PDA

View Full Version : Not really a first aid course, but...

Ringumrundender
11-07-2006, 10:18 PM
First of all,I managed to stay in a room with Euan,Carl and Ross and managed to completly overlook them.(sorry about that)
But at least on Sunday Euan and Ross had a chat with me.(nice glasses Ross… ;) .)

The first hour went by with a little advertising from the N-Gmbh and a discussion.

Because the VLN delays, and the amount of people (@55) we agreed to skip the first aid bit. :(

But the rescue people were impressed with our commitment, and made this offer:
Free Northloop specific first aid courses, just the ones the Marshalls get at the beginning of each season. :thumb:
Max 20 People.Best time in the off season.
But since you lot shurely would attend something in November, I´ll recommend that there will be an english speaker course earlier.
Location will be the Ringhaus.

I´ll keep contact to them.
But here are some interesting points we learnt later that evening.

Arriving at a crash scene:
-Warning lights on.
-Stop only on the right!The Northloop is treated like a Autobahn during Touristenfahrten.

Report:
-always carry a working cell phone with you.
-make clear what happened
-report to this number:02691-302215

Safety:
-Use your car as a barrier.Personal safety is upmost priority.
-warn oncoming traffic.
-Use a yellow vest and/or a flag.But beware:most people drive into the direction they are looking.Stay behind the armco whilst signaling.

Organizing:
-Very often a unorganised bunch of people do the same things.
One person should be the manager until the rescuers arrive.
-Guide people behind the armco.
-If there is enough help present, wave others by.

Helping:
Any form of help is good.The worst thing is not to help.
BTW: you HAVE to help!

And the burning car that will explode any second is just a myth ala Hollywood. :P

The tips were so good, that I used them twice the next day. B)
First a biker crash at the exit of Wehrseifen,than later when a Porc had an oil spill leading into Galgenkopf,where he crashed .

Carsten

Karl
12-07-2006, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the report, Kirsten. ;)

Unfortunately for us English guys, it was a complete waste of time :(
The problem was that Dr. Kafitz opened the session by saying "I understand we have a lot of English people here today", followed by "well, this will give you a chance to learn some German", and then rambled on for the next hour in German about the Golf course etc etc.

What a missed opportunity that was, had we done the first aid course at the beginning, we would all have benefited and then we could have left, and the Germans could have discussed the golf course, the car park, and all the other stuff. We would have all got what we came for then, shame :(

Gary Kinghorn
12-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Karl@Jul 12 2006, 08:17 AM

Unfortunately for us English guys
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .......... bloody sausage muncher I reckon ;) :lol:

Ringumrundender
12-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Karl@Jul 12 2006, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the report, Kirsten.* ;)

Unfortunately for us English guys, it was a complete waste of time :(
The problem was that Dr. Kafitz opened the session by saying "I understand we have a lot of English people here today", followed by "well, this will give you a chance to learn some German", and then rambled on for the next hour in German about the Golf course etc etc.

What a missed opportunity that was, had we done the first aid course at the beginning, we would all have benefited and then we could have left, and the Germans could have discussed the golf course, the car park, and all the other stuff. We would have all got what we came for then, shame :(
OK Karl! ;) Sorry about the wrong spelling. :shame:

I only arrived saturday at 5:20PM because the shop I work in closed late. :angry:

I did the 168 Km to the Ring in 55 minutes. :ph43r:

I tried my best, but as Manfred Strack indicated on Fryday evening when we talked/planned the course, Dr. Krafitz is a little ....special.

I felt gratful to him,because of the offer about the cost free first aid course. <_<

But the new offer comes directly from the Malteser Hilfsdienst e.V./Projektgruppe Nürburgring&#33; :thumb:

No politics and showboating,just a real course.

The real problem was that the instructors only arrived at the ringhaus @6:30PM. :(

regards,

Christina ;)

Pics are here: http://images.mw-sportfoto.de/touri06/1staid01/

Tony
12-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Isn&#39;t the &#39;larger&#39; Kiwi looking guy getting pulled from the car in your pictures Robert aka Bad Dragon?

