary Kinghorn
27-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Good stuff glad you like it.

Gary

oola
27-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by DAN THE MAN+Jul 26 2006, 08:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DAN THE MAN @ Jul 26 2006, 08:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by oola@Jul 26 2006, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by DAN THE MAN@Jul 26 2006, 04:27 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-oola@Jul 26 2006, 07:28 AM

Dan, where was this?&#33; Its one of my mates Mark.
well we were in motorsport hotel and it was outside so i was having a look round it and he shouted over sit in it if u like&#33;

I was in like a shot then he said come on ill rag it up the road with u in.. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

VTEC on steroids and i was in honda heaven&#33; monday it was about 12PM.

Ive found him on NSXCB but cant PM him yet as my registration hasnt come through.

mint mint mint. :D [/b][/quote]
Dan - Yes its a great motor .... its been looked after like you wouldn&#39;t beleive. He&#39;s had it just over a year and it only had 17k on the clock. He&#39;s put some updated bits on it to bring it up to date .... those straight through Tubi&#39;s are special arn&#39;t they?&#33; :blink:

Between that and the 360 with sports exhausts, driving behind the pair of em was noisy, but what a noise&#33;

DAN THE MAN
28-07-2006, 07:08 AM
yeah he told me all the bits and what he paid for the milage..GIT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

ace car and ive been looking but cant find one near it for the price <_<

gorisan26
31-07-2006, 11:58 AM
All in all we had an awesom weekend, Thanks for posting up the pick gutmann, looks like we weren&#39;t far from taking off&#33; We got there early saturday morning abandoning all of our group except the boys in the blue bora (seemed to be the only other members of our lot that actually were interested in driving and not beer). We cracked on learning the track as best we could making use of the time when bikes were kept off and also doing around eight laps in the rain (nice and empty and not pushing as hard as in the dry)

After that it was back to the hotel for an early night and got back to the ring for half seven sunday morning.

I felt alot more at home from the off on sunday knowing where the track went after each corner and picking up good hints on lines shown by passing locals. From that point we could do low nine&#39;s every time (except for when there were flags out) topped off by a couple of high eights and a 8.40 with the guidance of following a Luxumberg plated gt3rs.

On that high we called it a weekend and took the subaru with it&#39;s grumbly brakes home.

So to sum it all up it was one of the best weekends I&#39;ve ever had with alot of incerdible cars, awesom track and a bunch of friendly like minded people&#33;

I&#39;ll be back soon&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :affection:

Dave Malings
31-07-2006, 05:19 PM
I felt alot more at home from the off on sunday knowing where the track went after each corner

I was watching at QH and seemed to be going OK there :thumb:

gorisan26
31-07-2006, 05:29 PM
I cautiously added pace through the day and just when it was time to go home it felt like I could start to push harder.................. but thats life in general, once you know what you&#39;re doing you run out of time, I think that&#39;s the attraction to the place, there&#39;s always more&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :unsure:

Gary Kinghorn
31-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Looked like you were going ok to me too .....

Pictures sent by the way :thumb:

gorisan26
01-08-2006, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the words of support guys and thanks for taking the time out to take some awesom photos gary :thumb:

Gary Kinghorn
01-08-2006, 07:55 AM
No problem, its my pleasure.

Dub Nutta
01-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Had a wicked weekend over at the Ring, Went over with a Large group from Swdubs.co.uk and i think everyone enjoyed themselves.

Had a few eventfull moments over the weekend starting with getting lost countless times thanks to good old sat nav on the journey over, A clutch oil seal going half way througth belgium resulting in a Friday morning dash to the VW garage in Adenau and a few oily hours in bren&#39;s garage putting a new clutch in the Mk1&#33;

Huge thanks to Bren for helping source the parts and the use of his garage, and Suz for the much needed refreshments :thumb: Cheers&#33;

Got out on track arround 4:30 on friday for 3 nice smooth laps to familarise myself with the track. Would have done a few more but the track closed early so we all headed off to the Linderhoff for some much needed rumsteak and beer.

Got to the track for 8am on saturday and got a few good clear laps in early on before the weather came in. decided to head off to brunnchen to spectate and walk up to the Karussell, Ended up taking shelter on the Varander of the Marshall&#39;s hut just before Hole Acht before a very wet run back to the car and a trip back to Sliders 4 a quick dry off. By then the Track had started to dry out so we headed back to the ring for a few more evening laps. Went out with Dave in his R32 and supprisingly put in a respectable 9:28 despite waiting for him after Flugplaz and slowing down for an accident jsut after Metzgesfeld.

Sunday morning again started early, Saw Dave in the 944 with an empty seat so went out for well piloted lap with him.

In Hindsight realising that Dave wasn&#39;t pushing as hard as I was should have been a reality check&#33;

However on my 3rd lap of the morning heading out of the foxhole over the left hand blind apex entry to Adenau Fost the car started to oversteer slightly as it had done on several laps previously, unfased by this i gently corrected the car with no real drama only for it to snap arround to the right putting me in to a spin and glancing the armco on the RHS of the track :(

Thankfully the Harnesses and Helmets did their job and me and my passenger were unscathed. I sent Pete off to flag down the track whilst i rang the Office.

2 flurescent Vests and the Office number in your Mobile realy are must have&#39;s

Once the Drama of the morning was dealt with we headed off spectating and a few Pax laps.

Went off for a few Beers and a Chineese with the rest of the group and Bren and Suz to end what had been an eventfull but enjoyable weekend.

Got the car back yesterday thanks to RAC breakdown cover (another essential), Thanks to Gary for offering to assist with storeing the car.

With 5 laps and a return ferry crossing to use up before the end of the year i&#39;l defintly be back&#33; Looking at Sept 31st-October 3rd unless the snow has set in.

Dave Malings
02-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Sunday morning again started early, Saw Dave in the 944 with an empty seat so went out for well piloted lap with him.

In Hindsight realising that Dave wasn&#39;t pushing as hard as I was should have been a reality check&#33;
Errr, that was me pushing :whistle:

slidersguesthouse
02-08-2006, 08:14 AM
Glad the golf got back ok.... Hope to see it back again looking like it did when it turned up. :)