He hasn&#39;t been in here for a while :huh:

T

leavingeasy
12-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Certainly looks like him- saw him at the Ring last trip, still mad as a box of frogs. :thumb:

GVK
13-07-2006, 05:40 AM
http://images.mw-sportfoto.de/touri06/1sta...s/4828-0288.jpg (http://images.mw-sportfoto.de/touri06/1staid01/images/4828-0288.jpg)

Karl, looking very attentive "Can you understand a word Euan?"

"Clear as mud,pal&#33;" :lol:

Is that Job sitting next to Jochen, asleep?? :D

Ringumrundender
13-07-2006, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by GVK@Jul 13 2006, 05:40 AM
http://images.mw-sportfoto.de/touri06/1sta...s/4828-0288.jpg (http://images.mw-sportfoto.de/touri06/1staid01/images/4828-0288.jpg)

Karl, looking very attentive "Can you understand a word Euan?"

"Clear as mud,pal&#33;" :lol:

Yep,looks like it. :(

But Karl should have had the problem that he understood EVERY THING. <_<

Carsten

Karl
13-07-2006, 06:50 AM
I did understand everything, I was however concentrating on not being sick :unsure:

GVK
13-07-2006, 06:51 AM
Knew you were concentrating on something&#33; :thumb:

rossm
13-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Karl@Jul 13 2006, 06:50 AM
I was however concentrating on not being sick :unsure:
You and me both, I did not feel well sitting in that room, I think it felt around 50C in there :shame:

slidersguesthouse
13-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by rossm@Jul 13 2006, 09:39 AM
You and me both, I did not feel well sitting in that room, I think it felt around 50C in there :shame:
Me too I gave up trying to understand what was being said after about 20 mins and concentrated on myhangover.. and not being sick... :(

Karl
13-07-2006, 01:49 PM
LOL, the old lady that served us until whenever it was, was highly amused when I told her about your trip home, she said we had six different schnaps + a bucket of beer each, (she wasn&#39;t suprised about Ross) :lol:

Gary Kinghorn
13-07-2006, 06:08 PM
If you need any training from a qualified first aider with a CTERTIFTICATE and badge I&#39;ll be willing to give it :thumb:

Mouth to mouth will not be included ......... :lol: ........ unless leavingeasy and Steven want to have a crack at it :gayfight:

leavingeasy
13-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Shergars missus is a paramedic and she told me mouth to mouth is pointless, far better to just keep going with the compressions.

Sorry Westy&#33;

Gary Kinghorn
13-07-2006, 06:46 PM
probably right mate ........ but in the first place you try MTM ....... If the heart has stopped the compressions keep the blood pumping round and hopefully the organs from dying. They very very very rairly come back from that (from what you do on the side of the road). Its only the ambulance people with the Defibrillator who can get them started again.

Simon
13-07-2006, 07:55 PM
^^^
get you Florence :lol:

Gary Kinghorn
13-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Mofo

Juanjo
15-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Hi guys, I&#39;m also a first aid instructor and professional firefighting instructor... good that you show some interest on first aid, at the ring you will have an opportunity to use your skills sooner or later...

just as a technical precision, latest guidelines by the European Resuscitation Council do recommend 30 chest compressions, followed by two ventilations ("mouth to mouth" or better with appropiate material and Oxygen 15%...) But certainly your chances of being efficient without previous proper training are small... btw never stop once you started it&#33;

and I thought that the advice on the first post was something everybody would do... I see it was perhaps not the case&#33;

Cheers,

Juan

Gary Kinghorn
15-07-2006, 01:56 PM
My training, completed thursday said 15 compressions to 2 MTM??????

Gary

Juanjo
20-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Hi Gary, not wrong but outdated. It seems that is certainly more important to keep the blood moving around (blood that is plenty of oxygen just after the heart stops) that to blow in air so often.
You can have the complete explanation on here: http://www.erc.edu/

Cheers mate, I hope you don&#39;t have to practise it often...